Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone run for exercise, or just b/c you enjoy it?

I've got my first 5k tomorrow, kinda excited about it. Will probably have to walk part of it, but meh, that's ok.

Who runs?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I used to run a LOT.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I ran a 5K when I was in junior high. I did track and cross country back then. Not so much anymore.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What should i eat before the race? Just an energy bar an hour or so prior to?

:shrug: I ran one marathon hung-over, and I smoked a pack a day. I still came in around 3:35. I never really bought into the whole "day before diet". Some people swear by certain meals, carbing up, certain supplements. I swear by the notion that mind>matter and just stay away from foods that make you shit or load you with grease.

The 6 week prior to your run is more important than the 1 hour before the race. At that point WGAF, just do it and have fun.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ran XC in middle school, be sure to stay hydrated and don't eat anything big within the hour or so and just have fun wthi it :)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've been running a lot lately. Signed up to do the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in July, and over Memorial Day Weekend I'm doing the Soldier Field Shuffle, a 10 mile race where you end on the 50 yard line.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:shrug: I ran one marathon hung-over, and I smoked a pack a day. I still came in around 3:35. I never really bought into the whole "day before diet". Some people swear by certain meals, carbing up, certain supplements. I swear by the notion that mind>matter and just stay away from foods that make you shit or load you with grease.

The 6 week prior to your run is more important than the 1 hour before the race. At that point WGAF, just do it and have fun.

Yeah, good call.

Ran XC in middle school, be sure to stay hydrated and don't eat anything big within the hour or so and just have fun wthi it :)
Probably going w/ an energy bar and bought a gatorade tonight.
I've been running a lot lately. Signed up to do the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in July, and over Memorial Day Weekend I'm doing the Soldier Field Shuffle, a 10 mile race where you end on the 50 yard line.

a half-marathon is my end-of-summer goal. I've got a few cousins that run ALL THE TIME -- and they've told me they can bring me along for a halfer if I want, just about any time.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I used to run cross country for basketball season back in HS. An energy bar & 1/2 a Gatorade before every "meet" did the trick for me. Good luck.

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I used to run cross country for basketball season back in HS. An energy bar & 1/2 a Gatorade before every "meet" did the trick for me. Good luck.

That's my plan for tomorrow. I'll report back how it goes. I ran 3.3 miles on Tuesday and have had the worst friggin' cramp in my foot ever since. It's just now starting to loosen up. I can run on it, but can't sprint.

Like i said, hoping for 33 min tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes :)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I run everytime I workout. I try to do 2-3 miles each workout. I worked out 5 days a week, then got lazy at college. Starting it up again

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I run everytime I workout. I try to do 2-3 miles each workout. I worked out 5 days a week, then got lazy at college. Starting it up again

cool deal. I bought a boflex recently, so on rainy days, that's my workout...but when it's nice out i try to run. I'm convinced cardio is the way to go to lose weight/get fit...partly b/c it's the exercise that sucks the most. But, i semi-enjoy running...and if i'm happy w/ my time in the 5k tomorrow (like i said, shooting for 33 minutes), I think i'll be motivated to keep it up.

So far, I'm pretty sure that even the slightest incline is the biggest bitch in the world.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
a half-marathon is my end-of-summer goal. I've got a few cousins that run ALL THE TIME -- and they've told me they can bring me along for a halfer if I want, just about any time.
I've done two before. Did not really take the training seriously. This time around, at least for now, I am. If you search online, there are tons of different training programs that you can use.

Good luck today!

Reactions: X

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Firsttimer runs a lot.

Cardio isn't really that effective at losing weight unless you do massive amounts of it.

I always tell FT that running is for girls and gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.