September roster?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Who do we give up for that though? I don't think Theo is interested in depleting our farm further.
I’d say maybe Bote (he seems to have run his course) the walkoffs were nice last year but his shine has worn off and I Just don’t see Bote as anything special now. Also throw in Happ and maybe another top 5
Prospect but not Nico or Alzolay

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I’d say maybe Bote (he seems to have run his course) the walkoffs were nice last year but his shine has worn off and I Just don’t see Bote as anything special now. Also throw in Happ and maybe another top 5

Aim lower. Scooter Garnett for Happ strait. Scooter plays both CF and 2B. Having 1 year of control and coming off injury it is a fair offer to the Reds. Add to it Happ played college ball in Ohio so the allure is there for a home town guy.

If they extend or not is really not the issue. What he helps is this run at it.

At that point I would cut Cargo. It was a low risk gamble that really feels like wasted AB's to date.

But I would start Scooter in CF and Run Russell at 2B starting. Bote I would keep as a primary PH.

Line up.

Garnett
Bryant
Rizzo
Baez
Heyward
Contreras
Schwarber
Russell
Pitcher.

I really got sick of watching Fried walk Russell to strike out Alzolay. Having the pitcher hit 8th is just a drag.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Aim lower. Scooter Garnett for Happ strait. Scooter plays both CF and 2B. Having 1 year of control and coming off injury it is a fair offer to the Reds. Add to it Happ played college ball in Ohio so the allure is there for a home town guy.

At that point I would cut Cargo. It was a low risk gamble that really feels like wasted AB's to date.

But I would start Scooter in CF and Run Russell at 2B starting. Bote I would keep as a primary PH.

Line up.

Garnett
Bryant
Rizzo
Baez
Heyward
Contreras
Schwarber
Russell
Pitcher.

I really got sick of watching Fried walk Russell to strike out Alzolay. Having the pitcher hit 8th is just a drag.
I would like scooter but I don’t see the Reds trading within the division... especially to the cubs

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bote hasnt been demoted though. Happ has. There arent many players that got demoted that turned their careers around. Id sell off Happ only or if they are high on Happ consider Almora. Both guys are 1st rounders and if things are gonna turn around,Happ has more upside with his bat. Almora puts up pretty pedestrian batting numbers. Sure his fielding is good but how many times is a great play the only factor in a win?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would like scooter but I don’t see the Reds trading within the division... especially to the cubs

It has happened in the past. Reds are still building a team. They are dealing with injury. Happ gives them something to work with. Scooter is kinda pointless for them. They are outside looking in with a guy who won't be there when it matters.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bote hasnt been demoted though. Happ has. There arent many players that got demoted that turned their careers around. Id sell off Happ only or if they are high on Happ consider Almora. Both guys are 1st rounders and if things are gonna turn around,Happ has more upside with his bat. Almora puts up pretty pedestrian batting numbers. Sure his fielding is good but how many times is a great play the only factor in a win?

Happ has a upper cut swing that was getting exposed by the high fastball. So they decided to level his swing which has dropped his SO% but it also increased his GB%.

I honestly believe that they are fucking him up more.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
but Heyward can hit his weight, be a rally killer, but his "gold glove" defense keeps him in games.
If they fucked up Happ, then they fucked up Almora, since he no longer hits lefties better than righties. They tell him what to work on, he does, and he still ends up not getting playing time.
Eventually, its why give a fuck. I run thru walls and its not enough because 7 other guys that wont run thru walls can hit .240 and play every day.

greg23

Liked Posts:
These proposals are comical

1) scooter gennett is currently injured and is NOT a cf.....stop making lineups with him on the Cubs playing there (he's a below avg 2b and possibly a 3b-lf butcher in a pinch)

2) why are the royals tempted to give away merrifield for the collection of garbage/non impact guys like chatwood, bote, Montgomery, Russell, etc....

3) the Cubs arent dealing nico this year

4) I wouldnt be penciling alzoloy into the rotation just yet....can see him back in Iowa as soon as kimbrell-Hendricks are back then back up in Sept when rosters expand and used as a spot starter in Sept and-or bullpen piece

CSF77

Liked Posts:
These proposals are comical

1) scooter gennett is currently injured and is NOT a cf.....stop making lineups with him on the Cubs playing there (he's a below avg 2b and possibly a 3b-lf butcher in a pinch)

2) why are the royals tempted to give away merrifield for the collection of garbage/non impact guys like chatwood, bote, Montgomery, Russell, etc....

3) the Cubs arent dealing nico this year

4) I wouldnt be penciling alzoloy into the rotation just yet....can see him back in Iowa as soon as kimbrell-Hendricks are back then back up in Sept when rosters expand and used as a spot starter in Sept and-or bullpen piece

Cincinnati Reds links - Scooter Gennett set to return friday against Chicago Cubs

so wrong on that first point.

2nd part is right. He has played LF and RF but no CF. I thought he was swapping but he pushed Billy off 2B and into CF.

The Merrifield deal would cost plenty. The Royals are not going to trade for non prospects.

Nico goes no where agreed. Unless it is involving Lindor. Then that is up for debate.

on this topic I have heard that they are going to test him in the OF. Now with Almora lacking power and lead off tools this just makes 100% sense. See if anything becomes of it. He is athletic enough to make the change.

4. I disagree with you on this point. I see it as Kimbrel has 2 guys that he can boot off. Brach and Barnett.

Alzolay has been limited to 60 pitches. But I would stay status Que and when Hendricks returns then piggy back at first. Give Kyle a chance to build up his arm. And hitters would get wrecked in the transition. 89-> 94 ball darting around from both. Scarry.

im not concerned because they are looking at him in the rotation next year. This is his internship.

choyne35

Liked Posts:

Line up.

