TGDT 1/30 - Blackhawks (6-0-0) @ (2-2-1) Wild 7:00PM NBCS

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
My Wild friend is talking shit about the skills competition win last night, I just laughed and said let me know when you stop having 5 of your 7 games at home.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had to happen at some point. Now, let's see how the boys respond. That will be the telling factor.

Exactly. Hopefully the Canucks fire them up more, even though there's not really anything i'm "upset" about with the game. Could have been better in the circle; that's about it. Wait...There is one thing.

Goddamned, motherfucking, ass-licking, dog-raping, kiddie-fiddling crossbar. Sharpie had him dead to rights. I swear the hockey gods just gave the team a lesson in humility.

Crawford should have gotten a star.

No shit, that Superman save was unreal!

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I blame the Obama reform health care plan. If it wasn't for that they would be more conditioned.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
The Hawks biggest weakness is at the dot. Both Minny goals last night were a result of lost face offs in their own end. Winning face offs is very improtant for a puck possession team like the Hawks. The other problem is that when the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line do win a face off, they are out hustled to the puck. What happened to the spunk they had the 1st couple of games? The last few games the Hawks have been badly out hustled. Can't blame it on fatigue alone becasue the rest of the teams are certainly feeling that fatigue as well. Going 6-0 was great but I think it got them over confident and they slacked of bit - less hustle and less gritiness.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Maybe I was watching a different game...but in the 2nd and 3rd period...the Hawks outshot MIN 19-6 ...and MIN had 2 PP's in that span.

I don't know how MIN is looking at that and saying "we out hustled/worked them"

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Maybe I was watching a different game...but in the 2nd and 3rd period...the Hawks outshot MIN 19-6 ...and MIN had 2 PP's in that span.

I don't know how MIN is looking at that and saying "we out hustled/worked them"

Agreed, Its more that Minny had a lucky bounce on that second goal from Clutterfuck then they outplayed us. We played very good, its unfortunate that we did not come out with two points, because clearly we were the better team on the ice for most of the game. If anything that should have been two points for Crawford....we will have games like this, I can't say we did not show up.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, Its more that Minny had a lucky bounce on that second goal from Clutterfuck then they outplayed us. We played very good, its unfortunate that we did not come out with two points, because clearly we were the better team on the ice for most of the game. If anything that should have been two points for Crawford....we will have games like this, I can't say we did not show up.

Exactly. There are games where a team playes the lights out, and still loses. The hockey gods just weren't on our side last night.

Mach29

Liked Posts:
Not sure the 'hockey gods' had lots to do with it: Minn. beat Columbus and us. Some might think that makes them better than number 1. Looking back, Hawks wins have been less than definitive - we should have beat on Columbus a lot more and the Blues win could have gone either way.

Rhetoric aside, San Jose will prove to be tough in the shorter haul at least. St. Louis will be a threat and, despite a slow start, LA can't be overlooked.

Glad we don't have to carry the 'unbeaten' thing any further.

What's the word on Rosival? We could use him Friday.