Super Bowl #calledit

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has already thrown for more TDs in a season than Rex ever did, more yards in a season than Rex, has a higher completion percentage, yards per attempt, higher rating and QBR.
But his deep ball is trash compared to Rex. Not h8ing, but he's not even close.

^^^ This ^^^

At his best Rex looked like Dan Marino.

At his best Mitch looks like Russel Wilson.

Both Trubisky and Wilson will probably have better careers, but Grossman and Marino had the arms dreams are made of.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A timeless classic....

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They may actually play as well but have worse #s. More aggressive does make us more susceptible to big plays and some of those picks we had last year may not get caught. I agree about the injury thing as well but we're due another lucky year after all those unlucky ones.
Just off the top of my head we had injuries to Trubisky, Mack, Prince, Jackson, Callahan, Shaheen, and Burton which caused them to miss game(s). Also Floyd's club, AR playing most of the year not 100%, and Smith not being in game shape to start the season.

We may not have had a lot of guys on season ending IR, but we were far from healthy, yet still won the division. I think we'll be ok...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grossman was never at his best......he had five 300 yards games in his career. Trubisky already has 6....

Grossman's best game doesn't compare to Trubisky's best game...

You guys are putting the Grossman on a pedestale....

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You did, if the English language is anything to go by. You said he's as competent as any QB in the league. That means you don't believe Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Mahomes are any more competent than Trubisky, which is absurd.
No you said that. And I did say that he is no Joe Montana so right off the bat you should had comprehended that I did not consider him in the same class as all quarterbacks.....Why can’t you just let a person give their opinion and take it at face value. If competence was the only factor in great quarterbacks then the statement would have never been made but for some reason you just don’t like Mitch and nothing he does will ever be good enough..... I’m sure you and ommy are both equally competent people but does that mean you are equal?

Jeez, they taught English in schools for free yet you want to make up shit as you go.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No you said that. Why can’t you just let a person give their opinion and take it at face value. If competence was the only factor in great quarterbacks then the statement would have never been made but for some reason you just don’t like Mitch and nothing he does will ever be good enough..... I’m sure you and ommy are both equally competent people but does that mean you are equal?

Jeez

Logical fallacy, ad hominem, non sequitur, this post has it all.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Logical fallacy, ad hominem, non sequitur, this post has it all.

No, it’s just you can’t stand to be wrong. It’s ok people are wrong everyday.....including you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, it’s just you can’t stand to be wrong. It’s ok people are wrong everyday.....including you.

What am i wrong about here?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What am i wrong about here?
Competent.......in plain English.

having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.

Just stop arguing and understand the meaning.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see more aboard for this go-around!

A few reasons for Kool Aid > Caution:
  1. Mitch & friends in year 2 - learning the offense better. Deeper playbook. This cannot be understated & should be obvious. Regression talk is just clickbait fodder with no relevant support to those claims.
  2. (F/up to #1) - Switch of Whitehair & Daniels - both can step it up further to aide run/pass game b/c they have experience now.
  3. Returning DEF - some adjusting to Pegano, but I'm not expecting regression. Still enough rookie contracts w/ cheap QB window open = no SEA blow up yet. HaHa for Amos is a push with upside IMO.
  4. Healthy Roster all Offseason - (so far) Long, Robinson, etc. knock on wood & eat those damn Lucky Charms. This is the largest threat IMHO.
  5. Added Depth & ST - filled the last few holes last season. Now there's capable backups with added experience building. Multiple big threat kick returners now. *note the NE Pats needed 2 ST TDs to win last season.
  6. Miller becomes real #2 WR - was good despite shoulder separations a plenty. Fix that, he'll ball out.
  7. Devon Montgomery - nuff said. Offensive rookie of the year darkhorse.
  8. Schedule isn't a threat - Harder schedule is only a diff or what 2 opponents, else, same as the rest of NFCN.
  9. 2018 Perspective - all 5 losses were by combined 15 pts. Also had 5 wins by 1 score or less too. Good baseline with zero blowout Ls (all were squeaker coulda/shoulda types), but 6 multi-score Ws in bag w/ that year 1 offense.
  10. Team Chemistry - no stats here, but add a new facility and year of gellin. Players love working here. Some even say the double doink is fuel now. I'd argue, the hoopla about kickers is a nice distraction that keeps them in the underdog role.
  11. Kicker - can't be much worse. Somebody will be get the job done well enough. #9 was despite all those misses.
  12. 1946 - with the max # of Prime time games, it'll be dark out a lot, so wear those sunglasses.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Competent.......in plain English.

having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.

Just stop arguing and understand the meaning.

Yeah, i mean every QB falls in that category really.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
How can you say every NFL QB is competent. Competent, in my opinion, means not hurting your team when you’re on the field. There are more than a few QBs who hurt their team when they’re on the field.
Yeah, i mean every QB falls in that category really.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How can you say every NFL QB is competent. Competent, in my opinion, means not hurting your team when you’re on the field. There are more than a few QBs who hurt their team when they’re on the field.

Sounds like you and Leomaz need to nail down what you mean by 'competent', and I'll weigh in when we figure it out.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like you and Leomaz need to nail down what you mean by 'competent', and I'll weigh in when we figure it out.

I guess maybe you and ommy aren’t equally competent.....he seems to have you beat in this regard.
We get it you don’t like Mitch Trubisky......