Sox hitting coach needs to be fired today---now

richb688

Liked Posts:
When your team sets the all time record for whiffs in a season someone needs to be fired. That is horrible and being a young team is not an excuse. some coach on this team has to grow a pair of balls and have a chat with our second basemen and explain that having 216 whiffs is not good unless your Reggie in the 70's lol.

OldSoxfan

Liked Posts:
I AGREE!
The rebuilding should begin with their manager, coaches
and others who impede success.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Did you know that roughly 50 of his called third strikes were balls?

richb688

Liked Posts:
If that was true 170 whiffs by him would still be obscene. There is no excuse for 216 whiffs except for not having talent, But I feel he can become a decent major league hitter-please no learning curve stuff, he has to learn to shorten his swing and learn the strie zone. I would give this manager one more year and see what he does, and see how this team improves, 65 wins will not cut it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Strikeouts aren't any worse than making any other kind of outs.

Now, I will say, Steverson has been around a few years and I don't think anyone is really impressed by what he's done here.

I'm ready for a new hitting coach.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I feel there are better productive outs than whiffs---outs that get a runner into scoring position and sacrifice flies.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Is a strikeout worse than a ground ball that can cause a double play?

I don't think so.

richb688

Liked Posts:
yes-at least your batters are having contact with the ball , and if your team is having enough contact while hitting good things will happen law of average.. A wild thought use the hit and run more so ground balls dont turn into double plays Nothing good happens when you set the all time record as a team for whiffs. I don't see too many team winning a world series doing that

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It was posted about five or six years ago on this site about the production of all the outcomes. Example walks are marginally better than singles for scoring runs.

Back to the topic, Moncada has the eye, he'll get the calls with age and he'll likely improve with age on his whiffs as well.

richb688

Liked Posts:
lol how is a wal better than a single-you both get to first base-I can't agree with that one. I am not sure he has the eye, when you whiff 216 times and don't blame the umpire for all those lol. He had the 4th most whiffs all time in the history of Baseball. That is something that should not be ignored as growing pains. He can become a good player but needs to learn plate discipline.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brett, nice to see you're getting some company over here.....but if I didn't know better, I'd think they were Hawk Alts

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
:thinking:

Were you a SATCH or PALEHOSE poster?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
lol how is a wal better than a single-you both get to first base-I can't agree with that one. I am not sure he has the eye, when you whiff 216 times and don't blame the umpire for all those lol. He had the 4th most whiffs all time in the history of Baseball. That is something that should not be ignored as growing pains. He can become a good player but needs to learn plate discipline.

*deep breath*

1) Because a walk uses more pitches and rattles a pitcher that he doesn't have "it" at the moment. Again, the numbers show a slight edge to walks and that's probably the "science" behind it
2) You argue you get tossed, shows wisdom for someone so young.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Diehard and I have butted heads, a time or two pretty hard, but he's more than a Cub Fan. He's a baseball fan.

I thank you, sir. Not a Sox fan by any stretch but I do love a good rebuild and I think Hahn is doing a real nice job so far. But it takes time to do it the right way, something that Sox fan Hawk could never get a handle on. Hiring and firing managers and coaches at this point would be awfully premature....you don't even know what the finished product will look like yet. If the Sox can push close to .500 this year, it would be a real nice step for them setting the stage for bigger things in 2020 and beyond. My only fear is that poor attendance will have Reinsdorf looking to relocate to places like Las Vegas when it comes time to sprinkle in some high priced free agents.

richb688

Liked Posts:
The hitting coach is horrible- that needs improvement now.