The Rebuild Projection : Updated as we go

Raskolnikov

What will be the roster that returns to the playoffs?

(summer 2020/21/22?)

1. Tim Anderson SS
2. Moncada 3B / Burger 3b
3. Abreu 1B/DH
4. Vaughn DH/1B/LF
5. Jimenez RF
6. Ropert LF
7. Castillo C / Collins C / McCann
8. Madrigal 2B / Y Sanchez
9. Steel Walker RF / Rutherford RF / Gonzalez RF/CF / Basabe CF / L Garcia / Adolpho... may the best man win

1. Giolito
3?. Kopech
2? Cease / Free Agency
3. Rodon / Free agency ?
4/5 Lopez ?
4 /5 Despaigne?

Bullpen: Dunning, Hansen, Burdi etc.

This thing should already getting going next year.

There is surplus enough now, before the next 3 drafts... to trade for a pitcher. And cap to sign a pitcher if they ever wanted to.

I'd move to Las Vegas if Bridgeport isn't ever going to come out for a game, and call the team the

White Hots

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Fire Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks North Carolina Tar Heels
Lineup looks good. Thing I'd be worried about with the White Sox rebuild is pitching..

BEARZOMBIE

pitching looks like a disaster right now

Maybe got lucky they lied about a competitive offer for machado they probably will need to buy their way out of the mess with at least one legit pitcher

Raskolnikov

pitching looks like a disaster right now

Maybe got lucky they lied about a competitive offer for machado they probably will need to buy their way out of the mess with at least one legit pitcher
They should sign Keuchel for 4-6 years.

dennehy

In a perfect world (which won't happen)
Kopech
Cease
Rodon
Giolito
Lopez

LF Jimenez
CF FA
RF Robert
1B Andrew Vaughn
2B Madrigal
SS Anderson
3B Moncada
C McCann/Collins/FA
DH Abreu/FA

I think probably at least two of those SPs won' be there in two years. I don't think Madrigal is going to amount to much but he's still young and has a chance. His type of game just doesn't seem to work in the majors these days. Would love to see them draft Andrew Vaughn if Rutschman is gone, which is likely. And offensive core of Moncada, Anderson, Robert, and Jiminez has a lot of potnetial.

Raskolnikov

Kopech
Cease
Rodon
Giolito
Lopez

LF Jimenez
CF FA
RF Robert
1B Andrew Vaughn
2B Madrigal
SS Anderson
3B Moncada
C McCann/Collins/FA
DH Abreu/FA

I think probably at least two of those SPs won' be there in two years. I don't think Madrigal is going to amount to much but he's still young and has a chance. His type of game just doesn't seem to work in the majors these days. Would love to see them draft Andrew Vaughn if Rutschman is gone, which is likely. And offensive core of Moncada, Anderson, Robert, and Jiminez has a lot of potnetial.
alot I don't like but good job on outlining pitching situation. Perhaps you are right about Madrigal, but that just means the surplus of very good hitting outfielders I outlined will compete at third base

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Fire Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks North Carolina Tar Heels
What do you guys see Tilson as being in this rebuild? 4th outfielder?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Central Florida Knights, TCU Horned Frogs
Eloy hit another HR tonight and Giolito was almost untouchable. Right now he looks like a number one.

Raskolnikov

Tilson is a 4th OF.

Gotta work on Eloy's defense
Can he play 3B?

Cuz he won't make 5th OF on this team in 2-3 years. So trade or move to utility/3B.

3B is still the easiest place to make team unless Moncada move is permanent, then 2B.

NdSoxfan2

Kopech
Cease
Rodon
Giolito
Lopez

LF Jimenez
CF FA
RF Robert
1B Andrew Vaughn
2B Madrigal
SS Anderson
3B Moncada
C McCann/Collins/FA
DH Abreu/FA

Hope I am wrong but I don't think Rodon can be a part of any long range planning. He spends too much time on the DL. Has he ever had a season with no time on the DL?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
My favorite teams
Can he play 3B?

Cuz he won't make 5th OF on this team in 2-3 years. So trade or move to utility/3B.

3B is still the easiest place to make team unless Moncada move is permanent, then 2B.
Moncada probably staying at 3rd..

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
I think the Cubs will give us Bryant, Rizzo, and Baez. I think we can swing it. :)