RUMOR: Porcello to the Cubs talks heating up again?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, plus we'll prolly see more good moves this year.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Appears to be a team that lost 101 games last year and will likely lose 90-100 more this year.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Lmfao, how about the Rizzo trade? The Castro extension? The Vizcaino trade? The Soler signing? The Paniagua signing? The Sveum hiring? The Baker trade? The Maholm signing? The DeJesus signing? The Baker, Feldman, Villanueva signings? The Jackson signing even if you say you don't like it, despite him being one of the pitchers that you posted that you'd like us to go after?

Ya, SOOOO few.

Nice player list. I'm sure the rest of the ML teams are shaking in their boots.

I know this seems to be too complicated a concept for most to grasp, but it is possible to have BOTH a quality major league team AND a quality farm system.
I just hope they show up soon. So far all I have read is a bunch of kool aid drinkers of the Cult of Theo who blindly believe everything they have been told like a bunch of sheep.

Perhaps I should just sit back and wait for the mass suicide.
THAT should be the goal. Not only a quality farm system.

BOTH can be done simultaneously and anyone who has the ability to think for themselves instead of just blindly accepting the PR can grasp that.

Here's to a season full of virtual BJ's to Theo while the posters are gazing lovingly into the eyes of their blow up dolls on the way to Sams Club for another case of Vaseline.

The facts remain that if you are intent on building the team solely based on drafting and the system it could take decades for it to happen.

The Royals and Pirates have been trying it for about 25 years and failed completely.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Royals and Pirates don't have the money to keep their players after they hit FA, so they need everyone to click at the exact same time and be within 2 or 3 years of each other's debuts to have a decent shot.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice player list. I'm sure the rest of the ML teams are shaking in their boots.

I know this seems to be too complicated a concept for most to grasp, but it is possible to have BOTH a quality major league team AND a quality farm system.
I just hope they show up soon. So far all I have read is a bunch of kool aid drinkers of the Cult of Theo who blindly believe everything they have been told like a bunch of sheep.

Perhaps I should just sit back and wait for the mass suicide.
THAT should be the goal. Not only a quality farm system.

BOTH can be done simultaneously and anyone who has the ability to think for themselves instead of just blindly accepting the PR can grasp that.

Here's to a season full of virtual BJ's to Theo while the posters are gazing lovingly into the eyes of their blow up dolls on the way to Sams Club for another case of Vaseline.

The facts remain that if you are intent on building the team solely based on drafting and the system it could take decades for it to happen.

The Royals and Pirates have been trying it for about 25 years and failed completely.

yeah the theo stroking is getting pretty old. I love the "theoisms" that the fans use all the time. Im surprised that people arent :fap: ing because lillibridge is getting an invite....theosssz must know something! :rolleyes:

the sheep will never go away, ever since theo was hired they have been multiplying.

The cubs have to hit on most of their "awesome spects" and sign FAs...(not the shit ones that he signed this offseason) but real FAs that are good at baseball in order for them to be competitive. I have no idea why people are still arguing about this.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, enough with the stupid ass JedStein name.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
yeah the theo stroking is getting pretty old. I love the "theoisms" that the fans use all the time. Im surprised that people arent :fap: ing because lillibridge is getting an invite....theosssz must know something! :rolleyes:

the sheep will never go away, ever since theo was hired they have been multiplying.

The cubs have to hit on most of their "awesome spects" and sign FAs...(not the shit ones that he signed this offseason) but real FAs that are good at baseball in order for them to be competitive. I have no idea why people are still arguing about this.

It surely appears that if Theo sprinkles the powdered sugar on the turd that some will eat it right away. No questions asked.
It's also nice to see how the Boy Blunders have blown two trades, by putting the horses behind the wagon, and got out played at the poker table for Sanchez.
Some real geniuses at work for sure.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

lol you are the one siding with Mount Oblivious. And I don't see anyone Theo stroking right now, just someone Theo bashing. The the Theoyer crap was way back when CO was here.

And they don't have to hit on "most". If we just get Baez and Soler, for example, to pan out to near their potential, we have a three-quarters full infield, a one-third full outfield. We would still need pitching, but that would be a team with offensive upside (Baez, Soler, Castro, Rizzo, then a few free agents). But then again, Almora has a pretty high chance of making it compared to others, Vizcaino is MLB-ready if he is healthy, and we have the #2 pick, so odds are that multiple will pan out.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Royals and Pirates don't have the money to keep their players after they hit FA, so they need everyone to click at the exact same time and be within 2 or 3 years of each other's debuts to have a decent shot.

You have said build the farm system right, develop the core and only then use their finances to supplement the team with FA's.

The Royals and Pirates are forced to do that because of lack of revenue.

