The Bulls, 5 Games In...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
4 games in is way to early to tell. The 90-91 Bulls started 1-3 and won it all. Cleveland will hit stride once everyone learns their role.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cavs organization definitely is far from a stand up model of success. Deng clearly hated it there. I suppose we'll see how much it actually plays into their success, but I have a feeling GM Lebron will find a way to whip them into shape.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I'll say is, I want you guys to be absolutely correct

So now LeBron (who is not getting any younger) will have to play daddy to a bunch of undisciplined losers, while being backed up with 2 guys, who only know how to lose (but golly gee gosh, they sure look purdy doing it). So he can worry about reeling in romper room, instead of getting better, and making a run for the title.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Cavs organization definitely is far from a stand up model of success. Deng clearly hated it there. I suppose we'll see how much it actually plays into their success, but I have a feeling GM Lebron will find a way to whip them into shape.

Deng liked it for like one day...he thought they had a good training facility lol

but it was like a week later Deng was saying how he didn't like it and how some of the stuff going on would never happen in Chicago lol

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Anyone see Around the Horn today?

They were trying to discuss if Rose's career is done, because he tweaked his ankle last night.
I don't even remember him getting injured. He just fell and had to shake it out.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It's way too early to tell what either the Bulls or Cavs will be like come playoff time. I will say this though. I do not agree with the Cavs being the favorites simply because Lebron n Love are there. They have far more ?s than the Bulls do. To start, they added 11 new players, a new coach, and a new system. They have to build chemistry and a new culture and that doesn't happen overnight, especially when there's a history of selfish behavior already instilled in some of their young guys. Contrast that with the Bulls, who've maintained their core group and merely added a few new pieces to round out the bench. Gasol has eased right into his role on offense n defense. The rookies are all working hard n playing unselfish ball. Add to the mix one of the best coaches in the game in Thibs, I find it a bit silly that the majority of posters here don't feel the Bulls are favorites, when the majority of sports analysts do.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's way too early to tell what either the Bulls or Cavs will be like come playoff time. I will say this though. I do not agree with the Cavs being the favorites simply because Lebron n Love are there. They have far more ?s than the Bulls do. To start, they added 11 new players, a new coach, and a new system. They have to build chemistry and a new culture and that doesn't happen overnight, especially when there's a history of selfish behavior already instilled in some of their young guys. Contrast that with the Bulls, who've maintained their core group and merely added a few new pieces to round out the bench. Gasol has eased right into his role on offense n defense. The rookies are all working hard n playing unselfish ball. Add to the mix one of the best coaches in the game in Thibs, I find it a bit silly that the majority of posters here don't feel the Bulls are favorites, when the majority of sports analysts do.

Their top three guys are better than our top three are. Our back-up guys are better than theirs. But we also are a helluva lot more iffy physically. I really am concerned about Rose and Noah for the long haul. I just do not understand why Rose gets so many joint injuries and really question what his long term future is. It seems that his flexibility in his joints is for shit and that is not a good thing. I think that next year, their number one draft choice should be a point guard.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My biggest surprise is the play of Gasol. He has been probably the best player thus far for the Bulls. Another surprise has been the play of Brooks. I am impressed about his about his ability to run the point and isn't afraid to make a big shot. I do believe, though, that they need to trade for a good shooting guard.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Bulls should be favorites. Best front court in the NBA, all-star caliber PG, an improved Jimmy Butler and improved perimeter shooting.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Anyone see Around the Horn today?

They were trying to discuss if Rose's career is done, because he tweaked his ankle last night.
I don't even remember him getting injured. He just fell and had to shake it out.
Yep the guy is made of glass.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The Bulls should be favorites. Best front court in the NBA, all-star caliber PG, an improved Jimmy Butler and improved perimeter shooting.

Your not talking about D Rose are you? If so, can't be a All Star when you miss so much time due to injuries.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bron has not been usual Bron

hes being passive and letting Kyrie/Waiters take all the shots they want

im not on the Cavs nuts but its to early to say how good they are gonna be....give them a few months atleast...not a few games

Waiters isn't playing that much.

I'd be surprised if he was a Cav for the rest of the season.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Its waaayyyy early into the season but a quick analysis so far...

1. The Bulls are the team to beat in the East. The Cavaliers and their coach have a lot to learn, its early but unless the Cavs make major adjustments they might not beat Miami or Toronto in the playoffs.

2. Pau Gasol has been the MVP of the Bulls. his scoring, rebounding, and defense has been so good that Joakim Noah has been an afterthought. The difference between Boozer and Gasol is a perfect example of why statistics are overrated because they don't tell the complete story.

3. Offensive rebounding could keep this team from winning it all. Once Joakim, Rose, Butler, and Gasol are all healthy and in the starting lineup rebounding should improve but the Bulls still need to get more rebounding out of the starting SF position. MDJ and his 3 rebs a game isn't the answer.

4. Mirotic is the X-Factor. If he can develop a midrange game and learn to grab some offensive rebounds he could be rookie of the year. Thibs is starting to show more confidence in Niko' by giving him more minutes than Dough-Mac, and by midseason he could overtake MDJ for starting SF.
Noah, Pau, Niko, Jimmy, and Rose = Not 1, Not 2, Not 3....Championships???

Overall...

This might be the best offensive AND defensive Bulls team we have seen since MJ, Pip, and Phil left town. The bench is loaded with weapons, Jimmy and Derrick can defend any backcourt, and the Noah/Taj/Gasol 3-headed monster will terrorize opposing PF/C's. Health is the real opponent for this team so buckle up for the long ride.

I said it when Cleveland hired Blatt, it would have to be seen if he could adapt to not just the NBA but NBA players. It takes a special coach to successfully work with superstars who dominate their team to win championships. Phil obviously did in two places because the players respected him, Spoelstra did because he had Riley behind him. With Cleveland you've got James who has won a pair of rings and lost 3 times in the finals, So he's seen what it takes and he might want to tell the new coach what he thinks will work.

It's obvious on offense Gasol is looking at what he can do even when he isn't involved in the play. On defense damn more than a night and day difference with Boozer. It's like having 5 defenders on the floor all the time for a change.

I think the rebounding suffers because Rose, Noah and Butler have been out. Guys are having to adjust to getting into rebounding position with different people on the floor. When Gibson plays with Gasol he floats outside a bit more than he would coming off the bench previously with Boozer out there. Hinrich at the point can't rebound like he does at the 2, Butler goes inside more than Hinrich when he's at the 2, McDermott needs to understand NBA rebounding better.

Mirotic is going to take some more time to get minutes, he's too slow to play the 3 and needs to be stringer to play more at the 4.

I would like to wait until everybody is healthy so the starters can get time together and the bench can get into a groove as a unit before forming a serious opinion on good they can be. Right now with only one guy out at a time they're contenders in the east.

czman

Liked Posts:
4. Mirotic is the X-Factor. If he can develop a midrange game and learn to grab some offensive rebounds he could be rookie of the year. Thibs is starting to show more confidence in Niko' by giving him more minutes than Dough-Mac, and by midseason he could overtake MDJ for starting SF.
Noah, Pau, Niko, Jimmy, and Rose = Not 1, Not 2, Not 3....Championships???

Only want to discuss point 4.

I like what I have seen from Mirotic, but I don't see him guarding SFs regularly in the NBA. He has decent speed and quickness for a PF, but SFs will eat him alive. He is a bigger mismatch at the 4. Hi might be able to improve his lateral quickness and explosiveness with proper NBA training, but that not something the Bulls are known for.

His defensive rebounding is what he needs to work on. He has been bad there. As a stretch 4 he does not need to be a good offensive rebounder. I like what I have seen, but I think he needs to spend an off season or two working on his body. Almost all players have to do that, and just because he was a pro in Europe does not mean he does not have to do it. I hope being around guys like Noah and Gibson will allow him to pick up some good habits.

