Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...thibodeau---practice-was-tough-181655127.html

"When I played there, practice was tough," said Hamilton, who spent two seasons with the Bulls from 2011-13. "I never experienced anything like that until I actually got to Chicago. It's well-documented that practices are a little too long, they're a little too hard and things like that."So if you want Derrick [Rose] (healthy) for the whole year, you've got to protect him. You've got to protect his body. When you know it's game time, 'You know what? We're not going to play him 35, 40 minutes a game. It might be 20 minutes a game.'”

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Practice like its Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Either way, I think this shit is overblown as usual.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Normally I would take Thibs side on this issue but the fact is that for whatever reason, the Bulls are beat up and limping around when the play-offs start and hard practices could have something to do with it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
like you were ever healthy enough to practice

Rip is in the Larry Hughes category for me...i forget they played for the Bulls

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Larry Brown is known for having very easy practices. I don't think Rip ever played for a team with a drill coach.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Larry Brown is known for having very easy practices. I don't think Rip ever played for a team with a drill coach.
And I bet Larry Brown had the toughest practices of all the coaches he played for too (other than Thibs obviously) :elephant:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

yet iverson still didn't practice

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I love Thibs as a coach, but one has to think, that this is a reason why the Bulls find themselves constantly beat up

czman

Liked Posts:
I am sure there is some bad blood between Thibs and Hamilton. When Thibs benched Hamilton and threw him out of the rotation Hamilton's career was over and it never recovered. I have a feeling Hamilton thought the Bulls would revive his career, but it ended up killing it. I think anything Hamilton says should be taken with a grain of salt.

As far as Thibs and his practices and his wearing guys out, well that is hard to dispute not. Noah came out last year and said he needed his minutes cut because he was being worn down. Butler said in the playoffs he was never so tired in his entire life. When Deng got traded the people were saying the Bulls ran him into the ground.

This season the front office has put multiple players on minute restrictions because they can't trust the coach to limit the minutes.

I have never understood the notion that either you have to love everything about a coach/player or you are hater. Thibs is excellent at some things. When it comes to doing what is best for his players health long term over the season he may be the worst coach in the league. It does not make him a bad coach it means he has a flaw. The only question is will this flaw keep the Bulls and Thibs from ever reaching a championship. I don't know the answer to that question. I hope he modifies how his style a bit though.