The NFL top 100

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Honestly, Bearmick derailed this thread on the second page, staying on par for the last two years of insufferable takes like this one:

“I was blasted for saying that the nation thinks Trubisky sucks, but virtually every opinion I read from neutral fans on message boards or social media is pretty uniform in having him at the bottom or near the bottom of the last few years' 1st round QB”.

Please, Vu, opps I mean Bearmick, don’t make it 3 yrs in a row. The ship is sunken.

My prediction looks to be spot on.

“The crew: Ok, its obviously not nick, what should we do now guys?

Number51: I’ll keep trolling him as nick so we look like we’re right.”

Oh well, you won’t see a rage quit from me, This is just a forum and I’m just a Bears fan who reads the boards.
confirmed @Nick80 alt

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually it’s called accountability. You gone paranoid, that’s all.

Uh, i don't think it's paranoia to observe your non- stop bitching, or that half of your posts mention me by name. You're obsessed. Stop being a weirdo and get over it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We have CCS points now?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe if the number is negative enough it will change the icon to a thumbs down

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Is that some kind of record? Put me down for -13 if not.

I don't remember you if you were/are Nick80 or whomever...but I think its funny that anyone who is mentioned with a connection to CBMB is 99% of the time a terrible poster. I was never a part of CBMB, but I had been at CCS for awhile before the 'merger/exodus' happened with CBMB, and I think the Assyrian refugees were better-received. Sometimes I get frustrated with the lack of intelligent football talk on CCS, but I can only imagine what CBMB must have been like....something akin to the last 5 years of Jerry Angelo drafts.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are you serious?? Do you wake up each day with the goal to improve a score on a lame forum? Get a life dweeb.

What a bunch of insecure turds.

HF - Above it all. Way too cool and secure to care about something as insignificant as a message board.

Also HF - "I've been watching this poster say things i don't agree with about bears players for years. I better log on and start posting because he must be held to account!!!!"

?

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
I don't remember you if you were/are Nick80 or whomever...but I think its funny that anyone who is mentioned with a connection to CBMB is 99% of the time a terrible poster. I was never a part of CBMB, but I had been at CCS for awhile before the 'merger/exodus' happened with CBMB, and I think the Assyrian refugees were better-received. Sometimes I get frustrated with the lack of intelligent football talk on CCS, but I can only imagine what CBMB must have been like....something akin to the last 5 years of Jerry Angelo drafts.
HF - Above it all. Way too cool and secure to care about something as insignificant as a message board.

Also HF - "I've been watching this poster say things i don't agree with about bears players for years. I better log on and start posting because he must be held to account!!!!"

?
These are not my words, Looks like some kind of bias revise job.

But also don’t use mainstream to defend football knowledge. Bottom of the barrel stuff Mick.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
These are not my words, Looks like some kind of bias revise job.

But also don’t use mainstream to defend football knowledge. Bottom of the barrel stuff Mick.
doesn't seem like you have any football knowledge

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite.

He was the consensus MVP before he got hurt in 2017 and that team was greatly helped by what their record was going into the playoffs. Let's not forget in 13 games he passed for 33 TDs, only had 7 picks and had a passer rating of 101. Hell, this list is a players voted and remember he hurt his knee, there was a penalty called, he stayed in and threw the winning TD on a broken wheel. Players love to see that shit from the QB position.

Last season we have to remember he wasn't to removed from the Dec. 10th injury. It ended up being a reconstruction where he tore his ACL, LCL and his IT band. So, that's a late season injury he's coming back from. He did have 21 TDs and 7 Ints and actually posted a better QB rating (102 as opposed to 101). That season was cut short because he fractured his back.

Looking at his NFL and college career there's no denying that he's injury prone. With that being said this offseason he's had little to do in terms of rehab and here's what the 2019 offense looks like:

• Alshon Jeffery - Unlike last year he won't miss the first 4 games with a shoulder.
  • DeSean Jackson - Still one of the best deep threats in the league.
  • Zach Ertz - Coming off setting the TE reception record.
  • Dallas Goedert - Take my word for it. He's very good.
  • Nelson Agholor - Good slot WR.
  • Jordan Howard - Will keep the defenses honest.
  • Mike Sanders (rookie RB) - He's going to be the best RB they have had since McCoy
  • Added OL Depth - Last year Jason Peters left around 7 games and missed some other time. They have legit backup options in their first rounder Dillard, the big Aussie in Mailata and then swing tackle Vati can move to where ever he's needed.
You can joke all you want, but he's a legit MVP candidate going into this season.

By youtube standards these are long videos, but truthfully he's had a lot of highlights throughout the past two seasons.

2017 (MVP type season):

2018 (coming off Dec knee reconstruction):

The NFL is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' league, but before Mahomes went off Wentz would have been considered the top young QB in the league.

I'll add one final note. When you watch the highlights you say "I can see how he's injured so much". He's so focused on making a play he's reckless with his well being. He's got to change that if he's going to have a productive 10+ year career.

@Pegger

Thanks for the post.

Wanted to get back to you on this - firstly you are probably 5x more knowledgeable than I am on Wentz as a player.

My initial reaction to Wentz post injury was that he was not the same player obviously. That is not to say I don't think he can return to a high level of play though. My "lol" comment is in retrospect to his most recent season and just in my mind there is no way I could put him that high on the list. It is still pretty amazing to me that he got that high even with his 2017 campaign as the sole focus for the voters just in regards to other QBs who have undoubtedly solidified themselves as great players (not many, but a handful).

With all that said he is obviously a very talented player that can get back to a very high level of play and I wish him health for the rest of his career. I will also add he has been in a very unique and tough spot for a young QB. Played great, got hurt, backup wins SB, comes back struggles and likely was still not 100% - all while playing in a notoriously tough sports town. I wish him well (just not well against the Bears).