update:-----------------
HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!
LOL oops my avatar is fucked up over there

Last edited:

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, don't trash the film. I learned a lot about Kobe's mind in that film. I thought it was good

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano's contract was 8 years, not 6.
Zambrano's no-trade clause is a moot point now, he has the 10-5 veto

The Wizards actually offered Arenas 127M over 6 years. He has set that franchise back for the next decade with his gun case and albatross of a contract

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
At the time, I like many Cubs fans liked the fact we got Soriano and didn't think or care about what they spent to get him. Ahhh to go back in time lol.

I never liked the Zambrano contract. I thought it was a bad move. He is one of the Cubs that I don't like. I have never found him to be a great pitcher. Good yeah, but not great to warrant that contract.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^three cubbies on that list...ehhh

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Can't really count Silva's though since we didn't sign him to it. Although Bradley should have been on there.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
^three cubbies on that list...ehhh

Not my fault Jim Hendry is a moron, right?

Can't really count Silva's though since we didn't sign him to it. Although Bradley should have been on there.

This wasn't a "these teams are stupid" piece, though some of the selections may have had that element, that wasn't the overall point. Carlos Silva's deal is still BAD regardless of who actually signed him to it. And if you read the first section of the slide, I said that contracts that end after 2010 (or was it 2011?) were not considered.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
This wasn't a "these teams are stupid" piece, though some of the selections may have had that element, that wasn't the overall point. Carlos Silva's deal is still BAD regardless of who actually signed him to it. And if you read the first section of the slide, I said that contracts that end after 2010 (or was it 2011?) were not considered.

My reply wasn't to the article. It was to cubsdevil when he said there are 3 Cubs players on there. Granted there are 3 on there but only 2 that Hendry signed. Which is why I made the Bradley comment.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
My reply wasn't to the article. It was to cubsdevil when he said there are 3 Cubs players on there. Granted there are 3 on there but only 2 that Hendry signed. Which is why I made the Bradley comment.

Gotcha....I think.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Hell I don't even know what I mean anymore. It's been a long night/morning/afternoon.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The zambrano contract looks bad now.....but at the time i think it was the right thing to do, he looked like a superstar in the making. hell pay 50% of the contract and il take him on the south side right now!!!

Lefty

Liked Posts:
hell pay 50% of the contract and il take him on the south side right now!!!

Ehhh, I don't know. I mean his stats since the horrendous Opening Day start have been pretty good, but I have heard from Cubs fans that watch more of his starts that his pitches have been a little flat and his control has been off. A point I think is evident in the fact that it has taken three consecutive Category III starts (110-121 pitches in a start) to get through 18 innings.