The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Bears vs Bucs

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Good

Great to see Eddie Goldman back out there to complete what has become the best DL this team has fielded since its last playoff run. Four games straight now the Bear defense has come out to completely suffocate the opposing offense. They are killing run games and getting after the quarterback. Leonard Floyd is continuing the tear he has been on since the trip to Green Bay. Getting yet another sack on Winston himself and sharing another, puts him at 4.5 sacks in three games. Losing Winston while he ran twenty yards backward was pretty unforgivable, but all in all...Floyd is starting to live up to his Draft Stock. McPhee also had another sack to put him at two in two games. Even better was the sack came right after a very lame roughing the passer call, so he could take back all the yards that dipstick ref had no business giving out. Cornelius Washington continues to make his case as a force in the pass rush at DE. Overall, this Front Seven is fiinally living up to my offseason expectations.

Where my expectations are being exceeded is one Jordan Howard. His running is getting better every game. Even when it is painfully obvious that all the Bears are going to do is feed Howard the ball...he stilll somehow racks off thirteen yards on you. Then does it again just to pour salt in the wound. He has been so good, I was struggling to even remember Jeremy Langford's name.

(I kept wanting to call him Langley)

For as much as the Bear Offense has lost since Emery/Trestman were exilied...it is nice to finally see them gain something. Going forward, Jordan Howard needs to be the Centerpiece of this offense...just as Matt Forte was before him.

The Bad

Man oh man. It feels like I have been keeping this seat warm for you for ages, Jay.

Heck, when Hoyer was doing his thing...I thought I would never get the chance to blast Jay Cutler for being Jay Cutler again. Thanks for not failing me, boyo.

Vintage Jay Cutler this afternoon. Defense was playing lights out. Howard was looking just as sharp as he had on Halloween Night. Offensive Line was healthy and doing their job. Alshon was making great catches that only Alshon can make for this offense. Then Cutler just ruins the entire momentum of the game all by himself.

The first pick was ugly. Cutler locks in on Jeffrey for the fifth straight time and even the League's worst secondary gets a nice play on the ball.
Defense bails him out just so he can throw an even worse pass and let Chris freaking Conte score his first NFL touchdown.

(Yes, that Chris Conte)

And the downward spiral just continued. Overthrown passes, underthrown passes, screen passes that went thirty feet in the air and endzone passes that were barely three feet in the air. A horrid shovel pass that no one saw coming and led to Jay's biggest cheerleader (and the team's best O-Lineman) leaving the game on a cart. Throw in two more fumbles, one in the endzone for two points, and you have every reason why this Franchise needs a new quarterback. I honestly thought maybe we should get another look at Matt Barkely after the Safety, but funk that. Let Jay stew in his own feces for sixty minutes so we can stop with all the talk about how this team rallies around him and the Bears are a better team with him.

Instead, Jay Cutler was a one man anchor today. Cementing this team's spot at the bottom of the NFC.

The Ugly

The Lions all got to sit on their respective couches and eat Doritios all afternoon and it got them into first place of the NFC North. The Lions just may win their first division title since Dave Wannstedt first season as HC for the Chicago Bears and it is because the rest of the Division is just laying down and dying in front of them. The Vikes have an OL that has reached Defcon 2. Dom Capers and the Packer Defense just made the Titans look like the 2007 Patriots.

8-8 is looking like a division winning record and still the Bears have no shot at a Division Title...again. The OL is injured again. The QB is going to be neutered again. John Fox is going to revert to playing 1920's football again. Alshon Jeffrey is going to dislike playing in the city of Chicago again. The Defense is not going to be able to keep shutting out opposing offenses in the first half again and again and again and again. Better QBs are going to tear up our secondary again. Better defenses are going to shut down this inept offense again.

Mostly importantly, Bear Nation is going to feel like this entire season was a waste of time and effort....again.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Please put punt and kick returners in the uglyear category.

Did fox not get the memo that the ball is now placed on the 25 after touchbacks? His returners consistantly take the ball from 3 yards deep all they way out to the 15 or the 12 or the 9.

And the punt returners have been as awful.

Think we had -13 net yards of offense in the 2nd half until foxy called timeout before the 2 mins warning to get some momentum heading into the showdown with the giants next week!