The Workout/Diet Thread

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why endure chronic pain if u have a means to get rid of it?

Being stupid does not equal being tough.
When I was going to surgery every couple of days I got hooked on pain pills. Sucked when I said no more. Wife cried for a week or so. It got much better. I may come at you but that's what we do

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I was going to surgery every couple of days I got hooked on pain pills. Sucked when I said no more. Wife cried for a week or so. It got much better. I may come at you but that's what we do
Cbd isnt heroin

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Really like you but you're still tearing your body apart even if you can't feel it. 25 times to ortho surgery so I know pain. Learn to eat it and not mask it. Pain is something that you can master. Sorry for that

Thanks, and i know you're right. I just refuse to compromise on competitive sports while I can still get after it, my runway is getting shorter and it's going to begin tapering off soon, just trying to but a little more time before I acquire "dad-bod" and start eating dinner at 5:30 pm.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, and i know you're right. I just refuse to compromise on competitive sports while I can still get after it, my runway is getting shorter and it's going to begin tapering off soon, just trying to but a little more time before I acquire "dad-bod" and start eating dinner at 5:30 pm.
Being nice, Not good at that. How old are you? I'm 59

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
SOME OF US EAT DINNER AT 4PM. NOT GIVING NAMES

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roughly 75% of my caloric intake comes from fat and I've never been more slim in my adult life. Think about it. It's a thinker.

Didn't that Japanese captured, famous PILOT( can't think of his name ) because he was an indentured cook for the Japanese while in the Prison Camp, Eat all the fat in the fat trap to survive ?? Died from atherosclerosis at a young age ? Too much fat is like too much alcohol

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, if anyone with shoulder problems can tell me what you do to build muscle in the shoulder, it would be appreciated.

My left shoulder sucks and it's easily aggravated. I almost completely avoid exercises that isolate the shoulder muscles for that reason. Biceps and triceps coming along nicely, but my shoulder is lacking.

Go to the gym and do PullDowns and Presses also Bench presses and weighted rows. Go as light as you need to and eventually Build-Up
Alternatively, get two Ropes and two Handles. hook them to one of those screw in/ bike hanger/rafter thingies
THEN slowly but surely do those 4 movements by pushing and pulling into and away from that point of attachment by "WALKING" your feet in and out from under that POA

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a terrible shoulder but pull downs on the weight machine work.

Hang two ropes with handles from a bicycle hook in the garage and stretch it out and use a percentage of your body weight as appropriate ALSO

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've noticed that fasted cardio is the best way to shed fat. By cardio, I mean sprints...not jogging

One's Fast twitch muscle fibers as we age go to hell. That's why one MUST do H I I T training and or H I T in order to gain muscle at advancing ages to Combat muscle bone loss. I love Speed training in everything and alternate my workouts with SuperSlow Of course I do this in a mild, mannered, reporter kinda way. So as you are losing Fat ( eat healthy, and increase salad intake ) Lift fast And monitor yourself ... so as not to Stroke and/or have a heart attack

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spartan said:
16-20 hours is long enough to let autoph.agy occur. This is the biggest benefit one can get from it outside of weight-loss. Long term fasting is also a thing. Read about clinics that have been set up to monitor people who want to go through week long or even month long fasts but I fail to see any extra benefit, other than weight loss, that could come from it.

16-20 Hours is debatable. 24–48 Seems to be a more accepted number for stronger affects of autograph. I've done plenty of long fasts. One benefit is possibly shitting oneself. My first long fast ended with a very light meal and an explosion of shit I had mistaken for gas.

Love doing Intermittent fasting and prefer the "spartan" routine of giving myself a 4-5 hour window to eat anything each day.

Side benes are Increased production of Testosterone AND HGH

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really like you but you're still tearing your body apart even if you can't feel it. 25 times to ortho surgery so I know pain. Learn to eat it and not mask it. Pain is something that you can master. Sorry for that

Being genuine here... I face chronic knee pain too... had 13 surgeries on it.

You're just drinking the pain under the table lol

I do it too at times, so I'm not judging, but cannabis usage is far healthier than what you and I do.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had tons of grief with my left shoulder as well. messed it up when I was younger and it became a nagging thing during workouts... especially front raises and upright rows.
Seated rows and rear delt raises were fine.

I realized that I was not keeping my shoulder tight in the socket when doing the exercises that hurt. I spent a long, boring few months dropping the weight to tiny amounts and focusing on form.
Not quite sure if the improvement was better muscle memory and form or having 3-4 months of "rest", but nowadays if any joint gets sore I focus on form and it improves.

Form is incredibly important and if you Alternate "speed" workouts with SuperSlow you can get BOTH

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Re the shoulder stuff, this is worth a watch:

The title is about the bench, but it's really more about overall shoulder health.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@Ares Hope you healed your diabetes.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't that Japanese captured, famous PILOT( can't think of his name ) because he was an indentured cook for the Japanese while in the Prison Camp, Eat all the fat in the fat trap to survive ?? Died from atherosclerosis at a young age ? Too much fat is like too much alcohol
I don't think so and even if it were remotely true, wouldn't worry me at all. Keto isn't just about eating a lot of fats. It's about eating a lot of the good fats and avoiding the sugary carbs. Many people on a standard American diet will eat more bad fats in a day than I or most people doing keto will in months cause we purposely steer clear of them. High carbs, also very much part of the standard American diet, will cause more damage to ya. Also a bad idea to combine high carbs with fat. This is, no doubt, a main cause for the high percentage of fat asses in the US. Go to your fast food restaurants where they cook their cheap carby food in their cheap oils and the fat asses continue to eat it up. There's a lot more highly processed cheap oil rather than good oils in our food supply so you have to know which ones to avoid. Actually would be easier just to know which ones are good and need not be avoided.

If you stick to the good fats, the fat that naturally comes from meat and the fat from the better oils like olive oil, real butter, avocado, coconut and the like, ya can't go wrong. Fats don't even have a bad name any more, not as they did during the great fat scare propaganda in the 70's. You'll even see nutritionists advocate for more intake of good fats now. Turns out the worst fat by far is that which is man made, trans fats. Nature didn't make the fatties fat and sickly. Man made all the highly processed food that made the fatties fat and sickly.