Seriously, what is Robbie Gould’s plan.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It was pretty funny when Mully was talking about the kickers in camp. He brought up the fact that the kickers come to camp in a clown car, and the point of a clown car is to get as many coming out of the car as possible. 7 should be enough, the job is probably going to the AAF guy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What are the options for both him and the Niners now? Would he be willing to sit out a season? Would he be a free agent after that? I’m just perplexed that he did this.
idk ask @msadows, he is the resident CCS Robbie Gould expert....

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I think his plan was to try to force his way to Chicago whether it be by trade or a release from San Fran but unfortunately for him that's not gonna work for him and he will not be a Chicago Bear and will be kicking for the 49ers again next year.
The best way to leave is to miss kicks.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think his plan was to try to force his way to Chicago whether it be by trade or a release from San Fran but unfortunately for him that's not gonna work for him and he will not be a Chicago Bear and will be kicking for the 49ers again next year.

the bears kicking competition is not getting resolved anytime soon, if i had to guess it'll go into the first week or two of the preseason meaning gould has till then for the 49ers to either trade him or release him...its not like veteran kickers need all that much work during camp and such.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Robbie's plan is to force his way out of SF and get more money.

The problem is that he's a kicker. If he was skill position that demands cap space, then maybe this can happen this might happen (like Antonio Brown or even Jay Cutler), but he's just a kicker.

I went back to 2003 and asked Peyton Manning about Robbie's position and here's what he said:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
how is Gould a "douche"?

Bears fans are currently on the good side of his 'Douche' move, meaning he's probably trying to you, so you are willing to overlook how the SF fans must feel.

It's sort of like when Jay Cutler forced his way out of Denver. Bears fans were supper happy, but in reality Jay just stopped taking calls from management/ownership and told his agent to force a deal. That was a big time douche move, but as the team benefiting from it was looked at differently in Chicago.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Robbie is going to spend the spring and summer with his young kids in Chicago and then sign the tender and get paid to report for camp.

Why would he rush to SF? His wife just had a baby and he is not getting paid to be there.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears fans are currently on the good side of his 'Douche' move, meaning he's probably trying to you, so you are willing to overlook how the SF fans must feel.

It's sort of like when Jay Cutler forced his way out of Denver. Bears fans were supper happy, but in reality Jay just stopped taking calls from management/ownership and told his agent to force a deal. That was a big time douche move, but as the team benefiting from it was looked at differently in Chicago.

You need to look up the story on The Denver fiasco

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You need to look up the story on The Denver fiasco
The McDaniels/Cutler feud was well documented and the team wasn't giving him that loving feeling, but how many times has a QB just outright forced the team to trade him? These type of disagreements happen often, but it's rare for a player to take a hard stance. Now that the Cutler chapter has closed we have 20/20 hindsight and realize he's just a dick. I'm not saying he's a horrible person, but rather Jay is going to be Jay and if asked to change he'd rather move on. Very rare stance for a team's president/CEO/QB (all those roles do combine because the QB defaults to being the face of the franchise).

Look at Aaron Rodgers in GB. He's also a dick and there are rumors that him and McCarthy never got along. How did that play out? They worked together for 11 seasons, won one Superbowl and eventually McCarthy got canned. Did Rodgers, who again, is a dick, ever force his way out? No. There might have been discussions, but it never happened.

Anyway, to my point - It's pretty rare for a player to force their way out. They have to be very calculated in knowing their market value, what teams will be willing to trade and that when forced the current team will be willing to listen. In this situation I'd say Robbie has grossly overestimated his leverage. He should take a lesson from Kirk Cousins and just sign the franchise tag, get paid ~$4.9M (making him the second highest paid kicker in the league) and hit free agency next year.

If his heart is truly in Chicago (or somewhere else) he has to wait a season to let that happen.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Pace doesn't give up picks and a large contract to this douche. Just let ODonnel kick off, go for 2, and anything inside the 40 is 4 down territory.

I am not sure that is a winning philosophy. And, I have no idea what you have against Gould, which is fine, but he would be a huge upgrade at the position.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I see no evidence that Pace even wants Gould back, especially at the money he’s going to demand.

Gould is begging the Bears to come get him, and I’ve not seen any real reporting on rumors that management wants him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Unless you're Casey Bednarski, then the best way to leave is to make your kicks but with the ball spinning 'incorrectly' when it passes through the goalposts.

What's Paul Edinger up to now? Sign him ... oh wait.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I see no evidence that Pace even wants Gould back, especially at the money he’s going to demand.

Gould is begging the Bears to come get him, and I’ve not seen any real reporting on rumors that management wants him.

According to CCS and how Pace is so good at keeping things under radar, that means Pace is gonna land him.