Stan has done it again...Schmaltz gone

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perlini's ELC is done this summer so he will need to be re-signed. Strome's ELC expires after the 2019/20 season.
You may be right...i might have read CF wrong.

Regardless, Strome as a center is cost controlled through next year. Schmaltz wasn't and wasn't bringing much to the table.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Only reason really not to be ok with the move is cause Stan. Otherwise it’s meh out meh in. At least we didn’t send a bunch of draft picks with the deal unless I missed that part

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else feel like we're circling the rebuild drain?

Stan gonna spend like 2-3 years trying to do mini-rebuilds until they fire him.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What numbers are these guys wearing so I can order some fucking jerseys?!?!?!

Raaawwwrrr!!!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone else feel like we're circling the rebuild drain?

Stan gonna spend like 2-3 years trying to do mini-rebuilds until they fire him.
I think Stan is gone at the end of this year

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think Stan is gone at the end of this year

He was on the score this morning, Haugh asks why he did not shore up the blue line with an asset like Schmaltz, said Murphy will be back within 10 days and he played really well the second half of last season. I must have missed that. Then he did not even name Bovquist, said the guy we picked this year is having a really nice season so he will be here next year. He just seems like a little weasel. Yeah, might be gone by next year, but will he leave us with enough support for the thirty year olds?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was on the score this morning, Haugh asks why he did not shore up the blue line with an asset like Schmaltz, said Murphy will be back within 10 days and he played really well the second half of last season. I must have missed that. Then he did not even name Bovquist, said the guy we picked this year is having a really nice season so he will be here next year. He just seems like a little weasel. Yeah, might be gone by next year, but will he leave us with enough support for the thirty year olds?
If you mean support for Kane & Toews...depends on how El Gato and Saad come along.

If you mean Keith and Seabrook, they should be the ones supporting, since they aren't the future.

No matter how you slice it though, if Bowman is gone it's not like we won't have another GM, and they will acquire who they can. Besdies, Schmaltz was playing like unwashed ass in his contract year. Maybe Strome and Perlini play for their next contract, which turns them into better bargaining chips.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You think bowman is going to be fired but is still allowed to make trades?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know. I would have rather heard that Stan wanted Perlini when he was drafted 12th and he took Schmaltz 20th than we had to give away talent to get two talented guys back. Its great that Cat gets his center back, but we need to see if they are on the same line. My guess is it might be the third. They claimed they practiced yesterday but did not do any line rushes to hint at where they will lineup.

Just wondering who the other guy left out will be. He seems to like Hayden and Martinson, Kampf lit the lamp last game, Kruger needs to kill penalties, they also seem to want to keep Kunitz in the mix for some reason.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You think bowman is going to be fired but is still allowed to make trades?
Tallon was.

Seriously I think if the 'hawks miss the playoffs Bowman is gone. Naturally he's going to do everything he can not to get fired...including moving players.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, murphy supposedly looks good in practice, What will we see, Keith Murphy, seabrook gus, Forsling, rutta and round robin or will gus be moved for forsling and the third pair.

Honestly I will be happy when they put Forsling back on his strong side.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
At least we got a little bigger don't think was for added Offense

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
At least we got a little bigger don't think was for added Offense

thats the whole argument, you move an asset you know you will not be able to sign, you get something defensive minded. I would rather see a ryan reeves type blowing people up and instilling his will on the ice. Thats for a guy I cannot stand. But we did get Probert back in the day right?

Either way, it looks like Perlini is getting moved up to the top line tonight with Toews and Saad, Kane Strome and Cat, we will see if that giveaway in the d zone by Fortin last game gets him a scratch, but the kid needs to skate with Kampf not Kruger.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
thats the whole argument, you move an asset you know you will not be able to sign, you get something defensive minded. I would rather see a ryan reeves type blowing people up and instilling his will on the ice. Thats for a guy I cannot stand. But we did get Probert back in the day right?

Either way, it looks like Perlini is getting moved up to the top line tonight with Toews and Saad, Kane Strome and Cat, we will see if that giveaway in the d zone by Fortin last game gets him a scratch, but the kid needs to skate with Kampf not Kruger.

That's one thing I don't like about JC and didn't like about Q--proper accountability.

If Fortin gets sat because of that D-zone giveaway, then Keith should be sat for fucking up not one but two plays last night as-bad or worse. At this point you should be letting the rookies play through their rookie mistakes, not benching them--especially after a game where the whole team screwed the pooch and embarrassed themselves, not just 1-2 guys.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nick Schmaltz scored a power play goal last night as the Coyotes shut out Nashville 3-0

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That's one thing I don't like about JC and didn't like about Q--proper accountability.

If Fortin gets sat because of that D-zone giveaway, then Keith should be sat for fucking up not one but two plays last night as-bad or worse. At this point you should be letting the rookies play through their rookie mistakes, not benching them--especially after a game where the whole team screwed the pooch and embarrassed themselves, not just 1-2 guys.

yeah, absolutely. Keith looked like his skates were stuck in the ice the entire first period and gus almost gave away two making a pass deep in the d zone to the middle of the ice. There was so much speed with edmonton, something Fortin is able to at least keep up with. There was an icing saved by Edmonton with three hawks coasting to the puck. I dont think any of them were rookies.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone change their mind yet about this trade?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone change their mind yet about this trade?
Not yet. Strome already has done more than Schmaltz for this season, I have no faith that Schmaltz would have rebounded as he has for us, and the whole team's play is down--including at the dot.