Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
I paid $110 for the Saucony. I haven't tried the Nike Free Run - do they come in Wide?

damn 110?

dem bitches better massage you, heath/cool your feet, do pedicure while you running, make elcrity while you run

yep, they do come in W.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pretty illogical and Special person to spend money on shoes when there's google or an app.

Reactions: X

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I used to be able to run a 5k in around 16:00 - 16:30. Used to. Never cracked 16 mins, but whatevs. I have no desire to ever be able to do that again.

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First 5k of the year, finished in 33:10. Happy to be under 11-min miles...will crack 30 min this year. NEED to train more.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First 5k of the year, finished in 33:10. Happy to be under 11-min miles...will crack 30 min this year. NEED to train more.

How often do you run? And when you do, what are your workouts like?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How often do you run? And when you do, what are your workouts like?

right now - it's rare. I ran a bit at the beginning of the week, just a short run...prior to that, none worth noting. between work and graduate school and family, etc., I've just not had a lot of time.

When I do run, my workouts are usually light arm/leg work...but that being said, Rosetta and several others on here could likely give you a really good, well thought out workout routine...I'm by no means the most qualified.

If I can get back to how I was last year, which I expect to, I'll be running 3 or 4 times a week. Here's to hoping!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
right now - it's rare. I ran a bit at the beginning of the week, just a short run...prior to that, none worth noting. between work and graduate school and family, etc., I've just not had a lot of time.

When I do run, my workouts are usually light arm/leg work...but that being said, Rosetta and several others on here could likely give you a really good, well thought out workout routine...I'm by no means the most qualified.

If I can get back to how I was last year, which I expect to, I'll be running 3 or 4 times a week. Here's to hoping!

Oh, no. I wasn't asking for advice haha. I was thinking maybe I could suggest something for you to improve your time depending on how you trained.

If you are running the same pace while practicing, it will help with endurance, but it'll also have little effect on your speed. If you haven't already, you should try to add speed intervals to your workout. Like running your normal, comfortable pace for x amount of minutes, then increase your speed to a faster pace for about a minute then go back to your normal speed. It's called "Fartlek" http://www.coolrunning.com.au/expert/1997c002.shtml

When I ran XC in high school, we did speed stuff a couple of times a week to improve our times. Running for 10 miles at w/e pace we wanted was useful when it came to running a 3 mile race... but if we were to just do that, our times wouldn't have improved as much.

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh, no. I wasn't asking for advice haha. I was thinking maybe I could suggest something for you to improve your time depending on how you trained.

If you are running the same pace while practicing, it will help with endurance, but it'll also have little effect on your speed. If you haven't already, you should try to add speed intervals to your workout. Like running your normal, comfortable pace for x amount of minutes, then increase your speed to a faster pace for about a minute then go back to your normal speed. It's called "Fartlek" http://www.coolrunning.com.au/expert/1997c002.shtml

When I ran XC in high school, we did speed stuff a couple of times a week to improve our times. Running for 10 miles at w/e pace we wanted was useful when it came to running a 3 mile race... but if we were to just do that, our times wouldn't have improved as much.

Very cool. I'll check it out man. Thanks!

Reactions: BNB

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Running a half marathon in October with the wife and then a solo full 8 days later. Don't know how much time I will have to dedicate towards training, but my goal is sub 4. We will see, it's been a long time since I have run 10+ miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.