September roster?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think the roster will look like come September? Best guesses on who might the cubs trade for/call up to help out and any chance a September call up makes a
Post season roster? (If they make the postseason)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
What do you guys think the roster will look like come September? Best guesses on who might the cubs trade for/call up to help out and any chance a September call up makes a
Post season roster? (If they make the postseason)
It wont matter because the cubs are going to lose every game. Aint that right Eiore?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
It wont matter because the cubs are going to lose every game. Aint that right Eiore?
Good
Lord idiots, grow up!! I’m asking a legit question and you guys still
Have something smart to say. In no way, shape, or form in that post was I negative

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Good
Lord idiots, grow up!! I’m asking a legit question and you guys still
Have something smart to say. In no way, shape, or form in that post was I negative
If I cant judge you on your past posts, what do I have left?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
10-1 and the Mets scored in every inning for the first 6. Degrom tomorrow which means we will lose the series to the sub .500 Mets at home even with hamels pitching. Hamels will keep it close but if he doesn’t throw a complete game shutout then no chance. Braves will sweep the cubs for the second time this year and with the cardinals and reds being red hot we have a decent chance of being in 4th by the all star break

tenor.gif

choyne35

Liked Posts:
10-1 and the Mets scored in every inning for the first 6. Degrom tomorrow which means we will lose the series to the sub .500 Mets at home even with hamels pitching. Hamels will keep it close but if he doesn’t throw a complete game shutout then no chance. Braves will sweep the cubs for the second time this year and with the cardinals and reds being red hot we have a decent chance of being in 4th by the all star break

View attachment 2017
Yep that was after Saturday’s game and just how many others were dissing that piss poor performance? You guys focus on just me and there are several others that bitch and complain about the cubs when they play like shit and blame Theo or Maddon

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hopefully not Descalso. they can DFA him any day now.

Also, go get Dee Gordon.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Hopefully not Descalso. they can DFA him any day now.

Also, go get Dee Gordon.
I was thinking about Gordon last week but does he have anything left? Would love to have his speed but I wonder if he can still hit like he did with the Marlins or atleast get on base

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I was thinking about Gordon last week but does he have anything left? Would love to have his speed but I wonder if he can still hit like he did with the Marlins or atleast get on base

Maybe a change of scenery again would help him. Gives ya another solid infielder plus a leadoff guy.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Maybe a change of scenery again would help him. Gives ya another solid infielder plus a leadoff guy.
True and he would be better than what we have currently at 2nd base plus he wouldn’t cost much

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Only worth it if the contract swap matches. Chatwood comes to mind as always. But ATM they have the next series with Lester, Alzolay, Darvish and Chatwood.

So Q is being pushed back. Not 100% on it because the following series is not listed yet.

In reality Gordon is past his prime. OBA .295. so he is getting on base 3/10 PA. not really ideal lead off stuff. 13 SB. Sign of age and decay.

Honestly you could get that out of Almora every day with the green lite to run at will.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Only worth it if the contract swap matches. Chatwood comes to mind as always. But ATM they have the next series with Lester, Alzolay, Darvish and Chatwood.

So Q is being pushed back. Not 100% on it because the following series is not listed yet.

In reality Gordon is past his prime. OBA .295. so he is getting on base 3/10 PA. not really ideal lead off stuff. 13 SB. Sign of age and decay.

Honestly you could get that out of Almora every day with the green lite to run at will.
Yeah but Almora can’t steal bases, hell he can’t even score from 3rd on a slow chopper to the pitcher in which he had a flat footed start

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah but Almora can’t steal bases, hell he can’t even score from 3rd on a slow chopper to the pitcher in which he had a flat footed start

I never said 100%

Full time he could push a .330 OBA. Easily. With a run at will at 50% success I'm pretty sure that he would have 13 by now.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep that was after Saturday’s game and just how many others were dissing that piss poor performance? You guys focus on just me and there are several others that bitch and complain about the cubs when they play like shit and blame Theo or Maddon
:jonesy:

Correct, just little ole you is in a class all by yourself.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
So the answer to the original question is whoever is on the 40 man roster. Now, the interesting thing I have to wonder if the Cubs look to upgrade the following three places

- 3rd catcher
- Speed guy
- LOOGY

They have plenty of guys to let go of the 40 man with no real impact (Brach, Davis, etc). So interesting to see how Theo plays it.