• The visiting team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derrick Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It was a good season. Expectations were exceeded and we stole a game in Miami. There were also 2 games that we had the chance to win. Not bad considering we didn't have derrick and had a shit load of injuries. It was an enjoyable season, great to be a Bulls fan :bullbang:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What if we would've been at full strength like Miami? There's no doubt in my mind this series would've played out differently. I'm not saying Miami would've lost the series, but we all know that this would've been a six or seven game series.
Well, we beat Boston in four games, beat the Pacers in 7, and then play a grueling series against Miami in the ECF.

Like you though, I can't be mad. Triple overtime classic in round 1 - beat an upstart Brooklyn team in 7. Play a great game 1 in Miami to take a win - all with our B team. Nothing to be upset about.

Liked Posts:
This off-season should be interesting and i won't even include the drama about that guy from simeon

:bullbang:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Adding offense has been a need for a long time though.

Some positives we can take away

1) Jimmy's progression. What more need be said? He's stepped it up big time and shown he can produce. He'll be a major part of our rotation next year...perhaps our guard version of Taj.

2) If we can keep Nate at a cheap price, he'd be a heck of an option off the bench for spurts. Running him along with Kirk could possibly work. Same goes for Marco...if the price is right, they're not bad guys to have off the bench.

3) We won 45 games and made it to the 2nd round without our best player, doing half of it without arguably our 2nd best player and without our backup PG. Fully healthy, we can be a top level team in the league.

Hopefully we can either draft or sign a scorer and maybe a shooter or a backup center, and we're not in a terrible spot for next year. Lots of work to be done still, but considering what we have, there's things we can look forward to.

Butler really has improved/stepped up this season. He's either going to make Deng expendable, a good trade chip, or a great role player for us.

The only way we can really improve is if we make a trade that makes us better or if we strike gold in the draft. We can't really do anything in free agency and the guys we can afford aren't going to be huge difference makers. If we keep relatively the same team intact and stay healthy, we can push the Heat to 6 or 7, but I don't think we'll have enough to beat them next season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Butler really has improved/stepped up this season. He's either going to make Deng expendable, a good trade chip, or a great role player for us.

The only way we can really improve is if we make a trade that makes us better or if we strike gold in the draft. We can't really do anything in free agency and the guys we can afford aren't going to be huge difference makers. If we keep relatively the same team intact and stay healthy, we can push the Heat to 6 or 7, but I don't think we'll have enough to beat them next season.
Pretty much. GarPax has done pretty darn good with draft picks though, so I'll have confidence in whoever they pick to at least be a contributor at some point. I doubt our ability to significantly improve though. Idk if Deng is going to command a big enough return in a trade (assuming Butler makes him expendable) to make us good enough to get past Miami.

I'm thinking very conservative and guessing we just get more solid role players. It won't push us over the edge to definitely get past Miami, but we'll at least be able to challenge them. At least that's the hope. It'll just be difficult in general to have a team that can definitely beat the Heat in a 7 game series, especially with no second star.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sign JJ Redick and Shane Battier, Draft Mason Plumlee and Seth Curry. With Deng and Boozer, that makes 6 Dukies on the roster. #Championship