Stranger Things (Vol. Season 4 Trailer?)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the best show that encapsulates the spooky/creepy/horror genre from the late 70s to the mid 80s.
It's taking the intensity of Alien, soundtrack of Carpenter films, spookiness of Stephen King, the friendship of the Goonies and packs a punch that I have never seen and executed before. Television has now surpassed film, and the medium of telling an arc in 8-10 episodes is the way to watch these stories.

10/10

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the best show that encapsulates the spooky/creepy/horror genre from the late 70s to the mid 80s.
It's taking the intensity of Alien, soundtrack of Carpenter films, spookiness of Stephen King, the friendship of the Goonies and packs a punch that I have never seen and executed before. Television has now surpassed film, and the medium of telling an arc in 8-10 episodes is the way to watch these stories.

10/10

IS that you Gene Siskel?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
IS that you Gene Siskel?

No, but if anyone's interested I have recorded a couple of film related podcasts with a buddy of mine called The Hitless Wonder.
Two dudes talking film. I am working on building a studio in my basement so you can see my ugly mug on Youtube soon.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, but if anyone's interested I have recorded a couple of film related podcasts with a buddy of mine called The Hitless Wonder.
Two dudes talking film. I am working on building a studio in my basement so you can see my ugly mug on Youtube soon.

I only watch if Grimson makes a special appearance and you feed him after midnight.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was very good. Someone else mentioned it, but the casting was spot on.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck boys, I am rewatching just the first episode and its a hooker. Not the kind I like to choke, but the show hooks you. I was born in the 80's but am more of a 90's kid but I had 3 older brothers. This show hits my soul and I wasnt the nerd in the 80's. This show should get you raging hard on's.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just started this last night and watched 3 episodes. Been very solid so far!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
[h=2]Stranger Things[/h]

Posted August 31 2016 — 8:31 AM EDT
The day Stranger Things fans have been anxiously awaiting all summer has finally arrived: Netflix on Wednesday officially greenlit a second season, set to premiere sometime in 2017.
Wanting answers immediately, EW called up creators the Duffer Brothers for an exclusive batch of season teases. Here’s what we got for you Thing-ers:
[h=2]Everyone will be back…Well, maybe.[/h]While some, including EW’s own James Hibberd, have argued the series should be an anthology, the Duffers opted to tell a continuing story in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. Still, the pair toyed around initially with flashing forward a bit before settling on continuing the story in 1984. “I don’t think we ever thought anthology,” says Ross Duffer. “I think we talked like a larger time jump where the kids are older now and it’s a different decade. That’s something we batted around from the very beginning. But for us, there’s still more story here [in the 1980s], there’s still things that are unresolved.” So, expect to see the return of Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Joyce (Winona Ryder), Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), etc. “We don’t know about Eleven,” says Ross Duffer. “We leave that up in the air.”............

click to continue....

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/31/stranger-things-season-2-details-duffer-brothers

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
If you are interested in a supernatural thriller set in an 80s homage....do it.....great show.

Have not seen, but is in my queue. Planning to finish American Horror Story S3 first.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
BUMP!

Just finished the first season tonight. Holy shit I love this show. Perfect casting. Fast paced. Nostalgia to the max.