The Workout/Diet Thread

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks man. I had an ulnar nerve entrapment issue awhile back, but this sounds different than that. I found some exercises/stretches that helped (google ulnar nerve flossing / gliding), but not sure if they'd be helpful for you. The root of my problem was inflammation in my upper back compressing the ulnar nerve , and was causing pain / numbness all the way down to my fingers. Those stretches + massage + lots of icing helped a lot. Hope this is of some use to you, but it probably isn't.

I totally agree your point of stretching and especially icing can be huge in curing various issues. Dr.s advised back surgery for me and I avoided it, also had a buddy was going to do surgery and ended up being fine without it.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I have a torn MCL, two torn rotators, one torn labrum and one torn bicep.

Since I got on the CBD train (oil, and salve) all my pain is completely masked and I am playing competitive ball sports again (club level) and lifting 6x/week. Pain-free,

That CBD shite has been a miracle for me. If anyone wants to source the good stuff, DM me, there's a lot of derivative and diluted product hitting the marketplace and I have vetted the good stuff.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That sucks man. I had an ulnar nerve entrapment issue awhile back, but this sounds different than that. I found some exercises/stretches that helped (google ulnar nerve flossing / gliding), but not sure if they'd be helpful for you. The root of my problem was inflammation in my upper back compressing the ulnar nerve , and was causing pain / numbness all the way down to my fingers. Those stretches + massage + lots of icing helped a lot. Hope this is of some use to you, but it probably isn't.

Thanks, man. Yeah, the PT told me that we'll try some stretching, etc. for the next couple of months to see if there's relief.

My one glimmer of hope is that the issue seems to improve depending on the positioning of my hand or arm. I'm trying to see if I can get creative with some workouts to avoid the pain. There are some workouts that I just won't be able to do though... like Skullcrushers, dips, tricep extensions, and probably the bench press too. So it kinda sucks for my triceps haha.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Since I got on the CBD train (oil, and salve) all my pain is completely masked and I am playing competitive ball sports again (club level) and lifting 6x/week. Pain-free,

That CBD shite has been a miracle for me. If anyone wants to source the good stuff, DM me, there's a lot of derivative and diluted product hitting the marketplace and I have vetted the good stuff.

I tore my rotator and blew out my labrum. I will never forget the conversations I had with the doctors.

"You have obviously dislocated your shoulder a bunch of times right?"

"No, just this time."

"What?! Are you serious?"

"Yes"

"I've never seen a shoulder get that mangled without multiple injuries."

"When I do things, apparently I do them right the first time."

Then in my pre op visit.

"Well, we are hopeful that you will get some of the movement back in your shoulder."

"What?!"

"I mean, it's not like you are an NFL quarterback or anything."

"You better start treating me like a fucking NFL quarterback."

:Stunned silence:

Then after the surgery when they warned me they would open my shoulder up if it was bad bad. with the intern doc:

"I've never seen a doctor do that big of a repair through the scope. Ever. Every other doctor would've opened up your shoulder to repair it."

"Well thank god for small favors!"

After rehab I have about 95% of my motion and good strength. Its been over ten years since the injury and everything is still working correctly *Knock on wood*

I also lucked out on my doctor, apparently. He was the Lobos shoulder doctor and before that was the doctor for the Philadelphia Eagles. Totally the universe looking out on that one.

I would love to hear about your CBD choices as the waters are totally muddy when it comes to good versus garbage CBD.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I tore my rotator and blew out my labrum. I will never forget the conversations I had with the doctors.

"You have obviously dislocated your shoulder a bunch of times right?"

"No, just this time."

"What?! Are you serious?"

"Yes"

"I've never seen a shoulder get that mangled without multiple injuries."

"When I do things, apparently I do them right the first time."

Then in my pre op visit.

"Well, we are hopeful that you will get some of the movement back in your shoulder."

"What?!"

"I mean, it's not like you are an NFL quarterback or anything."

"You better start treating me like a fucking NFL quarterback."

:Stunned silence:

Then after the surgery when they warned me they would open my shoulder up if it was bad bad. with the intern doc:

"I've never seen a doctor do that big of a repair through the scope. Ever. Every other doctor would've opened up your shoulder to repair it."

"Well thank god for small favors!"

After rehab I have about 95% of my motion and good strength. Its been over ten years since the injury and everything is still working correctly *Knock on wood*

I also lucked out on my doctor, apparently. He was the Lobos shoulder doctor and before that was the doctor for the Philadelphia Eagles. Totally the universe looking out on that one.

I would love to hear about your CBD choices as the waters are totally muddy when it comes to good versus garbage CBD.

Tim's Trauma balm
smallbatchsalves.com

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I am currently dealing with sciatic problems.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well this current issue popped up yesterday after weed whacking, so sitting has nothing to do with it. I will be checking out those books, however.
Stretching and core strengthening enabled me to be free of all back and sciatica isues.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still fat.... still bouncing between 217 and 220.

I know why.... I suppose at least I'm not gaining any weight while I continually jump on/off the wagon.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been at it consistently for about 5 months now. Taking things slow, but seeing solid results. My diet could be dialed in better, and I could drink less beer...but I'm not chasing perfection. Just "good". I would rather enjoy myself than diet down to sub 10% and have a ripped 6 pack. I turn 43 this week and haven't been in this good of shape since my early 20s.

Reactions: BNB

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Really like you but you're still tearing your body apart even if you can't feel it. 25 times to ortho surgery so I know pain. Learn to eat it and not mask it. Pain is something that you can master. Sorry for that

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really like you but you're still tearing your body apart even if you can't feel it. 25 times to ortho surgery so I know pain. Learn to eat it and not mask it. Pain is something that you can master. Sorry for that
Why endure chronic pain if u have a means to get rid of it?

Being stupid does not equal being tough.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is eating your pain a similar theory to brett's cooking the shit out of bad meat?