The Butler Trade with Boston I would have liked to see...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per David Aldridge the other day the hangup in the Butler deal was Chicago wanting Jae Crowder. Whatever.

This is the trade I would have wanted:

Celtics Get:
Jimmy Butler

Bulls Get:
'17 1st Round Pick(Nets-Unprotected)
Amir Johnson
Jaylen Brown
James Young
Jordan Mickey

EngineerGuY

Liked Posts:
Agreed... I could have lived with that deal! This front office just needs to go. A new culture needs to be implemented for the Bulls, starting in the front office on down.

:obama:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I heard a report that said the Celtics wanted the pick top 3 protected which is why nothing happened.

I don't have a source on that one though.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard a report that said the Celtics wanted the pick top 3 protected which is why nothing happened.

Interesting.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Yeah, that would have been a deal breaker for me too.

Lots of ways to make this trade happen using legal tricks (more than just what the good ol'e ESPN Trade Machine allows for) and yet, it's as if the Bulls are totally inept to figuring out those angles. This would have been one of those instances more than others where loopholes come into play.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

im calling BS as the pick belongs to the Nets

only way it could work is the top 3 protection was only for this year and we got the 2018 pick no matter where it landed...but then why not just offer the 2018 pick? it would be ridiculous to demand such a provision.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Celtics want the ability to get a top 3 pick and also sign a big free agent this offseason. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted it protected.

Celtics were smart to stand pat. If they get their picks right, the Celtics are looking at a dynasty.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't get why so many have a hard on for Jae Crowder, he's nothing special.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Crowder's a solid player who really improved his 3 pt shot this season. His eFG% and TS% are through the roof this season. He's a good, albeit not great defender. Plus, if you looked at his contract, you can easily see why he's so valued. With the CBA going up and scrubs getting paid like hall of famers, Crowder will be getting paid "just" 6-7 million a season until 2019-2020. If he hit the open market today, he would be a lock to make at least 14 million a season....but probably closer to 16-17+

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Crowder is awesome, he can guard 2-4, hustles his tail off. Can do a little bit of everything on offense, not particularly great at one thing though. My Mavs really fucked up on that one by trading him to BOS. Now, as Enasic pointed out, he's on one of the best bargain contracts in the league. I can see why the Bulls wanted him included.