Report: White Sox interested in both Machado and Harper?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
His OPS+ which is a better stat than average was 112 ish minus season 1. That's above average dude.

It's a good thing I added three additional stats to show you how bad he truly was. Dude was a horrible signing and I couldn't wait to boot his ass out. He should have been taken out back and shot for having 720 strikeouts in 528 games.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Way to ignore the more important for the simple.

:clap:

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Way to ignore the more important for the simple.

:clap:

He struck out 720 times in 528 games Brett. He never once eclipsed above .220 in Chicago. He was abhorrently bad. I'm not ignoring anything. The guy was a suckfest or else he wouldn't have been traded away.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He struck out 720 times in 528 games Brett. He never once eclipsed above .220 in Chicago. He was abhorrently bad. I'm not ignoring anything. The guy was a suckfest or else he wouldn't have been traded away.

It was time to get something before his contract expired, but he was above average his remaining 2.5 years. He got on base and hit for power. Yes you keep ignoring that.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
It was time to get something before his contract expired, but he was above average his remaining 2.5 years. He got on base and hit for power. Yes you keep ignoring that.

His highest OBP for the Sox was .340. With how many times he walked a season that should have been over .400 minimum. He sucked Brett, you'll never convince me otherwise. 222 strikeouts in one season. Hit 41 homeruns and still didn't drive in 100 runs.

I saw him in suck in person, I saw him suck on TV. The stench of his sucktitude his first year still lingers at Guaranteed Rate.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
His highest OBP for the Sox was .340. With how many times he walked a season that should have been over .400 minimum. He sucked Brett, you'll never convince me otherwise. 222 strikeouts in one season. Hit 41 homeruns and still didn't drive in 100 runs.

I saw him in suck in person, I saw him suck on TV. The stench of his sucktitude his first year still lingers at Guaranteed Rate.

I'm not going to get thru to you so we should move on

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Good idea. Sooo whatcha think our lineup is going to be this year?

Good one.

Let's see

1b Abreu
2b Moncada
SS Anderson
3b Sanchez
LF Delmonico
CF Engel
RF Avi
C Narvaez
DH Palka

What does that mean? Well, assuming no Free Agents and until Eloy gets called up to play LF, I'll go with:

Anderson
Avi
Abreu
Palka
Narvaez
Anderson
Delmonico
Sanchez
Engel

Once Eloy comes up, Anderson slips to 7th with Eloy hitting 6th and Delmonico potentially released.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
It'd be nice if Engel can strikeout a bit less and maybe hit for a bit better average. I know Robert will probably be up in 2020, but he can at least play some good D. Just wish his offense was better.

Aren't they toying with Moncada at third now for when Madrigal comes up next year?

Good lord Madrigal can't come soon enough. We need a leadoff guy that can actually make contact.

We thinking 2020 is this (barring no free agents)?

2B Madrigal
CF Robert
LF Jimenez
DH Palka
C Collins
RF Avi
3B Moncada
1B Sheets
SS Anderson

SP:

Kopech
Rodon
Cease
Dunning
Lopez

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It'd be nice if Engel can strikeout a bit less and maybe hit for a bit better average. I know Robert will probably be up in 2020, but he can at least play some good D. Just wish his offense was better.

Aren't they toying with Moncada at third now for when Madrigal comes up next year?

Good lord Madrigal can't come soon enough. We need a leadoff guy that can actually make contact.

We thinking 2020 is this (barring no free agents)?

2B Madrigal
CF Robert
LF Jimenez
DH Palka
C Collins
RF Avi
3B Moncada
1B Sheets
SS Anderson

SP:

Kopech
Rodon
Cease
Dunning
Lopez

I am sacred of Madrigal with his inability to walk. His obp is quite woeful. I think he's two years away to learn how to walk otherwise he becomes an 8 or 9 type hitter.

Can Robert play CF? I don't know, serious question. Rutherford if he does well again in 2019 I can see being the CF in 2020. Avi I think is gone. He just never reached anywhere near his power potential.

