1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Suck it up and hobble one ya bish.

Fo real tho. That sucks.

What happened?
I parked my car, took one step after closing the door, and stepped into a pot hole in a parking lot. I swear to God, it happened that way.

I wish it was from me fending off a bear, but no, it was a dark parking lot and normal steps. No break, no fracture, but it was swollen up like a grapefruit and bruising all over it. Just tendon and ligament damage.

Mitchapalooza

My appetite has been insane these past 2 weeks. I'm trying to add on muscle but yesterday I probably ate 4k calories. I usually eat 2.5k at most. Not complaining though since I'm trying to add weight now.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I parked my car, took one step after closing the door, and stepped into a pot hole in a parking lot. I swear to God, it happened that way.

I wish it was from me fending off a bear, but no, it was a dark parking lot and normal steps. No break, no fracture, but it was swollen up like a grapefruit and bruising all over it. Just tendon and ligament damage.

Last major injury I had was dislocating a rib playing indoor soccer; prior to that I was mowing the lawn and stepped on my sidewalk/lawn border oddly and sprained my foot. FUN TIMES!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Last major injury I had was dislocating a rib playing indoor soccer; prior to that I was mowing the lawn and stepped on my sidewalk/lawn border oddly and sprained my foot. FUN TIMES!

Rib and ankle injuries, IMO, are by far the most painful.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I want to give Ares one of my legs.

Or another option:

masterblaster-madmaxbeyondthunderdome.jpg

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a New Year's Resolution to run a 5-10k once a month this year. Then on January 6th I bust up my ankle and was in a walking boot for two weeks. Doctor still doesn't want me doing anything until February 1.
Yesterday, my daughter was told, by a doctor, that her foot is broken. This morning she was told it's not and that it's just a bad sprain and to stay in a walking boot. Later today, she will play in her basketball game. The warrior spirit I've instilled in her allows her to do this. It's what now sets her apart from the likes of Khalil Mack and you.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yesterday, my daughter was told, by a doctor, that her foot is broken. This morning she was told it's not and that it's just a bad sprain and to stay in a walking boot. Later today, she will play in her basketball game. The warrior spirit I've instilled in her allows her to do this. It's what now sets her apart from the likes of Khalil Mack and you.

You shouldn't be instilling confidence in girls. It upsets Baby Jesus.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rib and ankle injuries, IMO, are by far the most painful.

The rib was the worst injury I've ever had pain wise. I've sprained my ankles to the point of it being routine and while it sucks the ribs was the worst. Couldn't even lightly jog for 6 weeks without pain...I'm usually back from ankles in 2-3 and full go.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On a more serious note, what are you able to do exercise wise Ares?

I mean I can do just about anything, with the exception of some stretching with my right knee because the joint just doesn't flex in certain ways or to certain degrees.

Like I could go running with you, I would be fine (though out of breath), but the high impact would catch up with me in a day or 2, my knee would hurt and then I wouldn't want to do anything on it for a while.

I can squat.... lift heavy shit... often I lean on my left to lift more out of habit.

At PT I do Elliptical or bike for 10 mins.

I do one-leg leg press, right now 157.5 lbs.

My knee bend, flexibility, and stability are probably my only real limiters either in doing an exercise or in how much weight/resistance I can handle.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean I can do just about anything, with the exception of some stretching with my right knee because the joint just doesn't flex in certain ways or to certain degrees.

Like I could go running with you, I would be fine (though out of breath), but the high impact would catch up with me in a day or 2, my knee would hurt and then I wouldn't want to do anything on it for a while.

I can squat.... lift heavy shit... often I lean on my left to lift more out of habit.

At PT I do Elliptical or bike for 10 mins.

I do one-leg leg press, right now 157.5 lbs.

My knee bend, flexibility, and stability are probably my only real limiters either in doing an exercise or in how much weight/resistance I can handle.

That's good. At least you can do shit. I'd go in-fucking-sane not being able to work out. Oct-Nov when I couldn't run because of my hamstring I was losing my mind.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's good. At least you can do shit. I'd go in-fucking-sane not being able to work out. Oct-Nov when I couldn't run because of my hamstring I was losing my mind.

Yeah it is functional, just hurts most of the time now.... Winter and these temp ups and downs.

It didn't used to hurt quite this much, this often... that's what drove me to go see my old surgeon and start doing PT.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My appetite has been insane these past 2 weeks. I'm trying to add on muscle but yesterday I probably ate 4k calories. I usually eat 2.5k at most. Not complaining though since I'm trying to add weight now.

Your goal was to get to 170... how close are you?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also pretty certain BNB, who posts here, has been on Atkins for a while and has done very well with it.

I'm actually on a modified paleo diet, which I guess is similar to Atkins in the sense that I eat a lot of meat/healthy fats. On it more so for health reasons than weight issues (I actually want to gain weight), and this diet makes it incredibly hard to do so haha.

Mitchapalooza

Your goal was to get to 170... how close are you?

My goal was to drop to 170, eventually got to 160. I'm like 165ish now. Trying to bulk up now, no real number right now. Just gain more muscle.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I just bought my wife a thigh master.
She may not have been born with great legs, but now she can look like it!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Second day on cock push ups. Getting easier

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You guys got anything on this Wim Hof breathing method?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually on a modified paleo diet, which I guess is similar to Atkins in the sense that I eat a lot of meat/healthy fats. On it more so for health reasons than weight issues (I actually want to gain weight), and this diet makes it incredibly hard to do so haha.
Ahh, remember you posting some of what you eat and looked similar to what I did. I assumed Atkins but, as the saying goes, when you assume...

Probably not a very big difference between the low carb diets, really. Meat and eggs are gonna be big in all of them, meat being that 1 completely carb free food. Atkins starts off as keto but quickly becomes more forgiving. Don't know much about Paleo, other than what you mention with the healthy fats. Don't think the macros matter much with it, just more about the natural foods. Think all 3, Keto, Atkins and Paleo avoid grains, legumes, refined sugar, dairy, and highly processed foods. Don't think potatoes are allowed in any although the sweet potato is given a pass by many cause it's nutrient dense. I know I give them a pass even though I also know they are not keto. Think fruits are allowed more in Atkins, after the first couple of weeks, and Paleo. Keto really only allows for the avocado. I like avocados but it's a pain in the ass trying to get them at that just right point where they are ripe enough but not too far past ripe.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys got anything on this Wim Hof breathing method?
Discovered him in a Joe Rogan podcast a while ago and always meant to give that a try but never did. Got more caught up in Wim's story overall, not only with the breathing but with the whole "iceman" thing.