So about PFF.........

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
PFF is a bunch of dumb nerds who try to give “in depth analysis” with “advanced stats” that is highly subjective and only means shit in a vacuum. You can put all the lipstick you want on a pig and it’ll still be a pig.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if you have a passing interest in how QBing works you can tell Trubisky was seeing people open in 2017 and in 2018 he was throwing to where the receiver was going to be open.

My guess on his accuracy issues is the extra level of complication added on caused occasional issues with his footwork.

All that shit will get cleaned up as he becomes more comfortable and cognizant in the gameplan, one would hope.

Anyone who claims that Trubisky regressed and somehow became a worse QB is a fucking moron.

PFF is in love with their system and refuse to acknowledge its short comings.

Apparently they downgraded Trubisky on 2017s score after his 2018 came out. They basically threw out his old number because it didn't jibe with the 2018 score they gave him.

That should tell you there is a problem with their system,

Visionman

Liked Posts:
PFF assigns numbers to their opinions so it looks more official and believable.
And according to some on here, those numbers have evidently convinced NFL teams to not waste money on developing a full scouting department...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And according to some on here, those numbers have evidently convinced NFL teams to not waste money on developing a full scouting department...
Turns out the secret to New England’s success isn’t Bill Bellichek it’s actually PFF.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
PFF has always been shit. Nothing posted there should be taken seriously, I guess I thought this was already covered and acknowledged..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do realize that PFF is also into college ball right? I'm sure NFL teams care more about their deep dives into college players than NFL players.
i'm sure they rely on the scouts lots, lots more. Implying teams rely on PFF is like saying the brand of gas you use got you somewhere on time. It's a small piece of the pie and actually less necessary that that gas in the example. I'm sure they look at sports-reference.com as well. No need to overstate its importance.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm sure they rely on the scouts lots, lots more. Implying teams rely on PFF is like saying the brand of gas you use got you somewhere on time. It's a small piece of the pie and actually less necessary that that gas in the example. I'm sure they look at sports-reference.com as well. No need to overstate its importance.

I remember seeing a picture of a team’s war room, forgot which team, but you could see the NFL draft value chart on one of their computer screens. LOL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember seeing a picture of a team’s war room, forgot which team, but you could see the NFL draft value chart on one of their computer screens. LOL
Someone should have shown it to Pace.;)

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
PFF is probably weakest when it comes to evaluating QBs, because their performance is so noticeable, and there are already hard stats available. I find their grades to be an interesting reference point for non-skill position players on teams I don't usually see...like they had Leighton Vander Esch as a highly-rated LB for the Cowboys...I would never have thought that he was any good without PFF's mention.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
PFF is probably weakest when it comes to evaluating QBs, because their performance is so noticeable, and there are already hard stats available. I find their grades to be an interesting reference point for non-skill position players on teams I don't usually see...like they had Leighton Vander Esch as a highly-rated LB for the Cowboys...I would never have thought that he was any good without PFF's mention.
You could pay $200 a year to find out the PFF exclusive take that Roquan Smith may or may not become a really good player.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My reaction to around half of all PFF rankings:

giphy.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you think PFF employs more quality scouts to watch all these college kids than NFL teams do?

OK...lol

Do you even NFL? Exactly how do you think that every single year there ends up being star players that were drafted in the later rounds or were simply not even drafted at all? There aren't enough eyes in any NFL organization to have the entire picture of every available player. That is a fact.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Do you even NFL? Exactly how do you think that every single year there ends up being star players that were drafted in the later rounds or were simply not even drafted at all? There aren't enough eyes in any NFL organization to have the entire picture of every available player. That is a fact.
Do you even comprehend? Yes, teams do have scouts everywhere. They don't miss because they didn't scout those guys, they miss because it's impossible (yes, even for your PFF) to perfectly predict who will be able to learn and adapt to pro football. Whether they are 7th rd picks, UDFAs, or even top 10 picks...who I'm pretty sure we're scouted, even if they bust.

Your assumption by your previous post is that NFL teams don't have the ability, or maybe even the desire, to scout every college player, but PFF does. That is just plain stupid.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
...Because sometimes really good players fall in the draft for a variety of reasons... it happens every year even before PFF.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you even comprehend? Yes, teams do have scouts everywhere. They don't miss because they didn't scout those guys, they miss because it's impossible (yes, even for your PFF) to perfectly predict who will be able to learn and adapt to pro football. Whether they are 7th rd picks, UDFAs, or even top 10 picks...who I'm pretty sure we're scouted, even if they bust.

Your assumption by your previous post is that NFL teams don't have the ability, or maybe even the desire, to scout every college player, but PFF does. That is just plain stupid.

No, never said that. Its only morons like you blinded by your PFF rage that want to stretch simple statements. I was quite clear that PFF also analyses college players and NFL teams use that information as well. But by all means keep making yourself look like a moron. Doesn't bother me any.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No, never said that. Its only morons like you blinded by your PFF rage that want to stretch simple statements. I was quite clear that PFF also analyses college players and NFL teams use that information as well. But by all means keep making yourself look like a moron. Doesn't bother me any.
Yes, they use that information. No one is saying they don't, We are saying they use PFF along with information from probably dozens of other sources as well. And they primarily rely on their own multi million dollar scouting departments.