The W'Sox get Brett Lawrie from Oakland for 2 minor league pitcher

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jane LeeVerified account
‏@JaneMLB
A's trade Lawrie to White Sox, get RHP J.B. Wendelken and LHP Zack Erwin.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sox gave away nothing for him. Very pleased

Of course not. What would you expect to give up for a career .260 hitter and .316 OBP?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Of course not. What would you expect to give up for a career .260 hitter and .316 OBP?

Given how bad we are at the position since Joe Crede manned the spot and the demand for guys to play the position, I thought for sure we'd have to provide at least one top 10-15 spec.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is interesting that they also are looking to trade for Todd Frazier who I think would really solidify the inside. Lawrie would slide to 2nd and Tyler S. would certainly deserve a good look at short-stop.

Unknowns in all of this is going to be what happens with Garcia if her gets moved out in a outfield realignment. His trade value can't be very good and I still think he has a good chance to be successful. Maybe he goes in to be a 4th outfielder and DH?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

But he was hitting in a poor hitting ball park and still had decent HR and RBI numbers. I look at it this way. He is still young. he is a plus infielder who also can play outfield. And he will have better power numbers in our park in all likelihood.

Getting him is not a big step but is a positive step and with this team, that means something.