TGDT 2/5 - Blackhawks (7-0-2) @ (7-1-1) Sharks 9:30PM CSN

R K

Other than he left his feet, Mayers didn't have control of the puck, and he was Blind Sided, sure. You are right it wasn't a hit to the head. They have said time and time again they are removing that hit from the game. It's been in hockey forever, but they are clearly trying to remove it.

Oh, yea, he left his fucking feet.

charging, interference, blind side hit. But yes, the match penalty for a hit to the head, was incorrect.

R K

I personally love Pierre Labruns blog today. He suggests like the Backas incorrect call, that allowed the Wings a 5 minute straight PP, which they scored a goal on, was the same as the Hawks last night.

Would someone like to inform the dumb fuck the Hawks did NOT receive a 5m PP, nor did they SCORE on the PP, they scored that goal 4 on 4 so basically even strength.

Nothing like the clear incorrect call made in Detroit.

Ton

Liked Posts:
As I've said a few times: It deserved 2 minutes, but he shouldn't have been thrown out of the game.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea the hit was an interference penalty and nothing more.

Need to stop pussifying the sport.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Charging, sure. He left his feet slightly and exploded upwards into Mayers. Borderline charging, but if they called charging, that's the correct call.

You don't call interference when the puck arrives before the hit. Puck control is irrelevant in an interference call. It's all about the timing of the hit. The onus isn't on the guy making the hit to make sure that the guy he is hitting catches the pass.That's ridiculous. The puck arrived well before Desjardin hit him. it just hit Mayers in the skate because Keith made a terrible, ill-advised pass. When you are making sure a guy doesn't get around you on a breakout, you aren't looking at the puck, you're looking at his shoulders and his chest to make sure you don't miss and take yourself out of the play.

Blindside? Not by the NHL's definition. The principal point of contact is not Mayer's head. The head is not targeted. It is a north-south hit. Mayers also puts himself in that position immediately preceding the hit. It doesn't meet the definition of blindside hit at all. Not a single aspect of the hit.

The wrong call was made. It should have been two minutes for charging, with Desjardins staying in the game, and the Sharks having a two minute PP after his penalty was over. I personally thought it was 50/50 on whether or not it was even a penalty. Kerry Fraser agrees....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415365

R K

Kerry Fraser is a fuck. One of the worst officials ever. Even his Tupee sucked. Fuck yourself for even using him as an example. next you'll bring up his play by play guy Dan Kelly's opinion.

Tony I agree with you but he could have been called for any of the other three.

Not to mention the Hawks were without duncan for 10-5-2-2 so it was pretty even out either way.

Charging, interference, blind side hit.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Yea the hit was an interference penalty and nothing more.

Need to stop pussifying the sport.

This.

And Lebrun said it possibly cost the Sharks the game....man was he off. Losing Deshartsinpants meant nothing, losing Keith for that amount of time for that loser is a trade every coach would make when playing the Hawks.

R K

This.

And Lebrun said it possibly cost the Sharks the game....man was he off. Losing Deshartsinpants meant nothing, losing Keith for that amount of time for that loser is a trade every coach would make when playing the Hawks.

He specifically said the Hawks were on the ensuing PP when they scored the winning goal. Not that it was actually 4 on 4.

Also when Backas was ejected, yes terrible call, the Wings not only received a 5m PP, they scored the go head goal.

Duncan received a 10-5-2-2 and I don't think they intended on calling ANYTHING until he retaliated against dajdouche to begin with.

Labrun flat out lied in the blog today. Either that or facts in writing don't mean a fucking thing.

While we are removing the blind side hit lets removed the instigator and the 2 minutes for initiating a fight wearing a visor.

There are several rules that suck. Just get rid of them all.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Kerry Fraser is a fuck. One of the worst officials ever. Even his Tupee sucked. Fuck yourself for even using him as an example. next you'll bring up his play by play guy Dan Kelly's opinion.

Tony I agree with you but he could have been called for any of the other three.

Not to mention the Hawks were without duncan for 10-5-2-2 so it was pretty even out either way.

Charging, interference, blind side hit.

Yeah, never mind the actual rules. We should just go off of gut instinct for these things because it was a violent hit. You can scream about interference or blind side hit as much as you want, but it was neither, given the current definition and interpretation of the rules.

