Schefter just said robbie refusing to sign with 9ers.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
not sure what that meant other than t let the rest of us posters know we're inferior.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GMs have egos too. Does anyone think Pace will go out of his way to bring him back? It's like admitting the release was a mistake.
I think he'd swallow that pill but it would be contract dependant. Even Robbie credited his release with giving him the motivation to get his shit back together. He missed a lot the year before and then in the preseason before his release. He could have signed elsewhere almost right away but waited until week 5 to allow enough time to figure out what was wrong and fix it. That wasn't going to happen without the time and he decided he wasn't coming back until he tweaked his form and felt fixed. It's not unlikely that Gould would have had another disappointing season with the Bear that year if retained. Can't find an article with the particulars because every search is dominated by the holdout with the same entities in the search. Did find these.

"I think a lot of this goes back to when I was cut in Chicago. When I was young, in my career, I always wanted to be the best kicker to ever play the game. I think I would always be looking at stats and crunch numbers - like, 'hey, how can I get on top of this guy in field goal percentage, what does it look like from this perspective' ... So then I got cut in Chicago and spent about six weeks on the street. And what I really learned during that time is that nothing matters except than one kick at a time. They're all mini games. For me, I really took that into New York where I went 12-for-12 and then brought it here for the last two years."

“It motivated me. It drives me every day,” he said. “I have Ryan Pace and Jeff Rodgers and John Fox to thank for that. Because if I would’ve stayed here, who knows what my career would have ended like?"

If this wasn't the case, his pride and Robbie's never lacked it, would not allow him back to the Bear.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good GMs don't get to be good by never admitting mistakes. You can substitute any job with that disclaimer.

I think if the Bears realistically and reasonably could get Gould back they would.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
JUNE FOURTEENTH AND STILL DONT SEE GOULD ON THE BEARS ROSTER PAGE ON NFL.COM

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good GMs don't get to be good by never admitting mistakes. You can substitute any job with that disclaimer.

I think if the Bears realistically and reasonably could get Gould back they would.
Get out of my head!!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
JUNE FOURTEENTH AND STILL DONT SEE GOULD ON THE BEARS ROSTER PAGE ON NFL.COM

@msadows ^^^ care to explain????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????????

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When is Pace bringing Robbie in for contract talks????

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like Gould isn't signed anywhere yet either.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If SF let’s Gould walk then they will be in the same situation the Bears are in now. He will sign the franchise. It’s too much to pass up to kick a ball.