Second half zombies?

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Checkout the scores per halftime and notice a very bad pattern in the second half.

Bears-Texans 14-10 W 0-13L
Eagles-Bears 9-7L 20-7 L
Bears-Cowboys 24-3L 14-7W
Lions-Bears 3-7 W 11-10L
Bears-Colts 13-16L 10-13L
Jaguars-Bears 0-10W 17-6L
Bears-Packers 3-6L 7-20L
Vikings-Bears 3-13W 7-7T
Bears-Bucs 10-17L 0-19L
Bears-Giants 16-9W 0-13L

With the exception of the Cowboys game (which was garbage time by then) and Vikings game (tie) the Bears have lost all 2nd halves by a sum of 88 points.

With the exception of the Cowboys game ( the Bears scored 14) the Bears never managed to score more than 10 points (twice)!!

Even if Fox/Loggains called a better game just from watching the games I had a good feeling that the Bears could win when leading at halftime (5 games).That would put them at a 5-5 record. Unfortunately bad coaching in most games in the second half and the Jay Cutler derailing @Tampa has led the Bears to a 1-9 second half record.

We could've easily been 5-5 at best alas a mediocre team.Bad coaching and bad game by our QB @Tampa has made this a 2-8 record.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'd have to go back and re-watch the games, but looking at the eye test, outside of perhaps the Jags, every one of those teams has a better and more talented roster than the Bears.

Yes, the halftime adjustments are shit, but I think it's more of the coaches of the other teams telling their OWN teams to wake the fuck up. I could see McAdoo in their locker room saying 'are you shitting me? This is the fucking Bears - get your heads out of your asses and beat these fuckers'. And they did.

Better teams win games in the second half. We are seeing that week in and week out.

The Bears are one of the shittiest (and most injuried) teams in the NFL. I expect them to lose games in the second half. That's what shitty teams do.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Wait, bad teams lose because they can't win second halves?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you look at what separates good teams from bad teams it becomes painfully obvious in the 2nd half of a game. Watch the scores every week and you will often see the Browns, Niners, Jags, etc are actually in the game and sometimes have a lead going into halftime. Then they lay a huge egg in the 2nd half and the game ends up being a blow out.

Bears are just a bad team.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good teams adjust their game plan at halftime and they are able to execute the plan. The Bears don't adjust their game plan until it's to late and then we have to rely on Cutler to throw the ball, which as we have come to find out, is a terrible plan.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
We have seen the offense and defense look exciting in the first half of the game. When it comes to the second half, the offense is abysmal. I'd love to see the avg yards, first downs, and points score in the second half. Wouldn't be surprised to see 100/2/4. That's coaching. If we were totally out talented, we'd be blown out like the cowboys game every week.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
We have seen the offense and defense look exciting in the first half of the game. When it comes to the second half, the offense is abysmal. I'd love to see the avg yards, first downs, and points score in the second half. Wouldn't be surprised to see 100/2/4. That's coaching. If we were totally out talented, we'd be blown out like the cowboys game every week.

The defense is just as shifty. How. many opening 2nd half drives have this defense been responsible for? Enough, that's for sure. Just bad players and even worse coaches.
This team is not in a rebuild. It's in a mess. And no clear end in sight. Fucking clown organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk