The All Private Workout-Pro Day Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3[87] RB Devin Singletary [Florida Atlantic] 5'7" 203lbs, 4.66[40], 15 reps, 35" vert, 9'9" broad

The Bears clearly have a need at RB and they have met with Singletary so much that they might be adopting him. Combine, Pro Day, Private Workout, and Halas Hall visit. Singletary does not have the long speed I was expecting the Bears to target. What he does have is incredible feet and vision. His ability to make cuts and find creases is very impressive even if he does not have the long speed to house the carry. Singletary did not catch the ball a lot in 2018, but he showed good hands at the combine and in 2017 he had 18 catches for 180 yards with 2 catches of 40+ yards. Singletary does not have elite size, but he has shocking contact balance and power for a little guy and if you watch his highlight package you will see a guy who is difficult to get on the ground.

USATSI_11292823.jpg

4[126] OG Nate Davis [Charlotte] 6'3" 306lbs, 33" arms, 5.23 [40], 23 reps, 26" vert

Let me start by saying that I would draft Davis simply because of his stance, he looks like a fire hydrant that is about to woop someone. The Bears had contact with Davis at the Senior Bowl and then had him in for a private workout. Davis would provide the Bears with a long term RG and someone that can be groomed for a year with Heistand and prepared to take over in 2020. Davis also fits the mold that both KC and NO use of converting small school college OTs into OGs. Teams with deep playoff aspirations cannot run out of OLmen and we know this is a group that gets hit by injuries every season. Davis would ensure that they have a high upside player that can step in for an injured player and those reps are not wasted on a Witzmann type.

2TLC5M4QSJFQVBNOSLWWMBV2NQ.jpg

5[162] S Mike Edwards [Kentucky] 5'10" 205lbs, 4.52 [40]

The Bears clearly have a need for DB depth and currently have 1 S under contract past the 2019 season. The Bears sent their DB coach to run Edwards Pro Day and there is interest there. Edwards also has the ball production the Bears have valued at the DB spot. Last season he had 6 passes defensed, 2 interceptions, and 1 FF. In his career he has 21 passes defensed and 10 interceptions. He was the leader of the Kentucky secondary and he has the range in the backend that Amos did not.

Mike+Edwards+Eastern+Michigan+v+Kentucky+RUk9qjU95gOl.jpg

7[222] CB Jimmy Moreland [James Madison] 5'11" 179lbs.

The Bears had a private workout with Moreland and he clearly has the crazy ball production a defense that leads the league in turnovers looks for with 18 career interceptions. Moreland lacks elite size, but he is a sticky man coverage guy that can cover outside and inside. The Bears need depth at the CB position and someone who can compete in 2020 for Prince's spot. Moreland's small school status and his non-combine invite may cause a talented guy to fall a little. Moreland also gives the Bears insurance if Skrine gets hurt or struggles.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Ftexans%2Fgm-report%2FuMJXRw0oik2QbMktJSeE8A%2FGaBcf6sdjUyW8kWtaGC8fw

7[238] RB Jalin Moore [App St] 5'10" 212lbs, 27 reps

The Bears have met with, worked out, and had private meetings with just about every RB with a pulse in the draft. I think we are at 16 and counting. Would it shock anyone if the Bears double dipped in the draft at RB. Moore is a physically talented guy who was injured last season and may provide some late round value as he comes back from a broken ankle. Moore had big time production at a lower level averaging 7.4, 5.9, 5.7 and 6.2 yards per carry in his career. He has the size and power that the group lost with Howard leaving. Moore for a bigger back has some long speed and has runs of 81 and multiple 50 yarders in the last 2 season. Moore can come in and provide a big athlete for special teams and fill the 4th RB spot.

Moore_Jalin.ASU_.2-622x415.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been banging the drum for TE, but if you look at the Bears private workouts and meetings trackers they have met with 2 TEs and both are 2nd/3rd round guys.

They have not really met with any day 3 guys at the position.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm not big on Singletary, but the homerun speed isn't exactly my priority for a starting RB. I do want a guy that can find a crease and turn a 0-yard play into a 6 yard gain with one swift move. So I guess instead of a home run, I want to see him hit a double and get us in good position. Well, metaphors suck, but you get the point.

