The Direction of the Team

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

3 PRO BOWL CALIBER PLAYERS AND TWO LOW ROUND PICKS FOR TWO MID ROUND PICKS? That is getting value in return?

IT didn't work that way. The way it worked is that Pace played a shitty game of cards with the Jets and the Pats. Maybe Pace decided to bet on the Jets to make the Super Bowl next year:)
Well then the Jets should probably get a quarterback.
Ill give them Cutler for their first and second. Half of his favorite targets are already there anyway.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is some opinion here that Forte doesn't fit Fox's system as a RB. You say that there is a good chance that Langford will perform well in Fox's system. I guess that I am not impressed with Langford. I think he is a one trick pony. He needs a hole and goes down easily at first contact. I think that Carey is more a fit and would not be surprised if the Bears draft Elliot and even trade up to get him.

I've also been saying that Forte doesn't fit what Fox wants in a RB and believe that to be true but i'm also still hesitant with Langford only because he hasn't shown enough yet and they're not just looking for another RB just for the hell of it, so there's obviously some hesitance with Fox and Pace as well. Langford did show some good things and i'm not counting him out on being able to be the starting RB with Carey backing him up so this will be a big year for him if he does end up being the starter. E.Elliott would be great to have but it would be tough knowing we could of had a new starting OLB, CB or OT with that pick instead of another RB but having Elliott would still be nice to have.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
IT didn't work that way. The way it worked is that Pace played a shitty game of cards with the Jets and the Pats. Maybe Pace decided to bet on the Jets to make the Super Bowl next year

Glad Pace wasn't the GM of the Bears when Walter Payton Criticized coaching and complained he wasn't getting the ball enough in the early 80's...

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
He still had almost 1300 all purpose yards in just 13 games last year in this offense, so it's not like he doesn't fit in this offense

Letting forte go had more to do with his age than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortes rushing #s weren't that great. And we have basically the same type of back in Langford. And they want that type of back to de more of a secondary/change of pace back. So it made no sense to screw up the remainder of Matt's career bringing him back to appease sentimental fans.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
1) last year was proof defense wins championships
2) I'll cut them slack on focusing on the d because this is year 2 of transitioning to a 3/4 for a team that's been a 4/3 since inception

Nothing to see here

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see us trading UP for EE. If we trade up it'll be for a QB (Wentz or Goff). If EE falls to us, and W/G are gone? Well, anything is possible. I think they take a RB in the 4th-6th to compliment Langford/Carey/ETC. They want a RBBC I think, not one workhorse.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it can be easily disproven then why didn't you disprove it?? Is disproven even a word?? Did the Lions have Calvin "mother fucking" Johnson in the red zone?? How about G.Tate?? Did they have a big mobile TE in E.Ebron in the red zone?? J.Bell can run up the middle....Forte can't.

Nice try at deflection, it might work with your run of the mill grade school cohorts, but it won't work with me.

Now let's revisit the point you TRIED to make:

You need a running back capable of running up the middle to have a competent red zone offense.

I disproved this statement in it's entirety. Pointing out the Lions WR's and their roles in the redzone doesn't make your case, it helps to disprove it. If you want to do a comparison to Detroit's red zone attack: Forte to Riddick, Bennet to Ebron. Who would you rather have?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel positive about the direction of the team.

I think Pace is taking his time, and building a solid foundation to the team. This team is more talented than the dysfunctional mess that Emery assembled.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pros to Offensive Personnel Changes
- Getting younger at the skilled positions overall
- Developing their own players through the draft
- Developing players that are high character that will buy into the system
- Speed on the perimeter with White complements Jeffery's physicality well
- More depth on the offensive line
- More money to spend in FA

Cons
- Less proven talent in 2016
- Forte's leadership will be missed

That about sums it up

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Pace is taking his time, and building a solid foundation to the team. This team is more talented than the dysfunctional mess that Emery assembled.

The "foundation" is built in the trenches. This is the same regime that last year failed to address the right tackle position, and then tried to cover their collective ass's by moving Long. They also dumped Foster at kept Shea McClellin.

Suddenly there I lot of blind faith that they actually know what they are doing this year.

The only thing they have done to address either line (at this point) is to pick up a so so Right tackle, and use a 2nd round pick last year on the DL.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The "foundation" is built in the trenches. This is the same regime that last year failed to address the right tackle position, and then tried to cover their collective ass's by moving Long. They also dumped Foster at kept Shea McClellin.

Suddenly there I lot of blind faith that they actually know what they are doing this year.

The only thing they have done to address either line (at this point) is to pick up a so so Right tackle, and use a 2nd round pick last year on the DL.

Nick's? And adding TWO middle linebackers who can actually play, effectively helps sure up " the trenches"

That's 3 players on defense and one on offense and the draft hasn't started yet...

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The defense, no doubt, needed to be re-built. Trestman and Emery basically said "Defense, who gives a shit about defense...?" Hence them putting a half-tard at DC, and jettisoning all the pro-bowlers.

But why did we need to rebuild an offense laden with (by my count) 6 pro-bowlers?

Did we need to bolster the line? Sure. Bushrod was done. And Jordan Mills (contrary to what many on here thought) was a complete disaster.

But we had a top tier scoring offense, did we not? Think we were #2 or #3 in scoring?

So why is Fox/Pace rebuilding?

And let's be clear.

Midget man Loggains < Gase

One-legged-White < Marshall

31 year old journey-man oft-injured Miller < Bennett

Greasy hands Langford < Forte

And Grasu < Montgomery

I feel we've downgraded on weapons, coaching, and at least one position in protection.

You throw assumptions around like they're facts.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Obviously you're wrong because some people here already know the results of the season before the off season is even a month old.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fortes rushing #s weren't that great. And we have basically the same type of back in Langford. And they want that type of back to de more of a secondary/change of pace back. So it made no sense to screw up the remainder of Matt's career bringing him back to appease sentimental fans.

Langford is much different runner than Forte. Langford runs to there they diagram the play and isn't a cut back guy. Forte runs to daylight. Question to you........ Until he was hurt last year, wasn't the running back rotation a good one. You do know that in 2014 that Forte had over 1900 combined yards did he not? THis has nothing to do with sentiment. This has to do with PRODUCTION just as it did with Marshall and Bennett. Three big time PRODUCERS who are worth more than what the Bears valued them at.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

3 PRO BOWL CALIBER PLAYERS AND TWO LOW ROUND PICKS FOR TWO MID ROUND PICKS? That is getting value in return?

IT didn't work that way. The way it worked is that Pace played a shitty game of cards with the Jets and the Pats. Maybe Pace decided to bet on the Jets to make the Super Bowl next year:)

Checkmate.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
On paper, I'm quite happy with the most of the changes being made. The defense looks to have been upgraded significantly, and we still have the draft the look forward to. However, I'm worried that the offense might be in for a season of growing pains, unless we have some rookies/K.White step up big. But if it means we're built for the long haul, so be it. Anything to avoid the annual clown shows of seasons past.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Langford is much different runner than Forte. Langford runs to there they diagram the play and isn't a cut back guy. Forte runs to daylight. Question to you........ Until he was hurt last year, wasn't the running back rotation a good one. You do know that in 2014 that Forte had over 1900 combined yards did he not? THis has nothing to do with sentiment. This has to do with PRODUCTION just as it did with Marshall and Bennett. Three big time PRODUCERS who are worth more than what the Bears valued them at.
1000 yards rushing per season isn't that hard to replace and they want a more physical back. All I'm saying is I understand the plan and I hope it works.