The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This may have been talked about, but is there any indication if that final scene with Alpha and Beta was before the storm hit or much later after the storm?

Seemed later... they said they were "away" and I think we're all assuming they went South for the Winter and returned in Spring when it warmed up enough.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Seemed later... they said they were "away" and I think we're all assuming they went South for the Winter and returned in Spring when it warmed up enough.
That made the most sense, but with Alpha asking to be whipped made me think it was right after the conflict

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That made the most sense, but with Alpha asking to be whipped made me think it was right after the conflict

Nah I think it is what Spartan(?) said... she is fucking weird and enjoys the pain and/or see's it as ritualistically making herself stronger.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Nah I think it is what Spartan(?) said... she is fucking weird and enjoys the pain and/or see's it as ritualistically making herself stronger.
That could definitely be it, when I first saw it I took it as her punishing herself for being weak with Lydia...but Spartan's theory makes sense also

Houston

Liked Posts:
They jumped six years between episodes, no complaints, but condensing a road trip instead of showing the gang playing 20 questions in the bus for for two weeks has you all worked up.

What a dumb line of reasoning.
Six years was mentioned multiple times by the characters. Two weeks was not.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They jumped six years between episodes, no complaints, but condensing a road trip instead of showing the gang playing 20 questions in the bus for for two weeks has you all worked up.

I was being nice suggesting you are a troll, the alternative is you are an idiot that thought they never left Georgia, and didn't understand it snows in DC.

But sure, blame the writers for your stupidity. Houston, you really do have a problem.

What a dumb line of reasoning.
Six years was mentioned multiple times by the characters. Two weeks was not.

They talked about the trip to DC constantly, fans were complaining about how much time was wasted on Rick and Abe going on endlessly about the trip to DC. They made constant references to the fact they were in the DC area, they went into the city earlier in this last season.

This should have clued you in.

twd-s9-sdccpanelposter.jpg

Their location was a major plot point and you seem to have missed it. The writing on this show is massively flawed, but you can't blame them for your inability to notice the obvious.

Clearly you are not a troll, just a garden variety dope.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
giphy.gif

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Thats where I am at with it.
Makes a shit ton of sense now that we know walkers can freeze.

That concept really gives an advantage to those in the northern climate.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This may have been talked about, but is there any indication if that final scene with Alpha and Beta was before the storm hit or much later after the storm?
Glad you brought this up.

Beta beating Alpha with the stick happened after Alpha re-joined the Whisperers down south, where it's obviously much warmer (they obviously migrate south in the winter), many days after the last snowy scenes of the last episode (travel time for Alpha).

It means Alpha was watching the Community, probably her daughter in particular, and Alpha has this ominous statement to Beta, “I'll need to be stronger for what comes next." Which I have to assume means Alpha is going to attack the Communities.

Houston

Liked Posts:
Looks like there will be another spinoff series in 2020 about two girls who are part of the first post-outbreak generation.

It can't be any worse than the main show...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One minute there's 1 TWD show, now there's 3?!?!?

I HAD NO WARNING

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One minute there's 1 TWD show, now there's 3?!?!?

I HAD NO WARNING

Just wait for the three movies that will spawn three more spin-offs. It is then that AMC will play their trump card as fans will be asked to subscribe to AMC's new sister station AMCTWD where all twelve series will be exclusively shown on by 2024.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just wait for the three movies that will spawn three more spin-offs. It is then that AMC will play their trump card as fans will be asked to subscribe to AMC's new sister station AMCTWD where all twelve series will be exclusively shown on by 2024.

I posited to a friend they may rebrand as ZMC lol

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
they should make webisodes following individual zombies.
also, zombie cams for those trapped in cars or locked rooms. 6 years of one sitting there drying out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
also, zombie cams for those trapped in cars or locked rooms. 6 years of one sitting there drying out.
I have sat for hours looking at a live web cam of an African watering hole just to catch the local animals lol

Maybe a zombie cam tie human enemies to a tree and you can watch live as a herd comes by lmfao

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They did a webisode series following the lady who became a zombie that Rick passes in like the pilot episode... I think she is like mostly eaten, dragging her torso around by her arms.

It wasn't very long, but actually had some cool content covering like the initial outbreak.... in the one bit someone goes and finds an entire family turned zombie and eating eachother in the basement and gets swarmed.

If they do more series, seriously they need to cover the actual outbreak and process of societal breakdown.... FTWD had that chance and completely blew it so they could jump over that part of the story more/less.

A new series following like 3-5 different distinct people or pairs or small groups (3-4) that starts before the outbreak and follows them as they navigate the outbreak and try to survive in various areas, perhaps with some subset surviving and eventually meeting, that could be cool.

Or a Black Mirror style TWD show that is just distinct 1 hr stories of various people and their experience at different times before/during/after the outbreak, that could also be good.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm baffled as to why they'd want to start a new spinoff series with their poor ratings. Gotta think FTWD will be done after this season though. Most will likely merge with TWD.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm baffled as to why they'd want to start a new spinoff series with their poor ratings. Gotta think FTWD will be done after this season though. Most will likely merge with TWD.

I think the merge idea goes out the window with TWD now being six years ahead of FTWD.

The time gap actually gives FTWD new life IMO as it can hint at storylines just glossed over in TWD and tie-in the Rick Grimes movies.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

"Last year, The Walking Dead TV show had another huge ratings drop, yet it still finished as AMC’s most-watched TV series by a huge margin. "

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/walking-dead-season-nine-ratings/

That's what they do in Hollywood, milk their most successful project for every last penny. The fact that ratings are way off from when it the the #1 show on television has nothing to do with the fact that it still makes money.

Entertainment executives: "this show has run it's course, lets do the right thing and end it now leaving a bunch of cash on the table, or we could ride this into the ground with spinoffs and wring every last penny out of this franchise, let's do that."