So I think he'd be successful here, but I like other players better. Still, AT LEAST our FO is active in the process with the coaching staff from cradle to grave. The whole show is being run with a clear idea of what they need to do. If Singletary is here, then I am confident that it was not due to a lack of other talent to select.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3[87] RB Devin Singletary [Florida Atlantic] 5'7" 203lbs, 4.66[40], 15 reps, 35" vert, 9'9" broad

The Bears clearly have a need at RB and they have met with Singletary so much that they might be adopting him. Combine, Pro Day, Private Workout, and Halas Hall visit. Singletary does not have the long speed I was expecting the Bears to target. What he does have is incredible feet and vision. His ability to make cuts and find creases is very impressive even if he does not have the long speed to house the carry. Singletary did not catch the ball a lot in 2018, but he showed good hands at the combine and in 2017 he had 18 catches for 180 yards with 2 catches of 40+ yards. Singletary does not have elite size, but he has shocking contact balance and power for a little guy and if you watch his highlight package you will see a guy who is difficult to get on the ground.

USATSI_11292823.jpg

4[126] OG Nate Davis [Charlotte] 6'3" 306lbs, 33" arms, 5.23 [40], 23 reps, 26" vert

Let me start by saying that I would draft Davis simply because of his stance, he looks like a fire hydrant that is about to woop someone. The Bears had contact with Davis at the Senior Bowl and then had him in for a private workout. Davis would provide the Bears with a long term RG and someone that can be groomed for a year with Heistand and prepared to take over in 2020. Davis also fits the mold that both KC and NO use of converting small school college OTs into OGs. Teams with deep playoff aspirations cannot run out of OLmen and we know this is a group that gets hit by injuries every season. Davis would ensure that they have a high upside player that can step in for an injured player and those reps are not wasted on a Witzmann type.

2TLC5M4QSJFQVBNOSLWWMBV2NQ.jpg

5[162] S Mike Edwards [Kentucky] 5'10" 205lbs, 4.52 [40]

The Bears clearly have a need for DB depth and currently have 1 S under contract past the 2019 season. The Bears sent their DB coach to run Edwards Pro Day and there is interest there. Edwards also has the ball production the Bears have valued at the DB spot. Last season he had 6 passes defensed, 2 interceptions, and 1 FF. In his career he has 21 passes defensed and 10 interceptions. He was the leader of the Kentucky secondary and he has the range in the backend that Amos did not.

Mike+Edwards+Eastern+Michigan+v+Kentucky+RUk9qjU95gOl.jpg

7[222] CB Jimmy Moreland [James Madison] 5'11" 179lbs.

The Bears had a private workout with Moreland and he clearly has the crazy ball production a defense that leads the league in turnovers looks for with 18 career interceptions. Moreland lacks elite size, but he is a sticky man coverage guy that can cover outside and inside. The Bears need depth at the CB position and someone who can compete in 2020 for Prince's spot. Moreland's small school status and his non-combine invite may cause a talented guy to fall a little. Moreland also gives the Bears insurance if Skrine gets hurt or struggles.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Ftexans%2Fgm-report%2FuMJXRw0oik2QbMktJSeE8A%2FGaBcf6sdjUyW8kWtaGC8fw

7[238] RB Jalin Moore [App St] 5'10" 212lbs, 27 reps

The Bears have met with, worked out, and had private meetings with just about every RB with a pulse in the draft. I think we are at 16 and counting. Would it shock anyone if the Bears double dipped in the draft at RB. Moore is a physically talented guy who was injured last season and may provide some late round value as he comes back from a broken ankle. Moore had big time production at a lower level averaging 7.4, 5.9, 5.7 and 6.2 yards per carry in his career. He has the size and power that the group lost with Howard leaving. Moore for a bigger back has some long speed and has runs of 81 and multiple 50 yarders in the last 2 season. Moore can come in and provide a big athlete for special teams and fill the 4th RB spot.