Garnett
Bryant
Rizzo
Baez
Heyward
Contreras
Schwarber
Russell
Pitcher.

In no lineup do I want to see heyward hitting 5th. Put Schwarber there and have Hayward 7th or 8th

greg23

Liked Posts:
Cincinnati Reds links - Scooter Gennett set to return friday against Chicago Cubs

so wrong on that first point.

2nd part is right. He has played LF and RF but no CF. I thought he was swapping but he pushed Billy off 2B and into CF.

The Merrifield deal would cost plenty. The Royals are not going to trade for non prospects.

Nico goes no where agreed. Unless it is involving Lindor. Then that is up for debate.

on this topic I have heard that they are going to test him in the OF. Now with Almora lacking power and lead off tools this just makes 100% sense. See if anything becomes of it. He is athletic enough to make the change.

4. I disagree with you on this point. I see it as Kimbrel has 2 guys that he can boot off. Brach and Barnett.

Alzolay has been limited to 60 pitches. But I would stay status Que and when Hendricks returns then piggy back at first. Give Kyle a chance to build up his arm. And hitters would get wrecked in the transition. 89-> 94 ball darting around from both. Scarry.

im not concerned because they are looking at him in the rotation next year. This is his internship.

Today is Wednesday and he is on the IL; thus Scooter Gennett is CURRENTLY INJURED......not sure how I'm totally wrong on this point but nice try.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Today is Wednesday and he is on the IL; thus Scooter Gennett is CURRENTLY INJURED......not sure how I'm totally wrong on this point but nice try.
He is actually playing currently in triple A, rehab assignment and will be back up with the reds on Friday but besides that the reds think they have a chance at the postseason so they are actually going to be buying and that’s why I don’t see them trading Scooter

CSF77

Liked Posts:

You were acting like he was IL going into the dead line. Nice cover up. Just admit that you are wrong.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is actually playing currently in triple A, rehab assignment and will be back up with the reds on Friday but besides that the reds think they have a chance at the postseason so they are actually going to be buying and that’s why I don’t see them trading Scooter

He has 23 PA so far at A+ and AAA. Nothing exciting on the rehab.

He is getting activated for the Cubs series. Theo has been known to look at guys in a series. I would guess that him for Happ would be a fair offer. Cargo gets cut. At that point it would be interesting to Go with Bryant full time in RF and Bote at 3B.

I would rather they cut Descansio though...

But Scooter over 2772 PA .289/.331/.456

greg23

Liked Posts:
You were acting like he was IL going into the dead line. Nice cover up. Just admit that you are wrong.

Well then Hendricks morrow and Edwards arent really injured either....they're playing catch and can return anytime.

A guy on the IL is considered injured....he didnt come off the IL and then was sent to the minors....he remains injured until he's activated.

End of story

And yes I know hes due back anytime.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He has 23 PA so far at A+ and AAA. Nothing exciting on the rehab.

He is getting activated for the Cubs series. Theo has been known to look at guys in a series. I would guess that him for Happ would be a fair offer. Cargo gets cut. At that point it would be interesting to Go with Bryant full time in RF and Bote at 3B.

I would rather they cut Descansio though...

But Scooter over 2772 PA .289/.331/.456

The reds could easily get a prospect that actually has value for Gennett. Gennett is a very good player. Happ isn’t getting anything

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They pushed Robel Garcia out to RF yesterday at Iowa.

Some info on him.

26 YO from DR. SH throws R.
This year over all .298/.379/.626 21 HR.

Now he has from the most part been between 2B and 3B. But seeing how they moved him to RF was significant.

My thoughts on it are Theo and Joe are not satisfied with Cargo. His production has degraded. last 7 .067/.222/.067. Over all .203/.293/.287

But they are hesitant. Zag (Iowa .342/.398/.513) and Adduci (.296/.341/.487) both stunk at the Majors so Iowa production is not always a true translation.

I see this as they are happy with Russell at 2B. Bote they can work in. But they have to replace Cargo. So they are doing a experiment with Garcia to see if he can handle RF. If so they can move Heyward to starting CF and move Almora to D upgrade late inning.

Nothing is set in stone here. But, I see this as the biggest clear need going into the trade deadline. They are trying to shut this issue internally. They have not been able to replace Zo's impact and will end up going external if needed.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
They pushed Robel Garcia out to RF yesterday at Iowa.

Some info on him.

26 YO from DR. SH throws R.
This year over all .298/.379/.626 21 HR.

Now he has from the most part been between 2B and 3B. But seeing how they moved him to RF was significant.

My thoughts on it are Theo and Joe are not satisfied with Cargo. His production has degraded. last 7 .067/.222/.067. Over all .203/.293/.287

But they are hesitant. Zag (Iowa .342/.398/.513) and Adduci (.296/.341/.487) both stunk at the Majors so Iowa production is not always a true translation.

I see this as they are happy with Russell at 2B. Bote they can work in. But they have to replace Cargo. So they are doing a experiment with Garcia to see if he can handle RF. If so they can move Heyward to starting CF and move Almora to D upgrade late inning.

Nothing is set in stone here. But, I see this as the biggest clear need going into the trade deadline. They are trying to shut this issue internally. They have not been able to replace Zo's impact and will end up going external if needed.
If it has to external then who do you think that could be? Whitfield? Hunter Pence? That’s if the Rangers start struggling of course