Now two minutes for initiating a fight with a visor is a bad rule? Funny, I've heard opposing players called out several times for being pussies for instigating fights with visors on...
<

R K

Yeah, never mind the actual rules. We should just go off of gut instinct for these things because it was a violent hit. You can scream about interference or blind side hit as much as you want, but it was neither, given the current definition and interpretation of the rules.

Now two minutes for initiating a fight with a visor is a bad rule? Funny, I've heard opposing players called out several times for being pussies for instigating fights with visors on...
<

Go read some articles on the GM meetings in 2010 on blind side hits.

And again he did not have the PUCK! HE left his fucking Feet! What part of made up are those?

As for the quoting of Kerry Fraser you sure you were old enough to see him ref? ROTFL.

Sorry I forgot my dumb ass smiley face.....
<

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Oh, and not to nitpick, but that penalty call did have an effect on the game. Hawks scored three minutes after the call was made, while playing 4 on 4. If they call Desjardin for two minutes instead of five, SJ is on the PP at that time, as Keith's penalty would have had around a minute left to go...

If this situation was reversed, we'd be pissed off and bitching about the refs. Take off the homer glasses for fuck's sake.

R K

We lost our #1 d man for almost 20 minutes! Sharks had plenty of chances despite the penalty.

He would have been penalized either way. For any of the other things. I know he didn't leave his feet and it wasn't interference.

Guess you haven't been watching much hockey this year and their definition of interference on the Ice. I get it you are playing the game too much.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
He specifically said the Hawks were on the ensuing PP when they scored the winning goal. Not that it was actually 4 on 4.

Also when Backas was ejected, yes terrible call, the Wings not only received a 5m PP, they scored the go head goal.

Duncan received a 10-5-2-2 and I don't think they intended on calling ANYTHING until he retaliated against dajdouche to begin with.

Labrun flat out lied in the blog today. Either that or facts in writing don't mean a fucking thing.

While we are removing the blind side hit lets removed the instigator and the 2 minutes for initiating a fight wearing a visor.

There are several rules that suck. Just get rid of them all.

Yea when reading it I was gonna comment how wrong he was but just didn't have the energy in case there was a reply from some asshole.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Go read some articles on the GM meetings in 2010 on blind side hits.

And again he did not have the PUCK! HE left his fucking Feet! What part of made up are those?

As for the quoting of Kerry Fraser you sure you were old enough to see him ref? ROTFL.

Sorry I forgot my dumb ass smiley face.....
<

I'm not arguing against charging. I actually agreed that if anything was called, charging would be the right call.

The blindside has been clarified several times since 2010. You're the one claiming it was a blindside hit, when the NHL clearly disagreed by rescinding the penalty. The onus is on you to prove it was a blindside hit, as there is zero evidence or facts to support that claim. What part of his hit was "blindside" as the NHL has defined it?

Interference? I guess you're not familiar with the penalty. Here's some clarification for you, right from the rule book:

Possession of the Puck: The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

Mayers was the last guy to touch the puck(maybe you missed Keith putting it right off his skate???). He was checked immediately following loss of possession of the puck. Ergo, not interference. Guys are hit ALL THE TIME as soon as they touch the puck. It's only being bitched about here because it was a Hawk getting blown up and not a Hawk blowing the guy up.

Homers.

R K

Yea when reading it I was gonna comment how wrong he was but just didn't have the energy in case there was a reply from some asshole.

it would have been 4 on 4 for at least the first two minutes either way. THEN the Sharks would have had the extra two minutes. Visor rule. Keiths 10 and 5 wouldn't have effected the Sharks other than he wasn't allowed to play.

NOTHING like the Wings game. Where the Redwings received 5 minutes straight. Either way it was the wrong call but that hit was NOT clean he left his fucking feet. I suppose every player can have both feet off the ice.

Anyone who says he didn't have his feet off the ice at moment of impact i suggest you purchase a DVR and rewatch it... They are BOTH off the ice, as he hits him slightly HIGH.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Except nobody is arguing that...
<

And if Dunc doesn't make that idiotic pass, we don't lose Keith for 20 minutes, and Mayers doesn't get wrecked. I can play the if game too.
<

R K

they disagreed on the hit to the head. At least from what I read.

And again he didn't have the puck.