The Pirates are looking for their first winning season since 1992. They havent even sniffed being good enough to supplement their big league team with some key FA's.

And what is one of the biggest reasons this year they might have their first winning season since 1992??

AJ Burnett who they took on $13 million of his salary for the next two years, a significant amount for them and making him the highest paid player on the team at $5 million this year.

The Royals?? They have had one winning season since winning the World Series in 1985.

Had they been able to keep Damon and Beltran would that have put them over the hump? Not likely cause they havent developed enough talent after those two.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It surely appears that if Theo sprinkles the powdered sugar on the turd that some will eat it right away. No questions asked.
It's also nice to see how the Boy Blunders have blown two trades, by putting the horses behind the wagon, and got out played at the poker table for Sanchez.
Some real geniuses at work for sure.

Right, because not getting Sanchez who simply wanted to go to Detroit was definitely their fault. And two? What's the second you are referring too? (or do you mean those that haven't happened due to leaks, in that case, Dempster-Delgado leaked by Atlanta, Marmol-Haren leaked by Marmol and we backed out because of medicals, we pulled out)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You have said build the farm system right, develop the core and only then use their finances to supplement the team with FA's.

The Royals and Pirates are forced to do that because of lack of revenue.

The Pirates are looking for their first winning season since 1992. They havent even sniffed being good enough to supplement their big league team with some key FA's.

And what is one of the biggest reasons this year they might have their first winning season since 1992??

AJ Burnett who they took on $13 million of his salary for the next two years, a significant amount for them and making him the highest paid player on the team at $5 million this year.

The Royals?? They have had one winning season since winning the World Series in 1985.

Had then been able to keep Damon and Beltran would that have put them over the hump? Not likely cause they havent developed enough talent after those two.

No I said to add pieces when they available, but not to take just the first guy that hits FA when a more suitable piece may be their the next year at a better deal. It takes some guesswork.

For example, I was thrilled about Sanchez until it turned out that the report was false (and it was later reported that the Cubs never thought they had a deal with him anyway).

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
If we just get Baez and Soler, for example, to pan out to near their potential, we have a three-quarters full infield, a one-third full outfield. We would still need pitching,

So if your if's don't pan out.
We will be having to rebuild the rebuild, because it would have been stupid to sign any big time f/a until we found out.
So these intentional tanking of seasons would be for nothing except lining the owner's pockets.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Right, because not getting Sanchez who simply wanted to go to Detroit was definitely their fault. And two? What's the second you are referring too? (or do you mean those that haven't happened due to leaks, in that case, Dempster-Delgado leaked by Atlanta, Marmol-Haren leaked by Marmol and we backed out because of medicals, we pulled out)

Yes J.

I'm not a GM. But I would have had enough sense to ask for the medicals FIRST and reading them, before contacting Marmol.
They clearly went behind Dempster's back and leaked the deal before Dempster was asked if he would accept it.

I would have liked to have Haren. Delgado I could have lived without.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yes J.

I'm not a GM. But I would have had enough sense to ask for the medicals FIRST and reading them, before contacting Marmol.
They clearly went behind Dempster's back and leaked the deal before Dempster was asked if he would accept it.

I would have liked to have Haren. Delgado I could have lived without.

Braves leaked it not Cubs, so irrelevant.

And at this point, high potential Delgado worth well more than oft-injured and declining Haren.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

And at this point, high potential Delgado worth well more than oft-injured and declining Haren.

Both of your statements are false.

But you still keep your Vizcaino blow up doll inflated.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

Last scouting reports had Haren losing all velo and effectiveness, and his shoulder is almost gone.

Biggest red flag is a fucked shoulder.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Last scouting reports had Haren losing all velo and effectiveness, and his shoulder is almost gone.

Biggest red flag is a fucked shoulder.

Let's forget that doctors have cleared him to play before Washington signed him and his full velocity should be back.
I guess the Nationals are just stupid because JedStein plans to build their team like they did.
Or is JedStein going to use the Rays as a model....
Lose 90 plus games for ten years to have a small window at the playoffs and start over again.
What ever fits your agenda.

Funny how Haren pitched towards the end of last season, injured, and maintained an ERA in the mid fours.
But Jackson's numbers healthy is similar to Haren hurt.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx?playerid=1757&position=P&pitch=FA

Yeah there it is.

He's consistently sitting under 90 with his fastball and it's forcing him to change his sequencing. It reminds me a lot of what Beckett went through when he lost his FB velo.

Haren did have a good showing in the last two months but the stuff is deteriorating and he's going to be 32.

Haren would've been an interesting flip candidate but he wasn't going to be on the next Cubs contender.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Braves beatwriter broke the Dempster for Delgado trade. No news came from the Cubs side... So, yes it was leaked by the Braves. If you say otherwise, you're completely wong. If you think you're right, just leave.