Moore_Jalin.ASU_.2-622x415.jpg
Nate Davis looks like he has some serious pro-level #donk to his game

@HawkBear

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Damn Davis looks like a damn beast. Idk much about his play. I think Davis and warring are my two fav players I’ve seen in your mocks to date

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
Since the Bears seem to have no connection to Henderson at all, I would expect Pace to draft him.
Singletary could fall all the way to round 5. That would be a nice pickup. Even in round 4.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
-Some interesting things from the visits

1. Tons of RBs from early to late rounds

2. Not a lot of TEs

3. Decent number of lesser name OLmen

4. The WRs can all run really fast

5. Later round DB targets

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I sometimes kill time with mock drafts, and Nate Davis is in every one. He's just the kind of player to take there: tons of natural ability, good in run and passs game, just needs to polish up his footwork and technique, perfect for Hiestand. Mike Edwards is in plenty of my mocks too, but usually when I trade a pick down and pick up and extra 4th rounder. Not sure he's going to be there in the 5th. To me, that's too high for Singletary but overall this is a great draft.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for comparison sake, the Bears are looking at a RB who is 5-7 and just over 200lbs who runs a 4.66. R. Smith is 6-1, 236 and ran a 4.51. I know the scheme is supposed to get the guys in space but he is going to get chased down by much bigger LBs. His lack of size and his speed scares me. If you don't draft a guy with a burst & speed why get rid of Howard?

Change my mind.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just for comparison sake, the Bears are looking at a RB who is 5-7 and just over 200lbs who runs a 4.66. R. Smith is 6-1, 236 and ran a 4.51. I know the scheme is supposed to get the guys in space but he is going to get chased down by much bigger LBs. His lack of size and his speed scares me. If you don't draft a guy with a burst & speed why get rid of Howard?

Change my mind.

The vision and feet of Singletary allow him to make people miss. In fact he led the NCAA

Broken tackle percentage

Singletary 43%
Jacobs 39%
Montgomery 36%
Ozigbo 30%
Weber 26%

He is very hard to corral in tight spaces and part of that is that he has really good vision and sees and hits the hole hard and early, [thats what she said].

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Change my mind.

I also wouldn't say he does not have burst. He does not have long speed and those are different things.

He was not used in the passing game much, but he apparently was asked to work out with the WRs as a slot guy after the combine and did well.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The vision and feet of Singletary allow him to make people miss. In fact he led the NCAA

Broken tackle percentage

Singletary 43%
Jacobs 39%
Montgomery 36%
Ozigbo 30%
Weber 26%

He is very hard to corral in tight spaces and part of that is that he has really good vision and sees and hits the hole hard and early, [thats what she said].
he def looks good in that regard but out of those RB's listed, didnt he face the easiest level of competition by comparison?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
he def looks good in that regard but out of those RB's listed, didnt he face the easiest level of competition by comparison?

Probably, although I do not really have any respect for Big 12 defenses.

He would not be my first choice, but this much smoke has to be a little something.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
trayveon would be my first choice, i just question if he has enough power to fight for those short yardage scenarios

napo55

Liked Posts:
Two questions:

(1) What's the chance Singletary makes it to pick 126, allowing a DB to be picked with #87?

(2) Why no love for Darrell Henderson? 9 ypc two years in a row with huge yardage totals deserves some respect. Plus a very dangerous receiver. Are we overthinking things here?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Gotta love this place. Posters critique Howard as fat, slow, not explosive, and cannot catch (but he proved he could last year.)

And now that the Bears are moonlighting a slow, non-explosive guy, who didn't catch much in college...."I don't mind if we don't get a fast guy, as long as he has vision..." -->like effing HOWARD!!????

lol...please.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I guess you do like the Jalen Moore i asked you about.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gotta love this place. Posters critique Howard as fat, slow, not explosive, and cannot catch (but he proved he could last year.)

And now that the Bears are moonlighting a slow, non-explosive guy, who didn't catch much in college...."I don't mind if we don't get a fast guy, as long as he has vision..." -->like effing HOWARD!!????

lol...please.
Seriously, Pace apologists trying to reconcile Howard being traded will LOOOOOOOOOVE the pick somehow, and try to say he's an upgrade. Imagine if Pace trades up to get him LM*AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO