Split up Kane and Toews?

supraman

Liked Posts:

phranchk

Liked Posts:
If we keep winning then who cares if they aren't scoring goals. It means the other lines are gelling so you don't want to split the other lines up either.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
exactly phrank.

Besides it's not as if Q hasn't thrown Kane around on different lines on different shifts to try and get him going. Flyers are doing a good job at shutting the first line down and so are we at shutting their first line done. Depth is there for a reason.

Kane is simply over thinking and holding the stick too tight. Toews is giving it his best but the pucks not getting to him. Buff is has a dickhead but a good blueliner all over him. Something will give at some point as it always does.

Gutt tells me tonight both teams first lines will break their slumps. ours will just break out bigger lol.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a pigfelcher. Another worthless blogger that can't see beyond the scoresheet.

Sometimes the stars have to function as decoys for the opposition in order to get the win.

ginnie

Liked Posts:
Leave the line alone. Tonight will be the night boys and girls...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Everything has already been said.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]Everything has already been said.[/quote]

Ditto, but I also like to add that I would favor spiltting Toews and Kane as much as I would favor splitting my balls.

While they may not have "dominating" stats, having those two together does force teams to key in on that line moreso then when they are split. Heck, Philly was double teaming Kane in game two, and keeping someone very close to Toews. That says something. Add in that those two can play a ton of minutes...which is going to wear out what every line(s), and specifically, d-men down. Especially if said lines or d-men are assigned Hossa/Sharp.

Beyond that, those two read each other better than I have seen any two players in quite some time, and it shows with the chances they create, and how Philly key's in on them.

This is not like putting all eggs in one basket either.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't be against the idea if it had worked in the past.

It hasn't, so no fucking way.

sonny

Liked Posts:
Clearly they haven't been the same since they were separated from Bickell.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Might want to give Buff a look at a different opposition player other than Pronger (if that is possible). Just not feeling the Buff this series as Pronger seems to have his number. And Buff seems to be a bit frustrated. Not seeing the fun in Buffs face out there like I have seen the last 2 series.

Not pushing panick buttons or saying Q has to move Buff. But it might be worth a quick thought or two. Also forces the Flyers to adjust. Might be a good thing? Don;t know. Not as if either team is playing really bad. May want to leave things as is and just roll the dice with it? Just something isn't sitting well with me about how well Pronger has got Buff off his game. Cheaply or otherwise he has and it doesn't feel like it is going to change..so adjust?

But Kane and Toews stay together for sure.

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
It's tough since you really don't want to mess with the karma of the second line, but swapping Buff and Brouwer could help spark something.

If Ladd was skating with the team today, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in for Kopecky on Friday.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]It's tough since you really don't want to mess with the karma of the second line, but swapping Buff and Brouwer could help spark something.

If Ladd was skating with the team today, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in for Kopecky on Friday.[/quote]

Agree Raz isn't an easy call. You certainly don't want to mess with too much chemistry. I think Brouwer for Buff wouldn;t be doing too much damage to depth though. Not only is Buff getting killed by Pronger out there I think he is starting to feel it a little. Brouwer may have fresher legs right now. Wouldn;t hurt to try it a few shifts on Friday. Kane and Toews can adjust to a new linemate. God knows they have done it enough times already this year.

As for Ladd there is nothing I would want more. He is missed out there, this type of series was made for players like Ladd. Again nothing against Kopecky or anyone else (Burish however has been a bit of a bore this series despite his good mouth in game 2).

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]I recommend not double-clicking the Submit button.[/quote]

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :eek:bscene-buttmoon: :eek:bscene-buttred: :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered: :eek:bscene-birdiedoublegreen:

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]Might want to give Buff a look at a different opposition player other than Pronger (if that is possible). Just not feeling the Buff this series as Pronger seems to have his number. And Buff seems to be a bit frustrated. Not seeing the fun in Buffs face out there like I have seen the last 2 series.

Not pushing panick buttons or saying Q has to move Buff. But it might be worth a quick thought or two. Also forces the Flyers to adjust. Might be a good thing? Don;t know. Not as if either team is playing really bad. May want to leave things as is and just roll the dice with it? Just something isn't sitting well with me about how well Pronger has got Buff off his game. Cheaply or otherwise he has and it doesn't feel like it is going to change..so adjust?

But Kane and Toews stay together for sure.[/quote]

That isn't a bad idea at all because it raises the question does Pronger "follow" buff to another line becuase he is the only Dman that can really contain him and leaves Kane and Toews to go against an easier Dman (most likely this situation wont happen). Or does buff get swapped with Brouwer as previously mentioned and flourish because well no one can contain him? It is worth a look at least.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]Might want to give Buff a look at a different opposition player other than Pronger (if that is possible). Just not feeling the Buff this series as Pronger seems to have his number. And Buff seems to be a bit frustrated. Not seeing the fun in Buffs face out there like I have seen the last 2 series.

But Kane and Toews stay together for sure.[/quote]

My wife and I were talking about that before the beginning of the OT. Perhaps Brouwer or Kopecky should get a chance with Toews and Kane in game 4, and put Buff with Sharp and Hossa. That would be an interesting adjustment for the Flyers and specifically if Q rolls both of those lines out one after the other.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
If anything, you move Hossa up with 19 and 88 and give Buff some shifts against someone besides Pronger, like TCD said above.

Here is an article I wrote late last night about the idea: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... ame-4.html

Of course, Q might not want to change anything, and that'd be perfectly fine. But IF he does......