Season expectations

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I appreciate the fact that everyone has hit on health as being the primary component on whether the Bulls succeed or not this year.

However- the best case scenario regarding the Bulls' health will still result in a lot of DNPs IMO. Jo's knee problems are no secret heading into the year and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jo play over/under 65 this year. I also see the same with Pau at around the over/under of 65 GP this year.

It all falls on Thibs willingness to risk a few close regular season games the Bulls should win in regards to limiting guys minutes. There is no reason Jo should play over 30mpg this year with all of the front line help with Taj, Pau and Niko. Hell the way the NBA is going you'll only need to play one big while playing guys like Dun, McD and Butler at the 4 for spurts as we go small.

I'd even like to see Rose closer to 30mpg this year for obvious reasons....and Butler closer to 35mpg. The Bulls just seem dead by the time the playoffs roll around and its because they are. While I wouldn't trade Thibs for ANY coach- he has to adjust at this point in his career and use all of the depth he has.

Expectation if we're reasonably healthy: 54 wins, Eastern Conference Finals

Anything more than above would be exceeding expectations as this team is still very new to one another and it will very well need a year or two to gel. If this team sticks together and Thibs is willing to use its depth to the max- this team could age very very well together and have a solid 3 year run. Only time and minutes played will tell.

He really doesnt have an excuse this year not to use every player. Its so deep there shouldn't be a trust issue. We will see though. Old habits die hard.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Health is a question for every team in the NBA. And for every potential contender.

Derrick Rose was an iron man before about New Years of 2012, and then played some of 2012 with nagging injuries.

Kyrie Irving is not tough at all, and can't play through pain. He sits out when he has any form of injury.

Joakim Noah plays through all sorts of injuries. This is while Anderson Varejao, on the other hands, has barely played at all in the past 3-4 years (and if he goes down, who do the Cavs have to replace him... Thompson and Haywood).

I like the Bulls' chances against the Cavs. And that is with injuries factored into the equation. I don't think this is purely bias either.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team as it is will not beat the Cavs. They need a shooting guard. They will be a very tough team but I do not think that it can generate a lot of points. Very few good shooters among the starters and I do not count Dunleavy as a starter, just a guy in the line-up at the beginning of the game.