Rose's Permanent Record Might Be Missing

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
There have been few moments in Illinois high school basketball history as perfect as the last 1.6 seconds of the 2006 state championship game at Carver Arena in Peoria.

Current Chicago Bull Derrick Rose, just a junior at Simeon then, drove into the lane, elevated and nailed a jumper as time expired in overtime to give the Wolverines the Class AA state championship.

That state title could be in jeopardy now, along with the 2007 state title Rose led Simeon to the following year.

With the news of grade changing at Simeon during the 2006-07 school year, IHSA executive director Marty Hickman said his organization may investigate the situation.

"My gut reaction is it is something we ought to review and discuss with [Public League Sports Director] Calvin Davis and the other CPS officials," Hickman said.

However, the grade change wasn't the only news in the Board of Education's Inspector General report.

The report also states that "high school staff lost the original permanent records for three of the above mentioned students athletes."

All three of those students were on the basketball team and two of them have to come from the group of Rose, Flowers and Johnson.

"It is obvious that this is worth taking a look into," Hickman said. "At this point we need to find out more information."

http://yourseason.suntimes.com/boys_basketball/1597136,052809-boys-basketball-simeon-ihsa.article

If his permanent record is missing, that means that someone was covering for Rose for at the very least truancies, but worst case, could have been covering for disciplinary action (school suspensions) to keep him eligible.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haha, right...they "lost" them. I call BS.