1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'd actually keep Fontenot and trade away Theriot and Baker. I'd also keep Gorz.

EDIT: They wouldn't non-tender him anyway, and I'm assuming you mean "would you trade FOR...", correct me if I'm wrong.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd actually keep Fontenot and trade away Theriot and Baker. I'd also keep Gorz.

EDIT: They wouldn't non-tender him anyway, and I'm assuming you mean "would you trade FOR...", correct me if I'm wrong.

There has been reports out there, the Cubs are going to non-tender him and try to re-sign him. I meant, if you were JH, would u trade Theriot if you are planning on non-tendering him.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
There's no point to non-tender an arb-eligible player just to try to re-sign him, that makes no sense whatsoever.

And really, there's no one that has been mentioned in this thread that will bring in any kind of value in a trade. Baker, Nady, Theriot, Gorzelanny and Fontenot are all bad players, and the rest of the teams in the league know that. And I highly doubt there is a serious market for any of these guys. Gorzelanny, maybe, will garner some interest, but the return will still be crap.

For the 351384351th time, it's not as simple as saying "he needs to be traded", other teams understand these guys blow, and any return on any trade (again, I highly doubt the existence of a serious market for most of them) will be nothing but crappy young players or crappy veterans. Nothing is going to happen with this team that makes them markedly better both in the short and long terms.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Christ..

Why don't you guys actually discuss some of the moves in his blog? Considering most of them have been reported elsewhere too.

If you don't like his blogging just leave him alone.

No, because his blog is shit, yet he continually posts things here wanting to discuss the specifics of what he wrote. It's not my fault that the specifics of what he writes are more often than not hidden behind egregious grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.

If he wants to pose a question at the beginning of a thread, fine, but when he starts posting his blog and saying "read this and discuss", he brings the shittiness of his writing into fair play.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
No, because his blog is shit, yet he continually posts things here wanting to discuss the specifics of what he wrote. It's not my fault that the specifics of what he writes are more often than not hidden behind egregious grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.

If he wants to pose a question at the beginning of a thread, fine, but when he starts posting his blog and saying "read this and discuss", he brings the shittiness of his writing into fair play.

Fuck off and don't post in the Chicago forum AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I also just write on my blog for fun, it's not for a job or anything else.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
No one is saying it is your job or anything like that. "Just for fun" or not, you shouldn't be running around asking people to read and discuss what you write when what you write is absolute shit.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is saying it is your job or anything like that. "Just for fun" or not, you shouldn't be running around asking people to read and discuss what you write when what you write is absolute shit.

I have has people say it's good and good articles so I don't care what you say. The only thing that counts, is that I have fun with it. And that should be the only thing that counts.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have has people say it's good and good articles so I don't care what you say. The only thing that counts, is that I have fun with it. And that should be the only thing that counts.

Your mommy reading it doesn't count.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There's no point to non-tender an arb-eligible player just to try to re-sign him, that makes no sense whatsoever.

And really, there's no one that has been mentioned in this thread that will bring in any kind of value in a trade. Baker, Nady, Theriot, Gorzelanny and Fontenot are all bad players, and the rest of the teams in the league know that. And I highly doubt there is a serious market for any of these guys. Gorzelanny, maybe, will garner some interest, but the return will still be crap.

For the 351384351th time, it's not as simple as saying "he needs to be traded", other teams understand these guys blow, and any return on any trade (again, I highly doubt the existence of a serious market for most of them) will be nothing but crappy young players or crappy veterans. Nothing is going to happen with this team that makes them markedly better both in the short and long terms.

Actually, Baker was really good last season with the Cubs, but he is shit this year. Nady is still recovering and has had limited playing time and the last time he was a started, in 2008, he batted .305 with 25 Homers with the Pirates and Yankees. Theriot, I wouldn't call him bad. Gorzelanny is actually really good. Fontenot is batting almost .300, but whatever.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Actually, Baker was really good last season with the Cubs, but he is shit this year.

Baker put up an OBP of .319 in 593 total PA's in Colorado. I don't need to tell you how decidedly "not good" that is.

Nady is still recovering and has had limited playing time and the last time he was a started, in 2008, he batted .305 with 25 Homers with the Pirates and Yankees.

Exactly, Nady is still recovering from a serious injury and obviously still has a long way to go if he is ever to get back to being his rendition of "normal", though with his highest single-season OBP mark being in the .350 range, there isn't much place for him to go, and teams will definitely be weary of signing an injury case that can barely get on base above replacement level and is on the wrong side of 30.

Theriot, I wouldn't call him bad.

I would, and so would a lot of potential trading partners in the MLB, you know why? Because he's 30 and his .317 OBP is only 4 points higher than his slugging percentage. Bad.

Gorzelanny is actually really good.

He has a 1.4 WHIP along with an anemic 5% HR/FB ratio. Sooner or later those fly balls are going to turn into home runs at or close to the league average rate (11-13%), and with the amount of bases he gives up on a per inning basis, that's a lot of runs.

But let's assume for a moment that you are correct when you say that Gorzelanny is "really good". If that's true, why are you morons so eager to trade him away, especially when he is an arb-eligible player for the next two seasons? That's stupid.

Fontenot is batting almost .300, but whatever.

You need to understand that batting average isn't a very good indicator of good or even above-average play. Fontenot has a .339 OBP to go along with a 94 OPS+, that's below average, thus not worth much to any teams looking to trade.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
But let's assume for a moment that you are correct when you say that Gorzelanny is "really good". If that's true, why are you morons so eager to trade him away, especially when he is an arb-eligible player for the next two seasons? That's stupid.

Don't ask me, I'm not among the ones who want to trade him.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone is always like "Let's trade Gorzelanny".

I don't get it, he is young at 28, a lefty, can pitch as a starter and as a relief pitcher and is pretty good. Any team would love to have him, even the Cubs and I hope Hendry knows that.