Retool or Rebuild?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
After what happened in the first round with the Bulls and watching the playoffs since then, are the Bulls better off rebuilding or retooling. Orlando, Cleveland, Denver, Lakers are on such a higher scale...with the draft coming and free agency issues, what do the Bulls do?

I really think they (Foreman, Paxson) are going to rebuild...but they may have been impressed by the first round heroics. I hope they keep their eyes on the prize and go after a championship. They have the centerpiece to build around for the first time in over 10 years...

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think that they're in the end of rebuilding mode right now. look at us: we have the same rotation that we had two years ago that had all the potential. what makes you think that we would blow this up? we have plenty of young guys around rose, this is a great team for him to work with.

rebuilding usually happens when a competitor gets too old. we're still on the upswing, so i don't think rebuilding is really a valid term for whatever we do, even if we blow everything up. then it's just giving up on young guys.

remember:

rose is 21
gordon is 26
deng is 24
tyrus is 22?
noah is 23

that's a nice core, and no one in the team's starting rotation is even in their prime yet.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
We don't need to rebuild. We just need to take the best option that presents itself. Ben Gordon is a top 5 shooter in this league I believe. Deng is a 6'9'' SF that has unbelievable length with a nice mid-range game. Ty.Thomas can control a game with his defense and still needs a big man coach to get the full potential out of him. Noah is a great marketing player, slash, someone that will eventually grow into a true Center as he gets into the weight room. I think we have more talent than most teams in this league. The question is, will players get on the same page and push hard to achieve the goal over the next two years.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
We don't need to rebuild. We just need to take the best option that presents itself. Ben Gordon is a top 5 shooter in this league I believe. Deng is a 6'9'' SF that has unbelievable length with a nice mid-range game. Ty.Thomas can control a game with his defense and still needs a big man coach to get the full potential out of him. Noah is a great marketing player, slash, someone that will eventually grow into a true Center as he gets into the weight room. I think we have more talent than most teams in this league. The question is, will players get on the same page and push hard to achieve the goal over the next two years.
+1 ,real good post.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Retool and not really that it's just adding 1-2 more pieces. We have our current core intact and we just need to fill out the roster a bit. People just need to be patient and let Rose grow.

IMO use the picks to add depth and trade Kirk for some nice role players and sign Gordon and just let Rose and this team grow

If you were to take Howard, Kobe, Wade, LBJ, Paul etc off their current team and added them to the Bulls(minus Rose of course) which team would be better., the Bulls or their current team? I would say the Bulls with every guy besides Kobe and the Lakers and that I might still go with the Bulls

My point is we all feel Rose is a elite player and we already have nice pieces on this team and have had them for a while. Just let Rose grow into that elite player and out of nowhere this team will take a major major turn in the right direction....

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are just one really impressive trade from being in the upper echelon of the conference, if not the league. That's not a guarantee, I realize, but I don't think one can classify the team's circumstances as re-building. A few pieces are in place and flexibility is there to make greater leaps via trade or eventual cap space. That's re-tooling.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I think that is the problem, too many what ifs, too many variables, not enough constants. Too many questions, not enough answers. Tyrus can't control himself, let alone control a game. Being a great marketing player is not worth anything towards a championship. I really think that Deng is a huge question mark who doesn't know how to play with Rose yet. He just looked lost. I don't want the team to aim low. Gordon is a top 5 shooter, but her is not a top 10 guard. They need a SG to start and have Gordon coming off the bench.

I don't think this team is that talented....which one of these players would be a part of the 8 man rotation on either of the final four teams playing now?