This is a big weekend for the Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been trying to figure out why I feel like I am going to claw my way up the walls and why everyone seems so on edge.

It just dawned on me that because of the bye week it is 26 days since the last Bears win. It will be almost a month before the Jets game. No wonder some of us have been so down on the team.

This game is as close to a must win as we are going to get this season. This is a mediocre Jets team, with a rookie QB, no healthy weapons, and it is in Chicago.

It is made even more necessary when you see that the Packers [@Rams] are probably going to take a hard L, and the Vikings are hosting the Saints, which easily could be a loss.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Jets are a mediocre team with a rookie QB and a lot of injuries. Bears st home have to win this one, no excuses will be valid.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is a great opportunity to work on slants, back shoulder throws, run blocking.. How bout not have Trubs try to throw it + 20 yrds every other play and concentrate on calling a fundamental sound game. Trubs needs to work on his footwork and this is a prefect opportunity to do this against.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said I smell a win and I got boofed!

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I have been trying to figure out why I feel like I am going to claw my way up the walls and why everyone seems so on edge.

It just donned on me that because of the bye week it is 26 days since the last Bears win. It will be almost a month before the Jets game. No wonder some of us have been so down on the team.

This game is as close to a must win as we are going to get this season. This is a mediocre Jets team, with a rookie QB, no healthy weapons, and it is in Chicago.

It is made even more necessary when you see that the Packers [@Rams] are probably going to take a hard L, and the Vikings are hosting the Saints, which easily could be a loss.

Who is Don and why did you let him on you?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very easily could be

Vikings: 4-3-1
Bears: 4:3
Packers: 3-3-1

Lions have the Seahawks in Detroit, to me that is not a gimme either.

Bears have the easiest game.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing is easy for the Bears, nothing. But, I'll take the Jets over the Saints, Rams and even the Seahawks at home.

That said, if the Packers manage to win Sunday expect more Rodgers media love than ever before.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we have a legit shot at the playoffs this year, this game is a must win. Also next week.

They then need to find 5 wins out of Detroit and Minnesota twice, Green Bay, SF, NYG, and LAR.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a great opportunity to work on slants, back shoulder throws, run blocking.. How bout not have Trubs try to throw it + 20 yrds every other play and concentrate on calling a fundamental sound game. Trubs needs to work on his footwork and this is a prefect opportunity to do this against.

Slants? Did xer0 get to you?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Numbers be damned, the Jets defense is the real deal and will be the toughest this offense has faced so far.

They will blitz often.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

It just dawned on me that because of the bye week it is 26 days since the last Bears win. It will be almost a month before the Jets game. No wonder some of us have been so down on the team.

Good observation. I hope I'm not that tied to the Bears winning, but it's not a great mood, is it?

We are expecting more this year, and for good reason. If the Bears lose at home to the Jets at Week 8, you have to conclude it's systemic. Which is worse than a talent issue.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
If we don't win this game then the hype is officially all gone.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I thought about that too... work on slants, the 3-10 yard throws, West Coast, Read Option, Run-Pass Option, Rush up the middle, Play Action Pass and Draws -- instead of chucking it deep every other play.

And good reason for that, simply being, when Mitch is missing those deep throws, you lose an essential down in gaining a 3rd in short.

But, you watch some of these games this year, Pack-Bears, Bears-Bucs, Dol-Bears, Pat-Bears, Titans-Broncos... teams are winning games hitting the deep balls. And I think this is a strong suit for Mitch and the receivers. I think they have to keep developing this every game. And so every other set of downs, I think they have to go deep. Obviously, when your Off is successful here, it's going to open up the short game.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If we have a legit shot at the playoffs this year, this game is a must win. Also next week.

They then need to find 5 wins out of Detroit and Minnesota twice, Green Bay, SF, NYG, and LAR.
True, you have to consider the goal 11-5, right?

If Bears hit 4 loses here, you're looking at having to run the table to make the playoffs... with one loss in there somewhere, hopefully a non-division game.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This game is absolutely a must win.

In fact, the next 2 are.

You cant go into those divisional matchups not 5-3. If the bears lose one of these next 2 games, they can kiss the playoffs goodbye imo.

Rams game is a loss, and we'll probably split with with the Vikings. That's 11-5 right there, you gotta assume they drop another "should-win" game and that's 10-6, just enough to squeak in.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what will be interesting is Pace's game plan. Enough with the fancy stuff. Good sound fundamental football. Mitch should throw the ball maybe 25 times.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I agree with most of the posters here. These next two weeks will be very telling for this franchise as a whole.

Missing the playoffs, finishing 8-8 or worse, saddled with Mack's contract, and no draft picks will be the begining of the end for Pace.