The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Thursday Night (Lambaeu Field Edition)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Good

leonardfloydpackers.jpg

Lost in all the late game failures is how ridiculously good the Bear Defense has been to open two consecutive games now. The blown fourth quarter lead against the Jags was a bad blow, but the offense should have put that game away before that anyhow.

That was the Blake Bortles at Solider Field...this was Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field.

And the Defense not only kept him out of the endzone for 36 minutes, but got into that endzone themselves first. You can tell me all day about Aaron Rodgers struggling, but so has the Chicago Bear Defense...for half of Rodgers' career.

Welcome to the NFL Leonard Floyd! Two sacks and six points?!? Way to make Ryan Pace look less like an idiot on Prime Time!

Freeman had another nice game including that monster Goal Line Stop. And just who are you Cre'von LeBlanc? Rodgers picked on this kid mercilessly until he realized it was not worth it. His night was not flawless, but had some nice pass break ups and rarely allowed any YAC. The whole secondary was on lock down that first half against a formidable quarterback...slumping or not.

(Although I must say that if I had a choice between DaVante Bausby, Jacoby Glenn or Death...I would welcome the taste of that pistol in my mouth)

It has been slow and painful at times, but Fangio's Boys are starting to show me something. With the help of some clever stunts...the pass rush is coming to life. If there is any reason left to keep watching this team for the next ten weeks, the growth of this unit will be it. Houston will be missed, but if McPhee can shake off the rust, Floyd/Young can keep up the nice showings and a healthy Goldman shows up after the Bye...Bear Nation might see another W before 2017.

The Bad

With all due respect to the defense, this game was over the moment Hoyer grabbed his arm.

Watching Matt Barkley took me back to 2004 so quickly, I got car sick. That is okay though, I expected him to be bad. Jordan Howard having his second bad week hurt. Just as the defense got some health back...the offensive line takes two steps back. I got to wonder what Ted Larsen did to not only lose his job to a rookie, but did not even get the start at guard over a reserve Center that has never played Guard in his entire life. Not that it would matter as Kyle Long left the game with Hoyer causing Fox no other choice than to grumble Larsen's number.

(The Ghost of Matt Slauson's Contract just started laughing again)

Third String OL.

Third String RB.

Third String QB.

And can anybody tell me one single positive reason Logan Paulsen is on this team?

He can't catch, can't block and can't line up right. But he is fantastic at blowing assignments and jumping offsides.

I have always argued that no one in the NFL intentionally tanks, but this offense would be Exhibit A for the defense of that theory. Every piece they stripped away is being exposed and if I am Alshon Jeffrey, I am getting far away from this mess in the offseason. All this losing gets inside of your head and Alshon has the talent to be a playmaker on a functional offense. I would love to keep him, but if I were to have an honest conversation with him, it with end with “Run!”

The Ugly

I know the Cubbies and all that, but I had the morning news on in Chicago for close to an hour in the background while I started my day and there was not a single mention of this game.

Yes the Bears suck and the Cubs pulled in a big win while the Bears continued to suck, but there was nothing. Even the Blackhawks got a few minutes. Once again (and pay attention Virginia)...

The Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers played in Prime Time and no one in Chicago cared.

I know it's bad, but that is down right U-G-L-Y...with no reprieve in sight.

The extra time off is nice, but this may be the scariest Halloween in recent memory for the Solider Field.

Does Matt Barkley get the start on Prime Time?

Does Eric Kush learn how to play Guard with a full week of practice time?

Will Ted Larsen break Aikem Hicks' jaw in practice to set this team another hundred miles backward?

Will the coaches finally give Kadeem Carey some meaningful touches?

Was Jordan Howard a Two Game Wonder?

Was Leonard Floyd a One Game Wonder?

Can Pernell McPhee be a One Knee Wonder?

Will I ever be able to name the entire Bears' Secondary without using Google?

Am I the only poster on this message board that loved the television show 'Soap'?

These questions, and many more, will be answered on the next episode of: 'The Bad News Bears Bore Chicago'.