So you see Abreu gone? Interesting.

for 2019 I am hoping Stephens gets a shot in the rotation out of ST.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I am sacred of Madrigal with his inability to walk. His obp is quite woeful. I think he's two years away to learn how to walk otherwise he becomes an 8 or 9 type hitter.

Can Robert play CF? I don't know, serious question. Rutherford if he does well again in 2019 I can see being the CF in 2020. Avi I think is gone. He just never reached anywhere near his power potential.

I'm not sure on what Madrigal ends up becoming, but he's a waaaay better contact hitter than anyone else we have at the top of the lineup. Way too many strikeouts happening leading off.

I thought that was where they started Robert and he was slated to be at once he comes up. Could Jimenez jump to right and then he play left while Rutherford or Engel is in center? I hope Avi is gone, should have been gone after he hit .330, but alas, I think he'll still be here for some reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Abreu for a veteran presence, but Palka's emergence as a viable power hitter is making me think otherwise. If Berger hadn't have torn his Achilles twice, I'd think for sure he was gone. I'm not quite sure if Sheets will be ready by 2020 though right away, so that one I'll just have to wait and see.

I think there's a couple of guys from the minors that might get a shot right out of spring training. Stephens is one of em. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them move a prospect or two to get someone they really want in a trade. They've almost turned that corner from sellers to buyers.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think injuries have set them back a full year. They may buy this offseason but I think they may still look for flips and strengthen the team in A ball and below for just one more season.

Totally see the reasoning behind too many k's at leadoff, but I could live with it if it was couple with high on base.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I think injuries have set them back a full year. They may buy this offseason but I think they may still look for flips and strengthen the team in A ball and below for just one more season.

Totally see the reasoning behind too many k's at leadoff, but I could live with it if it was couple with high on base.

I totally agree. They lost a full rebuild year with all the injuries to everyone. It wasn't just like one or two guys, several key guys missed time. Kopech's is the one that hurts the most. I was excited to see what he could do starting from opening day, now we'll have to wait a year.

Yeah some K's wouldn't be bad if guys up there had a .350 OBP. If Moncada stays up there he needs to expand his strikezone. He can't continue to sit on pitches that close.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I totally agree. They lost a full rebuild year with all the injuries to everyone. It wasn't just like one or two guys, several key guys missed time. Kopech's is the one that hurts the most. I was excited to see what he could do starting from opening day, now we'll have to wait a year.

Yeah some K's wouldn't be bad if guys up there had a .350 OBP. If Moncada stays up there he needs to expand his strikezone. He can't continue to sit on pitches that close.

I actually think with time he's going to be getting those close calls. I am not worried for now at his whiff rate. I think it drops 20% this year.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I sure hope so, I can't continue to watch him strikeout looking twice a game.

richb688

Liked Posts:

you do not have a clue about Madrigal dude

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
you do not have a clue about Madrigal dude

Again, read more, speak less. It will help.

Welcome to baseball. The more you learn the better you'll like the game.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Come on Hahn, go get him! Make him your top priority. For once in the last 20+ years outbid everyone else on a free agent in his prime!

http://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-in-play-for-bryce-harper-at-meetings/c-301519256

We have plenty of dollars. I'd pitch to Harper him as the star. I'd show 2020 as the time when we return one of our very own back home in Tyler Flowers. I'd show that we are going all out for Rendon or Areando in 2020. And then end the presentation with one more return...Chris Sale. Now let's see if Harper jumps.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
We have plenty of dollars. I'd pitch to Harper him as the star. I'd show 2020 as the time when we return one of our very own back home in Tyler Flowers. I'd show that we are going all out for Rendon or Areando in 2020. And then end the presentation with one more return...Chris Sale. Now let's see if Harper jumps.

I don't think Sale would come back. The whole cutting up the jerseys thing was pretty wacked. I think you're right in that they need to make him become the face of the franchise. On a team like the Yankees he's just another guy, on the White Sox he's THE guy that they'll put pieces around. They have plenty on their way and money to burn on others. Plus you magnify the chances of adding additional free agents when you sign a guy like Harper.