Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ahhhhhh, LOL @ you. Here's my quote I believe you are referring to:

I was referring to you jerks, as evidenced by the words "Some people here". But it doesn't surprise me that you have to cherry pick MLB GM's to make yourself sound smart. And as I said, Beane has really set himself up this year to look bad. We'll see what happens, but great point! :smh:
Beane has "really set himself up this year to look bad"? Thanks, Captain Obvious. The window on the A's winning with the group they had was closing and he went for broke last season. Everyone knows this. Not many outside of meatball A's fans have a problem with what he did and where that left the A's for this year. He's actually made some interesting off-season acquisitions.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beane has "really set himself up this year to look bad"? Thanks, Captain Obvious. The window on the A's winning with the group they had was closing and he went for broke last season. Everyone knows this. Not many outside of meatball A's fans have a problem with what he did and where that left the A's for this year. He's actually made some interesting off-season acquisitions.

Beane did a nice job this off season. I don't think people really know how handcuffed that guy has been his whole career. He is the best gm in the game for what he does with so little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Beane did a nice job this off season. I don't think people really know how handcuffed that guy has been his whole career. He is the best gm in the game for what he does with so little.

Well, yeah, but he's a "metric head". :D

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

You misspelled Hahn :)

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

There are people that think that Beane actually set himself up to contend again with a completely different team. I'm not sure I'm one of those guys but the moves are intriguing and I learned a long time ago that Billy Beane is smarter than me. I would never under estimate him. Actually the only thing I think he did wrong last year, in terms of going for broke, was to underestimate the team value of Cespedes. I think he's an overrated player myself but he made that team go and I'm not sure Beane realized how difficult that was going to be to replace. An awful lot of people would have made that same mistake.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lots of season left but ChiSoxCity and I look to be spot on right now

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Lots of season left but ChiSoxCity and I look to be spot on right now

I was right there. Just did not see the Cardinals winning close to a 100 games, and even more so without Wainright and Adams being out all year. Not that I knew that they would be out naturally.

Just goes to show why I think the Cubs will punch the pedal in the off-season. They still have a ways to go to beat the Cardinals out. Not that they don't play pretty good against them, but I think you know what I mean.