The Big 3

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
League starts tonight. I like this league. Watching the older players still balling. Fun concept and should be around for awhile

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
League starts tonight. I like this league. Watching the older players still balling. Fun concept and should be around for awhile
They added some more teams, and took it to multi city formats, kinda watered down the big names a bit by spreading them out but still some really good players. New format though which has what looks to be 3 games in one city, then 3 games in another with only 1 game televised in each city just doesn't feel like a step in the right direction, either does switching from Fox to CBS but it's good to see it still hanging around. I know they are trying to bridge the gap with the NBA but I really wish they'd just go to Olympic style rules for this league. It's much faster pace as more fun, but it's less street ball which seems to be the demographic. I like the ball hogs, I don't think they're very good, but I always liked the White Mamba.

Playing in Detroit on Saturday, breaking everything down and moving it to Indy for sunday's game just seems like way to much effort.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's just something about Power that makes me think they'll win it all every year. Cat is so smooth

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There's just something about Power that makes me think they'll win it all every year. Cat is so smooth
Bird man...

But yeah, they're stacked. They got really lucky in the draft last year it seems.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me tell you though...Mahmoud can still get buckets at 50. Rashard Lewis called him the real Uncle Drew...I dig it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is Craig Smith and how is he the 2nd leading scorer so far lol

Joe Johnson still getting mad buckets

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stephen Jackson's team also doing pretty darn well. People didn't know about Frank Nitty unless they really follow Drew league and that scene

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Another game winner for Joe. 4 pt shot this time. He's the man in this league. If they can get more guys like him the league quality would go way up.

Side note, I play basketball very low key pickup game and about 2 months ago Pargo was there playing in the big boy game with guys like Randy Brown. I didn't know he was an assistant with blazers and he played very well today with Triplets.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another game winner for Joe. 4 pt shot this time. He's the man in this league. If they can get more guys like him the league quality would go way up.

Side note, I play basketball very low key pickup game and about 2 months ago Pargo was there playing in the big boy game with guys like Randy Brown. I didn't know he was an assistant with blazers and he played very well today with Triplets.
Yeah Iso Joe is tearing up the league. The guy could legitimately still find a spot in the league if he wanted to. Perhaps as the Big 3 becomes more popular some of the older NBA players will start heading over. I could easily see Vince Carter playing in the Big 3.

I thought Pargo was a coach on on the DLeague Bulls, but either way cool. He's a streaky shooter but when he hits he really hits.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I believe he played at Boston College. Undersized power forward for the NBA but dominated the college ranks. He would have faced the Illini in the Sweet 16 had they not been upset in '05

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Iso Joe is tearing up the league. The guy could legitimately still find a spot in the league if he wanted to. Perhaps as the Big 3 becomes more popular some of the older NBA players will start heading over. I could easily see Vince Carter playing in the Big 3.

I thought Pargo was a coach on on the DLeague Bulls, but either way cool. He's a streaky shooter but when he hits he really hits.
Stoudemire has been working out with team scouts around.