Stephen Gostkowski

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The last signing the Bears should make this free agency aside from contract extensions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see the Pats letting Gostkowski go.....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Or they could fill the rest of the roster.

You aren't with the program.

It's not about getting the pieces needed, or filling all spots.

Free Agency is only about signing guys whose names the fans know. :)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You aren't with the program.

It's not about getting the pieces needed, or filling all spots.

Free Agency is only about signing guys whose names the fans know. :)

Davis says hi....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
we need to "waste" a draft pick on a kicker. Cant put 10 million into the position as badly as we need it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
we need to "waste" a draft pick on a kicker. Cant put 10 million into the position as badly as we need it.

To me, it’s a no-brainer. You have two 7ths. Pick a kicker with one. A kicker will actually probably have a bigger impact on your team than almost any other 7th rounder you could get. Can anyone name many long-term impact 7th rounders who aren’t kickers?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, it’s a no-brainer. You have two 7ths. Pick a kicker with one. A kicker will actually probably have a bigger impact on your team than almost any other 7th rounder you could get. Can anyone name many long-term impact 7th rounders who aren’t kickers?

Marques Colston

Donald Drvier

Courtland Finnegan

Julian Edelman

Jamal Anderson

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Marques Colston

Donald Drvier

Courtland Finnegan

Julian Edelman

Jamal Anderson

Meh, fair enough. Those are solid guys. I still if you’ve got two 7ths, and your kicking game is atrocious, you should grab a kicker if there’s a guy you really like. As we’ve seen, it can severely impact your season.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Meh, fair enough. Those are solid guys. I still if you’ve got two 7ths, and your kicking game is atrocious, you should grab a kicker if there’s a guy you really like. As we’ve seen, it can severely impact your season.

at that point the draft is almost over and contact have already been made to these guys and you can get a feeling if you're able to sign one of them as an udfa.

chances are they will see the opportunity with the bears and likely sign as an udfa 2 hours after the draft ends.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the depth of coaches up athletic talent of yesteryear left a chance to draft a kicker, whereas today you have more players who could potentially develo into someone with that pick. As well as more kickers.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think the depth of coaches up athletic talent of yesteryear left a chance to draft a kicker, whereas today you have more players who could potentially develo into someone with that pick. As well as more kickers.

couldn't have said it better myself

:)

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Can anyone name many long term impact 7th round KICKERS?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't see the Pats letting Gostkowski go.....

A year ago none of us saw the Raiders letting Mack go. And then when talks of trading him started none of us saw the Bears trading for him either.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last signing the Bears should make this free agency aside from contract extensions.

I agree. Pats let Vinatieri go. they will let Gostkowski go. It would be nice to have confidence in the kicking game moving forward into their "window"

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

The Bears starting left tackle.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A year ago none of us saw the Raiders letting Mack go. And then when talks of trading him started none of us saw the Bears trading for him either.

gostkowskis not going anywhere

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Would rather have Justin Houston but if the Bears miss out on Houston then Gostowski would be fine

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
At this point, I can't see Pace spending a significant amount of money at the position. I wouldn't be shocked if he signed someone like Younghoe Koo and a UDFA as well. Let the two along with Blewitt and Jones battle it out.