The Health of This Team

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
isn't it just phenomenal how guys have gotten hurt during the season but they managed these injuries so outstandingly! This upcoming game against the Eagles should see Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Jackson, Long not to mention Shaheen suited up and ready to play! it's just so nice to see how most of this team has managed to make it to this point in the season! Shout out to the Strength and Condition Staff and Team Doctors! Nagy and Pace have done an outstanding job managing this team and putting all the right people there in place. It really makes a huge difference being able to field a mostly healthy team.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's crazy that we've only lost Callahan for the season, that's truly remarkable. Let's hope Jackson can go, would love to get Lynch back too, but it's looking unlikely. Long coming back was a big surprise.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
It's crazy that we've only lost Callahan for the season, that's truly remarkable. Let's hope Jackson can go, would love to get Lynch back too, but it's looking unlikely. Long coming back was a big surprise.

Ummmm, Sam Acho begs to differ lol.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Its why seizing their chance to win it all this year is so important. Chances are they will not be so fortunate in the 2019 regular season.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I can't remember the last time the team was this healthy. I want to say 2011 was the last time and coincidentally that was also the last time the Bears made a playoff run. Consistency and live game reps with the starters for a full season is so good for their growth and development.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember the pre-season when fans and media were having a titty attack because Nagy didn't want wear and tear on his starters in meaningless games? I member. He knew what he was doing. Whodathunkit?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Whatever the Bears had the last few years appears to have moved up north to Green Bay.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Its why seizing their chance to win it all this year is so important. Chances are they will not be so fortunate in the 2019 regular season.

more concerned about them keeping the personnel they have above all else lol

what matters is they're awesome today, so strike while the iron's hot. incidentally with the departure of Alshon Jeffery I think the barrage of soft tissue injuries went with him. has he been healthy with the Eagles I wonder?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
more concerned about them keeping the personnel they have above all else lol

what matters is they're awesome today, so strike while the iron's hot. incidentally with the departure of Alshon Jeffery I think the barrage of soft tissue injuries went with him. has he been healthy with the Eagles I wonder?

Alshon has been doing his Amukamara impression. Leaves the game looking hobbled but comes back in to play. I think he did miss games though. Yup, played 13 games this season.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Remember the pre-season when fans and media were having a titty attack because Nagy didn't want wear and tear on his starters in meaningless games? I member. He knew what he was doing. Whodathunkit?

LOL at this. I remember thinking that limiting Trubisky's preseason snaps was not the best idea, and it showed in Week 1 of the regular season.

I think the improved Bears health has much more to do with Pace than Nagy. The Bears 2018 roster has better athletes. None of their 22 regular starters were older than 29 years old. Pace's improved drafting allowed the Bears to move away from relying on aging free agents, who invariably would get injured. It might be circular logic, but I think having better starters limits your injuries. The old Bears would simply plow through an entire list of safeties in one season...none of them NFL caliber, all of them lasting a few games before getting hurt/concussed.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Health and luck is a huge part of a super bowl run. Bears have one of those, let’s see if they have the other.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to throw kudos around too, but a lot of this stuff is sheer luck...and good drugs.

And as far as Nagy resting guys paying off...if we beat GB week one instead of choking...or beat the Giants by not playing Daniel...we skip the first round of the playoffs. What could be more important than that?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I like to throw kudos around too, but a lot of this stuff is sheer luck...and good drugs.

And as far as Nagy resting guys paying off...if we beat GB week one instead of choking...or beat the Giants by not playing Daniel...we skip the first round of the playoffs. What could be more important than that?

I thought it was odd that Nagy played his starters virtually the entire Minnesota game; they almost immediately had nothing to play for as the Rams went up 14-0 on the Niners in their first couple plays. It was the opposite of his approach to the Giants game where Nagy didn't even allow the 'threat' of Trubisky for the Giants D.

If the Bears end up losing to the Eagles, then I'd surmise there will be some second-guessing of Nagy playing his starters against Minnesota and helping Philly make the postseason, as I think its somewhat obvious that the Bears would rather face a dome team (Vikings) in cold weather as opposed to a team used to playing in cold weather, and the Bears would rather face Kirk Cousins in a 'big game' than the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was odd that Nagy played his starters virtually the entire Minnesota game; they almost immediately had nothing to play for as the Rams went up 14-0 on the Niners in their first couple plays. It was the opposite of his approach to the Giants game where Nagy didn't even allow the 'threat' of Trubisky for the Giants D.

If the Bears end up losing to the Eagles, then I'd surmise there will be some second-guessing of Nagy playing his starters against Minnesota and helping Philly make the postseason, as I think its somewhat obvious that the Bears would rather face a dome team (Vikings) in cold weather as opposed to a team used to playing in cold weather, and the Bears would rather face Kirk Cousins in a 'big game' than the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

Good points. The guessing game thing will go full force if we don't win the SB. I just believe the adage every-week-counts because at the end of the year there's always bubble teams and teams that could have seeded better.

Let's just say we won both the GB and NYG games, we'd have the week off and the road to the SB would be thru Chicago in the winter. This is why I don't believe in saving guys to avoid injuries. It's like playing not to lose....or prevent defense level shit that bites you in the ass.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

You are probably correct (especially here at CCS) but I myself will not be one of those. Nagy is creating a culture in the locker room of dominating opponents and it would be lame to announce (or allow the whispers and rumors) that we would "rather face a dome team" or "rather face Cousins than Super Bowl MVP Foles". That kind of weak thinking is toxic to the mentality of being the best at who they are and the best in the entire league. I loved Nagy for knocking MIN out and communicating to the team and everyone that the Bears are ready to take on the Super Bowl champs.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
LOL at this. I remember thinking that limiting Trubisky's preseason snaps was not the best idea, and it showed in Week 1 of the regular season.

I think the improved Bears health has much more to do with Pace than Nagy. The Bears 2018 roster has better athletes. None of their 22 regular starters were older than 29 years old. Pace's improved drafting allowed the Bears to move away from relying on aging free agents, who invariably would get injured. It might be circular logic, but I think having better starters limits your injuries. The old Bears would simply plow through an entire list of safeties in one season...none of them NFL caliber, all of them lasting a few games before getting hurt/concussed.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The offense played horrible the first 3 weeks* (sans Week 1 first quarter) but we were 2-1 due to the elite defense including a sad-looking win edging out ARI in spite of Trubisky. I still remember the frustration that it was looking like Mack and the D were going to have to carry this team old-school style. Thank the universe that was not true at all, but I don't think anyone can look back on the pre-season and say that Trubisky did not need more "live-fire" drills going into the first 3 games of the season.

Also, your point about injury related to talent is spot on and not circular at all in my opinion. For evidence, look to the Fox years and start from Week 1 - 3 or 4 or 5 and watch the injury report when it was most clean and correlate the W-L record. Even with our starting "talent" we struggled to win or even "look the part" of a professional football offense that can threaten TO win at some point. Factor in age and normal attrition and the correlation that depth is even shorter on talent than starters and you have a sure-fire recipe for a double-digit losing record and a linear correlation to higher-than-average injury rates.

EDIT: * "Played horrible the first 3 weeks" - knowing CCS I feel the need to clarify specifically that even if not "horrible" then it was very bland and Gase-like in that it was able to chew the clock and get first downs but struggled to score points and kept absolutely no defensive coordinator awake at night.

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously? And if the starters sit and Vikings win and then "if the bears lose to xyz" then Nagy would be second guessed for that.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Seriously? And if the starters sit and Vikings win and then "if the bears lose to xyz" then Nagy would be second guessed for that.

Yeah, its amazing how being inconsistent in your approach and subsequently losing leads to second-guessing by the media.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd got CTE, Eddie Jackson’s leg was amputated, Kyle Long is paralyzed from the eye Browns down and Codey Parkey just sucks - but other than that, it’s been pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk