2002-03 (L) 2-5

2003-04 (L) 1-3

2004-05 Lockout

2005-06 DNP

2006-07 (L) 0-3

2007-08 DNP

2008-09 DNP

2009-10 (L) 2-3

10 losses in a row is not a great thing (including this year's postseason). However, the Hawks have played the @ the Flyers with this most of this current roster only 3 times. It's unfair to say that this team was anything near the lumps of shit that lost to the worst team in the NHL in 2006-7, 3-0 (Kyle Calder!).

What we saw in game 4 carried over into game 5. If the last 10 minutes of that game 4 are how the Hawks come for the full 60 in Philly: Game, set, match.

06-07 was Boucher in net for us. LOL

This year's reg season game should have been a WIN or at least OT. Fluke goals at the end for Philly.

Add the two others in the playoffs and we lost 3 games there so far. That will only last so long with our current roster. They are not built to continue losing somewhere.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
what better way to end the winless streak in philly than game 6 in the stanley cup finals. sure, the flyers are a very strong, and now very determined, team at home as are the hawks. but the hawks aren't a too shabby road team either this playoffs, so they can build of that too.

if they can add to the intensity they came out with in game 5 and coach Q can be a little easier on those line matching scrambles, the hawks have a real chance to win it. now with the line up from game 5 the hawks have an offensive weapon in each of the top 3 lines and i think they could match well with any line the flyers throw at them.

i might however think that placing bolland to match against the briere line to shut it down as it's been by far the most dangerous. but then again is it bollands line that has silenced richards or is it that he has been having a bad series?

one thing for certain is that it is laviolette who has the ball in his court and he will have to rethink on how he could respond to the new hawk lines. and having to pull leighton for the second time in the series is probably causing slight concerns for him. will be interesting on how it all unfolds.

but but I thought they were done in six?

Just giving you shit Rosh.

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]06-07 was Boucher in net for us. LOL

This year's reg season game should have been a WIN or at least OT. Fluke goals at the end for Philly.

Add the two others in the playoffs and we lost 3 games there so far. That will only last so long with our current roster. They are not built to continue losing somewhere.[/quote]

wow I didn't think we had Brian "Bobby" Boucher on our team at one point. I started following closely the year we drafted Kane. Played most of the video games so though I knew previous rosters rather well but yeah never knew we had Boucher at one point.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]but but I thought they were done in six?

Just giving you shit Rosh.[/quote]

i know i know, i've eaten my crow. the complete 180 they showed in game 5 is cause for optimism again, as it was the first time the real hawks showed up in this series and now they just need to do one grande finale and put a nice bow on this tremendous season.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]... I started following closely the year we drafted Kane. ...[/quote]

Bandwagoner....

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]

Bandwagoner....[/quote]

Meh I'll live with it. tried to watch the hawks in the past but couldn't get into it enough to keep it up.

But so what is this icing stuff they keep calling during the games, I thought that was what went on a cake.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]

Meh I'll live with it. tried to watch the hawks in the past but couldn't get into it enough to keep it up.

But so what is this icing stuff they keep calling during the games, I thought that was what went on a cake.[/quote]

What color is the blue line?

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

What color is the blue line?[/quote]

Same color as the red line, DUH

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]

Same color as the red line, DUH[/quote]

I love all those beautiful yellow lines on the ice.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

I love all those beautiful yellow lines on the ice.[/quote]

I thought they were green like the puck.

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
I can't even follow the puck. :(

They should make it glow or something.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

I thought they were green like the puck.[/quote]

Are you color blink? The puck is obviously Orange to match the ice.

[quote name="roshinaya"]

i know i know, i've eaten my crow. the complete 180 they showed in game 5 is cause for optimism again, as it was the first time the real hawks showed up in this series and now they just need to do one grande finale and put a nice bow on this tremendous season.[/quote]

The "real Hawks" have shown up several times in this series. Give some credit to the Flyers intense forcheck. Just don't be so quick to jump to the negative. They play 7 games for a reason and NO team can beat the Hawks in a 7 game series IF the Hawks can get their game.

If they lose it will be because "they lose" rather than the other team really beating them. They know this.

Flyers defense is tiring and their goal tending is mediocre at best.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]I can't even follow the puck. :(

They should make it glow or something.[/quote]

They did that in the 04-05 season actually...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

The "real Hawks" have shown up several times in this series. Give some credit to the Flyers intense forcheck. Just don't be so quick to jump to the negative. They play 7 games for a reason and NO team can beat the Hawks in a 7 game series IF the Hawks can get their game.

If they lose it will be because "they lose" rather than the other team really beating them. They know this.

Flyers defense is tiring and their goal tending is mediocre at best.[/quote]

I've been saying that all year, and actually after game four I said it again followed by, "but now I'm a little worried because it's only a 3 games series, thank god for home ice."

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Flyers defense is tiring and their goal tending is mediocre at best.[/quote]

Yesterday before the first goal... like after the first 7 minutes or so... I said in the chat "Well fans, your Hawks have finally arrived"... everyone was obviously being pessimistic and saying how "they need to score first before theyve arrived etc..." I said... are you kidding? They keep playing like this and they're going to score around 10 goals... well they did and they scored 7. Eye test, people.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

They did that in the 04-05 season actually...[/quote]

Dude, he wasn't being serious.