So apparently the cardinals hacked the Astros.....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think they will get the maximum fines possible, as individuals and also as team dependant upon how far up the chain this went, and also lose a couple of first round draft picks or compensation picks as they are classified as a small market team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think they will get the maximum fines possible, as individuals and also as team dependant upon how far up the chain this went, and also lose a couple of first round draft picks or compensation picks as they are classified as a small market team.
Im interested in knowing exactly who all were involved and what exactly did they look into. .

was it the scouting people or did it go as high as the manager, GM, and or Owner..

Did they use the info for draft, trades, FA or all

Interested in knowing if the Astros were close to agreeing to a player and the Cardinals stole such player(s) away using the info in computer. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

brokenjoker22

Liked Posts:
Im interested in knowing exactly who all were involved and what exactly did they look into. .

was it the scouting people or did it go as high as the manager, GM, and or Owner..

Did they use the info for draft, trades, FA or all

Interested in knowing if the Astros were close to agreeing to a player and the Cardinals stole such player(s) away using the info in computer. .

Are we likely to find out any of this info (what the cards did with what info they stole) or will we just be told a hack was proven/unfounded and any punishments?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Are we likely to find out any of this info (what the cards did with what info they stole) or will we just be told a hack was proven/unfounded and any punishments?
With all the social media and bloodhounds in the media today... it will all eventually come out

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There will be someone let go - some employee or two - and we will hear from the Cards how it was some low level flunky acting on his own / their own - and that the GM and staff NEVER saw the info and OF COURSE never used the info to their advantage. (Except if the low level dude DID steal it and nobody else knew, how would anyone KNOW whether the higher ups got stolen info?)

The Cards will dismiss the guy, and get all sanctimonious about how their organization - which, of course is classier than all others - got a black eye, unfairly. "The Cardinal organization was the victim", they will cry. And MLB will play along.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't know what people are slurping to claim this isn't really hacking. It's the very definition.

http://www.atlredline.com/st-louis-cardinals-hackers-facing-serious-federal-jail-1711805877

In addition, The article I'm linking mentions what the MLB can do, if the team is found guilty and that if the Feds do bring charges against them, the high percentage of indictment/conviction, etc.

I never said it wasn't illegal. Like I said multiple times I just don't think the term "hacking" is accurate. Put simply, if you stumble upon someone who leaves their username and password on a post it note near their machine is that hacking? To me, hacking is attacking security via various methods. I suppose you could argue this on a very very low level is that but this is far from a skillful act from what's being reported.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I never said it wasn't illegal. Like I said multiple times I just don't think the term "hacking" is accurate. Put simply, if you stumble upon someone who leaves their username and password on a post it note near their machine is that hacking? To me, hacking is attacking security via various methods. I suppose you could argue this on a very very low level is that but this is far from a skillful act from what's being reported.

^This.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So you don't think it's hacking, but it's the very definition of hacking and hacking is what the investigation by the FBI is about. It's a good thing you're not a lawyer because you'd probably starve to death.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So you don't think it's hacking, but it's the very definition of hacking and hacking is what the investigation by the FBI is about. It's a good thing you're not a lawyer because you'd probably starve to death.

Why are you getting so snarky about this? All I'm trying to say here is when you mention hacking to someone I highly doubt they are thinking of someone using someone's password. I'd imagine most people's mind goes to the movie Swordfish or something similar.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why are you getting so snarky about this? All I'm trying to say here is when you mention hacking to someone I highly doubt they are thinking of someone using someone's password. I'd imagine most people's mind goes to the movie Swordfish or something similar.
The truth is snarky? LOL. Unauthorized access to private data is hacking no matter how easy the hack was.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The truth is snarky? LOL. Unauthorized access to private data is hacking no matter how easy the hack was.

It's a good thing you're not a lawyer because you'd probably starve to death.

Since you're so keen on definitions....

snark·y
ˈsnärkē/
adjective NORTH AMERICAN informal
(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.
"the kid who makes snarky remarks in class"

TL1961

Liked Posts:

OK, if you try several different times to guess my password - through software that keeps trying various combinations, or just by dumb luck - and you access my data, you have HACKED into my system.

If you think you know my password because of something I used previously - You know I used my daughter's name in the past, so you try that unsuccessfully, and then try my son's and it works*, is that not hacking?

You keep derailing the thread discussing whether or not it is hacking. It is the definition of hacking. See (b) below.

Computers.

a) to modify (a computer program or electronic device) or write (a program) in a skillful or clever way: Developers have hacked the app.
I hacked my tablet to do some very cool things.
b) to circumvent security and break into (a network, computer, file, etc.), usually with malicious intent: Criminals hacked the bank's servers yesterday.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"It's not breaking and entering, officer. I stole her key!"

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If it screws the Cards I'm all for them getting busted and seeing some draft pool taken away. 5 years would be fair.:hitler:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You keep derailing the thread discussing whether or not it is hacking. It is the definition of hacking. See (b) below.

I'm just explaining my throw away comment in the initial post. If you don't want to talk about definitions then stop responding. I honestly don't care that much either way.

Edit: to clarify I don't mean stop responding to this thread. I just mean stop quoting any talk about definition of hacking. I'm willing to let it drop. I have said my view on this. If you disagree whatever but clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever happens, I'm smiling. This is further proof that the goats blood I fed the ivy, the choice meats I bbqd to the gods from the bleachers, and bah bahhhing bleating after every Cubs pitchers balls all season is working.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cards fans all want to keep using the term "flunkies" or even "interns" when discussing who might be responsible. (Laughed my ass off when it got to the point of interns.)

Now the Cards have identified at least one man responsible, and he's a department head who has been promoted three times recently.

This ain't no intern!

This is already much higher than the Cards wanted us to believe. And he may not be the only one.