That is the one positive about the Boozer signing. Boozer is a workout warrior and he supposedly had a big impact on the locker room and strength training. Hopefully that will continue not that he is gone.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I said it when Cleveland hired Blatt, it would have to be seen if he could adapt to not just the NBA but NBA players. It takes a special coach to successfully work with superstars who dominate their team to win championships. Phil obviously did in two places because the players respected him, Spoelstra did because he had Riley behind him.

That's a heck of a good point. Who's got Blatt's back if any of those guys start tuning him out or aren't with the program? Dan Gilbert? He just got on his knees and begged a guy he had disowned to come back to the team. Not happening. Blatt's on his own here, for better or worse, and I'm not sure he's got the cred or organization behind him to pull it off if things don't go as planned.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a heck of a good point. Who's got Blatt's back if any of those guys start tuning him out or aren't with the program? Dan Gilbert? He just got on his knees and begged a guy he had disowned to come back to the team. Not happening. Blatt's on his own here, for better or worse, and I'm not sure he's got the cred or organization behind him to pull it off if things don't go as planned.

Gilbert is a sniveling bitch boy. His letter was laughable, because:

a) he let his franchise turn to dog shit, from a commitment to excellence perspective.

and

b) him blowing LeBron, asshole naked in the middle of State Street, would have been less homo, than the tail wagging he did to get LeBron back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
i agree with you

i would love to play for the Heat and Riley...they run a pretty good organization

Cleveland is a mess and that was a big reason i didn't think Bron would go back

:gtfo:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard a stat today that shocked me. The Cavs all world point guard has not had an asset in his last 90 minutes of NBA play. No wonder why Lebron is pissed off. This is going to be an interesting situation with a rookie coach. Lebron needs the ball and while Love is not a demanding player, he is too good not to get fed the ball. They all have egos. It will be interesting.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said it when Cleveland hired Blatt, it would have to be seen if he could adapt to not just the NBA but NBA players. It takes a special coach to successfully work with superstars who dominate their team to win championships. Phil obviously did in two places because the players respected him, Spoelstra did because he had Riley behind him. With Cleveland you've got James who has won a pair of rings and lost 3 times in the finals, So he's seen what it takes and he might want to tell the new coach what he thinks will work.

It's obvious on offense Gasol is looking at what he can do even when he isn't involved in the play. On defense damn more than a night and day difference with Boozer. It's like having 5 defenders on the floor all the time for a change.

I think the rebounding suffers because Rose, Noah and Butler have been out. Guys are having to adjust to getting into rebounding position with different people on the floor. When Gibson plays with Gasol he floats outside a bit more than he would coming off the bench previously with Boozer out there. Hinrich at the point can't rebound like he does at the 2, Butler goes inside more than Hinrich when he's at the 2, McDermott needs to understand NBA rebounding better.

Mirotic is going to take some more time to get minutes, he's too slow to play the 3 and needs to be stringer to play more at the 4.

I would like to wait until everybody is healthy so the starters can get time together and the bench can get into a groove as a unit before forming a serious opinion on good they can be. Right now with only one guy out at a time they're contenders in the east.

Good post. I don't agree with some of it but good post nevertheless. Where I disagree is about Mirotic. I think that right now he is strong enough to play power forward. His strength actually is much better than I thought it was. Where he needs improvement the most is when he puts the ball on the floor. He isn't slow for a small forward in my eyes, he just needs to be aware of the guards jumping in at him when he starter toward the basket. He can and will beat pretty much anyone one on one but he needs better court awareness which will come in time.

For sure, Mirotic will not have many guys that he can't shoot over, especially at Small Forward and he will be too quick for most PFS and no centers. He will find it tough to guard the big physical PFs but that is always the case with rookies and what is good to see is that he is not afraid to mix it up. He doesn't play like a soft euro.

As for McDermott, he just needs to hang tough. He is a true rookie unlike Mirotic and it will take a bit of time for him. He will be a success. There is not a question in my mind that he will not be a good NBA player. He'll settle in.