Terrence Williams lobbying to be a Bull

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Former Louisville star Terrence Williams could become a media darling in whichever city he lands in, but he may also become a headache for some of the writers that cover the team. He seemed disinterested throughout most of the proceedings, but he did open up a little more once we started talking about the prospect of him playing for the Bulls.

Louisville's Terrence Williams was unique in expressing a specific desired result for the NBA Draft -- he likes the Bulls.
"I would love to play for the Bulls," he told me. "I told them that in the meeting. I told [Vinny] Del Negro that I would love to play for him 'cause I love their style and I love how Derrick Rose distributes the ball as a young point guard. I love Ben Gordon, I love their young players with [Joakim] Noah, [John] Salmons, I love everybody on their team and I love the way they play. It fits my style. I'd love to play there."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4213871&name=friedell

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Wow he really seems to LOVE the Bulls...lol

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Egh not a fan. The kid didnt get to the line that much in his four years in the NCAA nor did he really develop any type of offensive game. With Ben on his way out, we need a legit two guard who can really light it up and Terrence is not one of them. Terrence reminds me of Orlando's Mickael Peitrius.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Pietrus is a pretty good comparison, but it's worth noting that Pietrus may also be a very good fit next to Derrick Rose.

He can defend and shoot the three. Williams will probably be able to do both those things as well as be a great rebounder. If he can do those three things (rebound, defend, shoot open 3s) then he's a good fit next to Derrick Rose as a role player who likely won't cost much down the road.

We'll see. I'm not a huge fan of Williams, but his skill set seems like it would fit a nice niche with us, especially if we keep Gordon and want a defensive sub with some size.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Terrence "Super Thabo" Williams needs to lobby for a jumpshot.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
First off, I really like the fact he made those statements. He seems committed to play alongside Derrick Rose for the future. The attribute that stands out to me about this guy is his personality and confidence to be outspoken. Plus, you can arguably say he's the toughest guy in this draft, even more tougher than Blair. I love his ability to play backup Point and starting Shooting Guard. T-Will has potential to be a enforcer too. If you look at his highlights, you'll see him doing a lot of team first stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing his name call once the 16th pick arrives on June 25th.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Flynn wants to be a Bull: "They like my intensity and how I can push tempo. They said they'd been watching me awhile and like what they have seen. Hopefully I'll be there for them to draft."

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Why would Flynn want to play for the Bulls? He'd only get a few minutes a night behind Rose.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
First off, I really like the fact he made those statements. He seems committed to play alongside Derrick Rose for the future. The attribute that stands out to me about this guy is his personality and confidence to be outspoken. Plus, you can arguably say he's the toughest guy in this draft, even more tougher than Blair. I love his ability to play backup Point and starting Shooting Guard. T-Will has potential to be a enforcer too. If you look at his highlights, you'll see him doing a lot of team first stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing his name call once the 16th pick arrives on June 25th.

I don't think there's anyway Terrence Williams will play back up PG in the NBA. I know he has the court vision, but he's not even close on the ball handling.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Flynn wants to be a Bull: "They like my intensity and how I can push tempo. They said they'd been watching me awhile and like what they have seen. Hopefully I'll be there for them to draft."

Where'd you get that quote from? I wanted to link it on chicagoNow, but I couldn't find the source.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Where'd you get that quote from? I wanted to link it on chicagoNow, but I couldn't find the source.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-29-bulls-bitsmay29,0,7059838.story
"I really like the coaching staff and the way they play up-tempo," Flynn said. "They have a great nucleus.

"They like my intensity and how I can push tempo. They said they'd been watching me awhile and like what they have seen. Hopefully I'll be there for them to draft."

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Where you get this from?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I like Terrence Williams. I think he is certainly someone who could very easily be there at 16 and is a nice fit here. He is a pure SG/SF and would not play any PG but I like him as a fit here.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Where you get this from?
I linked it right above youB)

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

ryguy24 posted that primary link but if you go to Bulls.com, Chuck interviewed Flynn again and he expressed interest playing here. The other guys didn't know much in depth as Flynn did. Blake Griffin also said he wanted to play for the Bulls growing up because of MJ legacy.

illiniPJ3

Liked Posts:
I'd love for the Bulls to take Williams. Look at the teams that have won the finals recently. Almost all of them had a tough 6'6-6'8 wing that was a great defender. Boston and Miami had Posey, San Antonio had Bowen, etc. I think Williams is cut from the same cloth as those guys. He won't be a superstar, but I think he could be a very valuable defender that scoring wings in the Eastern Conference would hate to face. Plus he does have some potential on the offensive end.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Pietrus is a pretty good comparison, but it's worth noting that Pietrus may also be a very good fit next to Derrick Rose.

He can defend and shoot the three. Williams will probably be able to do both those things as well as be a great rebounder. If he can do those three things (rebound, defend, shoot open 3s) then he's a good fit next to Derrick Rose as a role player who likely won't cost much down the road.

We'll see. I'm not a huge fan of Williams, but his skill set seems like it would fit a nice niche with us, especially if we keep Gordon and want a defensive sub with some size.

With Gordon I would take a look but if we are looking at him as a replacement for Gordon we are in for some trouble.