CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There really are only two real choices, either they deal Montero in the offseason and take their chances with Schwarber and Ross or they keep Montero in a three catcher situation the kid plays some LF. I don't think Bryant moves off of 3B for a few years unless and injury force their hand.
You ship out Montero and let Ross work with Schwarber.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You ship out Montero and let Ross work with Schwarber.

Not sure. I think in a year that may be more feasible. I'm thinking Montero has helped some of the starters more than what is let on. Hammel's has taken his game to a whole another level with Montero. Hendricks had a string going. Arrieta got away from sitting on his cutter so much and is using his whole arsenal. Even Lester who was struggling put out a strong game with Montero and seemed to turn things around.

It would be unrealistic to believe that Schwarber could come in and just take over with out some reverberation from the quality of the staff.

What has gotten the Cubs to this point has been the staff. that has pretty much been in spite of the low run support.

So for now I love seeing Schwarber getting some needed reps behind the plate but as the season gets shorter and Montero is ready the choice is an easy one to make. Montero is the #1 catcher.

Schwarber is going to have to get some games in here and there in LF pretty soon in prep of this fact.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Not sure. I think in a year that may be more feasible. I'm thinking Montero has helped some of the starters more than what is let on. Hammel's has taken his game to a whole another level with Montero. Hendricks had a string going. Arrieta got away from sitting on his cutter so much and is using his whole arsenal. Even Lester who was struggling put out a strong game with Montero and seemed to turn things around.

It would be unrealistic to believe that Schwarber could come in and just take over with out some reverberation from the quality of the staff.

What has gotten the Cubs to this point has been the staff. that has pretty much been in spite of the low run support.

So for now I love seeing Schwarber getting some needed reps behind the plate but as the season gets shorter and Montero is ready the choice is an easy one to make. Montero is the #1 catcher.

Schwarber is going to have to get some games in here and there in LF pretty soon in prep of this fact.

This was more in reference to next year but I agree with you on this year. No question.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks