So about PFF.........

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
PFF is to football as Scientology is to common sense.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Observer sees Trubisky sail a pass over Burtons head. No pressure. DB did not affect play. Trubisky sucks.
Coach: Trubisky is supposed to throw to a spot it's the WR job to get there.
Burton: Yeah that's on me I cut the route flat.

Observer: Nope facts are what I say they are. Trubisky sucks.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When it says what I want to agree with PFF is great, but when it says what I don’t want it to say PFF is shit.

It’s almost like I’m the asshole.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...if you took a math test one year and got a 75% and then took a much easier one the next year and got an 80%, one may conclude that you got worse at math during that one year.
I took a math test once

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And yet scientist were able to photograph the center of a black hole and the large hadron collider was able to discover a new particle using the exact same principles as PFF's analysis of Mitch Trubisky.
Do those scientists use volunteer euro trash bums with zero NFL knowledge... err scientific knowledge ...judge and analyze their data to draw conclusions? You do know PFF once rated P Manning's 462 yrd 7TD 0INT game as the third best that week, behind even Cutlers 242 yrd 2TD 1INT game?

Oh and they identified the existence of a black hole with radio telescopes, they didn't actually photograph one, see photographs require light, of which black hole allow none to escape.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok so you are going on the theory that the supporting cast did all the heavy lifting for Trubisky as he got significantly worse from year 1 to year 2?
That and many of the completed passes were of the short high percentage variety.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Stats are only a small representation of the truth and only the guys within Halas hall know the real truth and what or what not these stats really convey.

You could conceptually complete every pass thrown yet throw a bad pass. Let’s stay it’s slightly thrown behind receiver, he slows down or falls down catching it in reverse, whereas; had it been thrown in front so the receiver catches it on the run: maybe he runs much further or scores a TD.

Those are the types of things you don’t really see in stats. That’s just one example.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
PFF is to football as Scientology is to common sense.

PFF is to football as performance review is to your job

Do those scientists use volunteer euro trash bums with zero NFL knowledge... err scientific knowledge ...judge and analyze their data to draw conclusions? You do know PFF once rated P Manning's 462 yrd 7TD 0INT game as the third best that week, behind even Cutlers 242 yrd 2TD 1INT game?

So the reason PFF's assessment of Mitchell Trubisky is fake news is because of their poor hiring practices. I see.

When you see something anamolous like Peyton Manning's performance vs Jay Cutler on a particular week, why not ask why with a bit of open mindedness and intrigue.

Oh and they identified the existence of a black hole with radio telescopes, they didn't actually photograph one, see photographs require light, of which black hole allow none to escape.

Indeed, and that is why I said the outside of a black hole.

Finally...to all the people who want to ignore what's in front of them and declare Trubisky king of the north I say, his ADP in fantasy football is 146.

BTW, I happen to think Trubisky will be a fantastic QB so don't flame me too badly

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Um, you said the center of a Black Hole. Good science has zero to do with the kind of speculation used by PFF. It uses repeatability of events within known parameters when it can't actually observe a process. Same procedure that has us accept gravity. We only see it's effects and have no idea of it's mechanism. PFF's method would not constitute a proof and have them all floating off into space. That would be a good thing.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is not true....his average air yards went up
The air in his head increased. Don't think you know what air yards are. There was not a significant difference in his average air yards per completion.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The air in his head increased. Don't think you know what air yards are. There was not a significant difference in his average air yards per completion.

But it went up....also these are the people directly above and below him.....Andrew Luck...Aaron Rogers......I guess those are just dink and dunk guys like Trubisky....also, 2 other guys below Trubisky, ...............Brees and Wentz......

And I am 100% sure what completed air yards are...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it went up....also these are the people directly above and below him.....Andrew Luck...Aaron Rogers......I guess those are just dink and dunk guys like Trubisky....also, 2 other guys below Trubisky, ...............Brees and Wentz......

And I am 100% sure what completed air yards are...
I think Rodgers' play definitely fell off. You also just have to look at how open the receivers were in general. PFF doesn't give positive points to completing passes to wide open receivers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fink Ploydster is the bastard child created from a tryst between Remy and Gator Mike. A bunch of spin peppered with some central Florida limited intelligence and a few mutant obliviousness genes thrown in from a Bearsfan51 sloppy seconds.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Rodgers' play definitely fell off. You also just have to look at how open the receivers were in general. PFF doesn't give positive points to completing passes to wide open receivers.

luckily Next Gen Stats tracks that as well.....

Trubisky was 9th highest into throwing into tight coverage....

17.7% of his passes had a defender within 1 yard or less...

Mahomes, for example, had one of the easiest throws to make as only 9.2% of his passes were contested.

In fact an interesting stat is Air Yard to the sticks

Air Yards to the Sticks (AYTS)Air Yards to the Sticks shows the amount of Air Yards ahead or behind the first down marker on all attempts for a passer. The metric indicates if the passer is attempting his passes past the 1st down marker, or if he is relying on his skill position players to make yards after catch.

Trubisky was 7th in the league in most passes closest to the sticks down field.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Observer sees Trubisky sail a pass over Burtons head. No pressure. DB did not affect play. Trubisky sucks.
Coach: Trubisky is supposed to throw to a spot it's the WR job to get there.
Burton: Yeah that's on me I cut the route flat.

Observer: Nope facts are what I say they are. Trubisky sucks.

This is one of the unknowns......

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is still a thing? PFF is fucking garbage; we've all known this since their inception. Why even bring them up?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
luckily Next Gen Stats tracks that as well.....

Trubisky was 9th highest into throwing into tight coverage....

17.7% of his passes had a defender within 1 yard or less...

Mahomes, for example, had one of the easiest throws to make as only 9.2% of his passes were contested.

In fact an interesting stat is Air Yard to the sticks

Air Yards to the Sticks (AYTS)Air Yards to the Sticks shows the amount of Air Yards ahead or behind the first down marker on all attempts for a passer. The metric indicates if the passer is attempting his passes past the 1st down marker, or if he is relying on his skill position players to make yards after catch.

Trubisky was 7th in the league in most passes closest to the sticks down field.
I'm sure the bolded had nothing to do with having Hill and Kelce on that team. All Mahomes...lol