The only mock you need to see

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Keys of the draft for the Chicago Bears -
1. Difference maker at RB. The one position that the Bears can get an immediate contributor at is RB and that's important when you are talking about a Superbowl contending team.
2. Offensive line depth - the Bears have Bradley Sowell, Ted Larson and Rashaan Coward as our immediate backups.
3. Tight end - Burton and Shaheen each have their own problems.
4. Cornerback depth

With the 87th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select - Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M

Electric running back with big play ability and is a high character/high energy guy in the mold of a Ryan Pace pick.

trayveon-williams.jpg

With the 126th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select - Dru Samia, OL, Oklahoma

Big, athletic and plays with attitude. From the offensive line factory that is Oklahoma as of late.

usatsi_10437000.jpg

With the 162nd overall pick, the Chicago Bears select - Alize Mack, TE, Notre Dame

Big, athletic tight end with some upside as a receiver.

gettyimages-841989394-e1526585131500.jpg

With the 222nd overall pick, the Chicago Bears select - Montre Hartage, CB, Northwestern

If he doesn't make it as a starter, he will be a very good backup/ST player with a great motor and football IQ.

CqLy00LUsAEJuGm.jpg

With the 238th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select - Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson
5bb53914cd854.image.jpg

Big, body d-lineman who can eat up blocks and rotate with Goldman.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Polar. I'm sold.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i like your stuff but I suspect you'll be 0 for 4. Don't take it personal as Pace is difficult to predict. I personally suspect we may add picks and possibly not take a RB 1st depending on whats there at TE or DB. I don't think we take OL until these 3 are in the fold. No idea who we target. Not having a pick until 87 really makes mocking near impossible. Heck, when we were picking #3, nearly all got it wrong.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think this mock draft beats out @HeHateMe excellent mock draft. I like all the picks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
SOME UPSIDE as a receiver??

Might want to revisit the type of offense Nagy wants to run...
I was thinking in a similar fashion.

The easy question to answer would be, "If both Burton and Shaheen were injured, which would be the most important position to fill?"

The obvious answer would be Burton.

If you are going to add a TE, it better be someone like Burton. Because of that, I would flip the 3rd and 4th round picks and get the best receiving TE available (so long as every good receiving TE hasn't already been drafted) at 3. It is possible that Williams is still available in the 4th round anyhow.

If Burton is a matchup nightmare, him and another receiving TE would double that nightmare. In a league were the passing game has become more prominent, a TE that can be a receiving threat is way more important than a TE that can block and maybe catch.

I really like the DT in the 7th. I am not even sure who is Goldman's backup. He cannot continue to play a ton of plays without getting a rest. What happens if Goldman misses some time?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would be happy.

I will never question an OL pick. I like Williams and Mack and both add athletic pop to positions of need.