This is a big weekend for the Bears

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This game is absolutely a must win.

In fact, the next 2 are.

You cant go into those divisional matchups not 5-3. If the bears lose one of these next 2 games, they can kiss the playoffs goodbye imo.

Rams game is a loss, and we'll probably split with with the Vikings. That's 11-5 right there, you gotta assume they drop another "should-win" game and that's 10-6, just enough to squeak in.
You lay it right there. Loss to Rams and Viks is 11-5, we really can't afford to lose any but those two. 10-6 is probably only a 50/50 chance of playoffs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is about as much as a must win as it gets. Given that, the Bears should be able to get back on track over the next two weeks. Have to win both games.

WMarshall

Liked Posts:
Sorry,I don’t see the Bears beating Detroit twice, Green Bay is iffy with Rodgers, and IMO splitting with Minnesota is no gimme. I think 9-7 is doable, but not 11-5

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This game is absolutely a must win.

In fact, the next 2 are.

You cant go into those divisional matchups not 5-3. If the bears lose one of these next 2 games, they can kiss the playoffs goodbye imo.

Rams game is a loss, and we'll probably split with with the Vikings. That's 11-5 right there, you gotta assume they drop another "should-win" game and that's 10-6, just enough to squeak in.
I think they beat the Jets, Bills, Lions once, Niners and Giants. That's 8-8, which is what I thought before week one. I don't know how they get 11.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I wanna see the defense get back on track and I wanna see the offense continue to grow. Mostly I wanna see Nagy grow. We should be 6-0 or 5-1 right now but his refusal to pound the ball late cost us 3 games out of 6. We have the right personal so I just don't get it. I love Nagy but he needs to grow every bit as much as the young QB. He does not use his personal the right way on either side of the ball and I hate saying this but Nagy is holding us back right now. Rookie coach so I,m not mad but he needs to grow as a coach. There are times late in games where old school ground and pound would have put games away for us.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree with most of the posters here. These next two weeks will be very telling for this franchise as a whole.

Missing the playoffs, finishing 8-8 or worse, saddled with Mack's contract, and no draft picks will be the begining of the end for Pace.

Yes, missing the playoffs in the HC's first year is always a clear sign to start over and blow it up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with most of the posters here. These next two weeks will be very telling for this franchise as a whole.

Missing the playoffs, finishing 8-8 or worse, saddled with Mack's contract, and no draft picks will be the begining of the end for Pace.

Saddled with one of the top 3 defensive players in the league, damn it.

Even with Mack the playoffs were an outside shot. But unlike the other teams in the division our HC and QB can still improve a great deal. That is where our improvement comes from.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saddled with one of the top 3 defensive players in the league, damn it.

Even with Mack the playoffs were an outside shot. But unlike the other teams in the division our HC and QB can still improve a great deal. That is where our improvement comes from.

That guy is always a dark cloud

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
The most encouraging thing from this season is that the talent gap has been closed. Outside of maybe the Rams, the Bears stack up well in the overall talent department.
The gaps remain in the coaching and experience departments. The coaching part is rapidly catching up and surpassing many teams and I think will become one of the better staffs in the near future.
It’s going to come down to Trubisky’s learning curve and some of the other young players stepping up.
I’m not a fan of putting a single game on making or breaking a season. This year to me really comes down to how well Mitch and the offense progress, the wins and losses will take care of themselves.
The Bears are in the toughest division in football, there are no gimmes. If they can somehow make the playoffs, that would be bode well for the future but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before the Mack trade, I had the team winning 7 games max. I was called a troll and a moron, etc. Most posters had higher expectations than me, but are now trying to pump the brakes on expectations because the team hasn't looked so hot.

Nothing has really changed with me, others a redrawing the line in the sand and saying "improvement is all I need to see."

Improvement from 3 to 5 loss seasons is your expectation? 6 or 7 wins is good enough? What happened to being this year's Rams/Eagles?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
That guy is always a dark cloud

tumblr_p2ldosul1q1vwvx0xo1_500.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a great opportunity to work on slants, back shoulder throws, run blocking.. How bout not have Trubs try to throw it + 20 yrds every other play and concentrate on calling a fundamental sound game. Trubs needs to work on his footwork and this is a prefect opportunity to do this against.

I must be a chick because I love the deep ball.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think they beat the Jets, Bills, Lions once, Niners and Giants. That's 8-8, which is what I thought before week one. I don't know how they get 11.

I don't see 11 either, but I see 10 as feasible. Looking at the NFC landscape, I think 10-6 will be enough IF they can get to 4-2 in the division and win these NFC games. The NFC will be hard fought this year, but I see a lot of teams ending around 8-8ish. Very even playing field accross the divisions, more-so than in years past imo.

I didn't think we'd even be having this discussion at this point in the season, that alone is a welcome breath of fresh air.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanna see the defense get back on track and I wanna see the offense continue to grow. Mostly I wanna see Nagy grow. We should be 6-0 or 5-1 right now but his refusal to pound the ball late cost us 3 games out of 6. We have the right personal so I just don't get it. I love Nagy but he needs to grow every bit as much as the young QB. He does not use his personal the right way on either side of the ball and I hate saying this but Nagy is holding us back right now. Rookie coach so I,m not mad but he needs to grow as a coach. There are times late in games where old school ground and pound would have put games away for us.

The fuck are you going on about? If any of the coaches are holding this team back right now its Vic Fangio. The offense is the only reason they have been competitive the last three weeks.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
To kind of reply to the last two posts, I too am far from doom and gloom regardless of how high my hopes have led my expectations.

The reality has been that it has been a fun ride with us coming out on the wrong end of three close, hard fought, entertaining games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying the ride thus far. I never expected the offense to be this far along at this point in the season. I still thought we would be leaning on a strong aggressive defense. Instead the offense is having to pick up the slack for a passive defense that can't do its job.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
BEARS won

DET lost
GB leading 10 - 0 with 10:00 left in the 2nd quarter
MIN plays tonight