TGDT 1/30 - Blackhawks (6-0-0) @ (2-2-1) Wild 7:00PM NBCS

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Minny played last night and the Hawks are rested which means the Hawks should be able to win this game pretty easily. They need to come out high tempo to wear them down quickly.

As long as we can weather the first period rush teams in their spot usually put up I like our odds. But I don't think there will be much easy about the game, the Wild always seem to keep it tight with us and they are far improved this year.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Minny is not the dull defensive team they used to be. They are a more wide open hockey team now which bodes well for the Hawks. Of course they may decide to play a more defensive game knowing they are playing a high potent offensive team - the Hawks.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
wish i could get a start time which doesnt make me miss periods. anyways...

wilds top lines on fire...rest of them...not so much. dont wake their supporting cast up!!! that is all.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I don't think this is an easy win by any means. I think the Wild will surprise us, Harding isn't a bad goaltender either. If Minnesota's wheels fall off in the third, the Hawks could come up with 4-5 goals this game if Harding can't handle it (I think he will)... but who knows. I can see the Wild putting up a couple early goals and hanging in the rest of the game to win it.

This is one of those games where the first goal is crucial.

3-2 either way, and if fatigue sets in and Harding can't compensate, 4-2 or 5-2 Hawks

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think this is an easy win by any means. I think the Wild will surprise us, Harding isn't a bad goaltender either. If Minnesota's wheels fall off in the third, the Hawks could come up with 4-5 goals this game if Harding can't handle it (I think he will)... but who knows. I can see the Wild putting up a couple early goals and hanging in the rest of the game to win it.

This is one of those games where the first goal is crucial.

3-2 either way, and if fatigue sets in and Harding can't compensate, 4-2 or 5-2 Hawks

(self proclaimed) Goalie... get in the chat and fix this site on my phone!!

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
ZOMG PANIC BLOW UP TEH TEAM!!!!11

Nah, the loss had to come at some point, but at least they got a point. Thought they looked rather flat in the first period but got control as the game went on. Backstrom and the crossbar got the win tonight for the Wild. I don't like the tendency of the Hawks to take penalties at inopportune times such as end of periods. On to beat the Canucks.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
We call that a "tie".

Still, though.... not a bad result. At least we got a point more on the road.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had to happen at some point. Now, let's see how the boys respond. That will be the telling factor.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
We call that a "tie".

Still, though.... not a bad result. At least we got a point more on the road.

True. I'm not exactly satisfied, but I'm not a bit upset. Minny played with good jump. They definitely wanted to prove something tonight, and did.

Now if this outcome had occurred in Vancouver, I would be surfing for a new HDTV, after having given my current one a 12 ga enema.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't have to worry about "the streak" anymore. Now we can just go out and play. I think we'll have a bounce in our step and play well Friday night.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
still havent lost in regulation and there is a 0 in the loss column. streak is very much alive. but who cares. team has been racking up points and that is all that matters.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
All I have to say is it was going to happen sooner or later, and I rather it happen against Minnesota than Vancouver.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
The Wild are a good team I agree. Canucks right now kind of suck. I don't mind the losses and I certainly don't take stock in shoot out loses or wins (although those are easier to swallow) as long as the team plays well. Hawks didn't play poorly tonight by any means. It was actually a dull game for the most part but that usually means its a sound defensive game.

They better not play poorly on Friday.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Backstrom, Clusterfuck and Cullen the three stars? Unbelievable...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I liked that Shaw got a goal on a nice play by Bickell going to the net. Bick's quietly had a good start to the season. Probably Shaw's best game of the year so far and hopefully he's getting more confidence. He had a great toe drag chance as well in the 2nd - with Bickell driving to the net.

I know I've been "critical" of Bolland in the past..and last night was an example why. My criticism of him...isn't that he isn't good/valuable/etc...it has always been that I don't think he's a solid 2nd line center. He was completely invisible last night. He was 6-14 (.300) on faceoffs. I thought Sharp was flying last night, Kane had the puck on his stick as well...but plays completely died on Bolland's stick.

In the past...he's go through scoring stretches - but then complete scoring droughts. In a "checking role"..he can do that. Any offense is a bonus...but on a second line...he needs to consistantly create offense and not kill plays or disappear.

howcho

Liked Posts:
Personally I like Clutterbuck, I would have him on the Hawks in a heartbeat.

Minni clogged up the nuet zone IMO and the Hawks where never able to get the firewagon rollin.

MUST BEAT NUCKS

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Personally I like Clutterbuck, I would have him on the Hawks in a heartbeat...

Oh I don't mind him at all. The fact that there wasn't one Hawk among the top three is ridiculous. Maybe in a blowout win you'd find that. Certainly not in an OT shootout victory...